Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,543
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Awaiting these Kentucky weather Gods to make up their minds on this 2nd round of the PGA Championship. 
    There's a whole lot more than the weather at play right now.  Scheffler is in a trick sack.  Valhalla access is closed now due to a pedestrian death out there this AM, not related to Scheffler.
    We got there at 10am and left at 9pm. Scottie played his game. No shortage of followers. No one in attendance could believe any of this morning’s events. I will say the public shuttle service was amazing to and from the course. Price was perfect too
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,901
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I'm pretty convinced that this is the week to empty my retirement account and bet it all - spread evenly over these 10 matches.  

With all joking aside, I have become fully convinced that your predictions and more accurate and more entertaining than anything I can find on the telly on this side of the pond.

I wish you were wrong about some of them (would love to see Arsenal pip Citeh and Man U sneak into Europe) but in my heart I know you're probably right.
    Kind words my friend and please spend your winnings responsibly.
    I would recommend consuming your body weight in booze and exotic substances, then use any left over for a bulk order of lump. 

Leeds will face Southampton to contest the final promotion spot in to the PL, so were it not for Ipswich then all three of last season's relegated teams would be straight back up.   Well done to the Tractor Boys for keeping things interesting, as the Hatters sought to do this season. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ragingirishman2

Ouch. Hope it’s not too bad. We have a mandolin, but I’ve never used it. Have a chef friend who rendered the dangers very clear. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,397
    Options
    @Ragingirishman2

Ouch. Hope it’s not too bad. We have a mandolin, but I’ve never used it. Have a chef friend who rendered the dangers very clear. 
    My nephews starter wife was our object lesson. In more ways than one actually.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,230
    Options
    @Ragingirishman2

“starter wife” lol - don’t think I’ve ever heard that before, but it paints a picture!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,695
    edited May 18
    Options
    @Ragingirishman2 I agree :blush:
    Edit: STOP when you think you can get one more slice out of it, trust me!

canuckland
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 723
    Options
    Applying a field dressing. Mandolins are sharp

DASH Safe Slice Mandoline for Vegetables, Meal Prep & More with 30+ Presets & Thickness Adjuster, Midnight Navy from the Amazon. The links didn't work even from the site. After the wife and I both suffered similar issues I decided to go to that. It works and is only worse when it comes to cleaning. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,322
    Options
    My mandoline went into the trash after I cut myself. The doc and nurse said they see it all the time. That was enough for me. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,784
    Options
    My mandoline went into the trash after I cut myself. The doc and nurse said they see it all the time. That was enough for me. 

I had a doc and nurse pull a fish hook out of my thumb, I’m still fishing!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,695
    Options
    Speaking of doc, haven't seen @DuckDogDr around these days.
    canuckland
  • DoubleEgger
    edited May 18
    Options

Given how close I was to losing a finger, it’s a prudent call. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Given how close I was to losing a finger, it’s a prudent call. 
    So you’re saying you were lucky it was … just the tip?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,776
    Options
    I use "training wife". That is a first time for "starter wife" for me but the end result is still expensive!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,397
    Options
    @Ragingirishman2

“starter wife” lol - don’t think I’ve ever heard that before, but it paints a picture!
    It beats  She Who Must Not be Named, Strike One, or &$”! Current wife is okay and they have one baby and another due around Christmas. Well there are the 2 cats she had to have ( her MIL is highly allergic).
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Just left my son’s graduation.
    Congrats. One step closer to getting him off of the payroll! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @shtgunal3 - awesome!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    First and third 

Had to worn the topper you would of got first and second 😜
    On a serious note, congratulations brother 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,776
    Options
    @lkapigian - great results right there.  Congrats on the finishes.  Plus for the Raiders hat! Coulda been more if Oakland!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,487
    edited May 19
    Options
    @lkapigian

One of the best photos I’ve seen here in a good while. Congrats to you both. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,912
    Options
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    First and third 

LoL , and it was there and I failed to put it on! Next week another chance 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    First and third 

LoL , and it was there and I failed to put it on! Next week another chance 
    Standing by for the topper shot 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,156
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Just left my son’s graduation.

@shtgunal3 - Congratulations to both of you.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,732
    Options
    Thanks guys. Bittersweet for sure. 2 down, 1 to go.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .