Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,699
    Options
    Heading up to Louisville for a few days. Son is shooting in the National NASP archery tournament.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,617
    Options
    Straight arrow in the family, hope he does well.
    canuckland
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,528
    Options
    kl8ton said:

My wife knew I was headed home from work and would be  going straight for the shower. This was waiting for me. I'm no longer anti shower beer. 
    I'm calling foul here. Beer in the shower, WITHOUT a cooling sleeve on it??? 
    Time for HR to give some training.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,545
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Checking honeypots. 

careful..Paul Williams may be getting more than you think
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,552
    edited May 9
    Options
    Four of the ski areas here got over 30" of snow this week, and Alta got over 40".  Three guys hiked up to the Lone Peak area (near Alta) to back-country ski, and they were searching for them this morning, after an avalanche.  Choppered one guy out after noon, he walked to the ambulance so he'll be okay, but the other two still haven't been found and are probably done.  A third of the way into May...
    And locally they're predicting 60+ mph winds* tonight/tomorrow, another east windshear.  Last one I lost 2.5 trees and part of my gutters.  Good thing all the environmental laws will be eliminated soon for a paltry $1B, so we can keep this up.  

*now just updated to 65+ mph, just like last time, so I anticipate 99 mph by 4 am; just like last time.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• shtgunal3
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options

Never mind solar storms, we are hovering on the cusp of climax.  The PL is very much alive with a title race heading to the wire and survival not yet certain for at least one club.  We can skip past the centre section of the bell curve that find  the bulk of teams’ players impatient for their late May Dubai, Ibiza and Vegas jaunts.  Enjoy these precious moments before the long, long barren 10 weeks between this and next season. 

Saturday

Fulham v Man City, tricky as the Cottagers are at home this is City and they have the scent of the title. 1-2

Bournemouth v Brentford, surely they can do this one on Zoom?  2-0

Everton v Sheffield Utd,  the now safe Toffees host the relegated Blades.  Apparently Evertonians will ‘celebrate’ the season but all the while conscious that far bigger existential issues remain outstanding. 1-0

Newcastle v Brighton, low rent Euro Cup qualification looks on for Toon but they must stay ahead of Chelseas who are finally starting to fire. At home they should have enough for the yesterday’s firework of a team called Brighton. 2-0

Spurs v Burnley, the wretched form of Spurs has all but extinguished Champions League qualification, unless they win all their last three and Villa lose.  Just can’t see either of those.  The Clarets might land a punch or two here but they know the game’s up. 2-1

West Ham v Luton, the Hammers have checked out and the Hatters winning here keeps the relegation battle alive.  Could easily occur. Let’s gone bananas. 0-1.

Wolves v Palace, an away win bounces the Eagles towards their natural habitat of 10th(ish) and so there’s some inevitability. We are on a winning streak which does nothing but promote anxiety. The Old Gold have nothing to play for. 0-2

Forest v Chelsea, big game for Forest because despite being 3 points clear of Luton, Chelsea are different gravy now and pushing hard for a surprise Euro spot.  1-3 - the relegation battle stays alive. 

Sunday 

Man Utd v Arsenal, this should have been the media’s dream tie but let’s be frank - Utd are a shambles. Since being walloped by Palace on Monday the papers are full of sympathy stories about just how tough it is to be one of the richest clubs in the world laden twist talent and cash.  0-3  and the Gunners keep up the title race.

Monday

Aston Villa v Liverpool, 4th hosting third should be a spectacle but things are petering out for both teams with the Reds secure for the Champions League and winding down Big Jurgy’s tenure.  Villa have flatlined and this will be a tricky tie for both o navigate.  I am going 1-1  because eI just don’t know.

Tuesday : bonus Man City game in-hand forecast : so this is the big one,  Citeh’s ace in their hand Spurs v Man City.   Win this and it all comes down to the last game of the season. - and assume they have matched each other’s results this weekend, it’s advantage City got eh first time in months.  0-2 because Spurs are just Spursy, which in fact makes it harder as they could turn out any sort of performance. 

Can you stand the pressure?  Are you more concerned about a coronal mass ejection?   I’ll await your replies on all of that.  Carry on. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Having an early garage beer with the wife. 
    Hard to beat, in my books. 

Enjoy. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Trying to coax @TEXASBGE2018 out of his slumber. 

Spring just emerging here. 

• shtgunal3
    Options

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,715
    Options
    Good turn out!^^
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    That was an hour before first pitch. It filled up pretty well before the game started.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Can’t remember who’s posted the article about the northern lights this weekend, maybe @DoubleEgger . They are showing quite well in north Alabama tonight. Too bad I’m not home to see it. The picture with the travel trailer is at my home. 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,393
    edited May 11
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Can’t remember who’s posted the article about the northern lights this weekend, maybe @DoubleEgger . They are showing quite well in north Alabama tonight. Too bad I’m not home to see it. The picture with the travel trailer is at my home. 
    Beautiful photos. They’re supposed to be visible here too, though there is currently cloud coverage.

When I was 16, I visited an uncle and family and did an eight day canoe trip pretty far North in Saskatchewan. Paddled and portaged 12 to 16 hours a day, every day, and never crossed paths with any other people the entire trip. Arms had doubled in size by the end of the voyage. One of the highlights, aside from the nightly scotch and cigars by the campfire, was seeing the Northern lights. Like nothing I had ever seen at home. 

Thanks for the memory jog. 
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Scotch, cigars, and northern lights. I like it. I’ve never seen the northern lights. Will be back home tomorrow night. Hopefully they’ll still be visible. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,364
    Options
    Menards trip

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    what is the point of stupid Num Lock
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    How else would you lock your nums?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    How else would you lock your nums?

Right?! and why does the cursor go flying when you punch a number with the Num Lock on, like is the number pad locked or not? The button should say "Find the Cursor"
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,473
    Options
    Preparing myself for mind numbing. Daughters dance recital in 3 hours. She’s in 4 performances/routines over a 3 hour period. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I was trying to get my honey into a local Mexican grocery store that just opened, so I thought I would buy something and came home with a tube of beef chorizo.  This morning I thought maybe some chorizo breakfast tacos were in order, popped half a tube in the pan and proceeded to heat it up.  The chorizo began to liquefy, I am thinking is there any meat in this or is it a tube of grease?  I proceed to fish out a small piece of what looked like tendon, stirred it around and concluded that it was all grease with bits of... I will read the label (which I had been avoiding).  Salivary Glands, Lymph Nodes, Fat, cheek and tongue.  So I poured it in a bowl (where it solidified) and wiped the pan and threw the tube in the garbage.   
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 949
    Options
    Never buy meat in a tube. You're lucky the ingredients didn't list beaks and a$$holes. Also, of you buy meat in a tube, never let your buddies see you eat it the long way.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,113
    Options
    Just finished up mowing and trial run of new leaf blower.
    Old Toro T25 2-stroke died during last usage.  Magneto housing deteriorated and pickup was dragging on the flywheel.  Coulda got a new Mag for about $35, went green instead.  When Mrs. Cooper saw it she said my ego was already big enough!  😁

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,223
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    That was an hour before first pitch. It filled up pretty well before the game started.
    Down here in AZ, MLB all the way down through college look empty until middle of second inning.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,552
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Just finished up mowing and trial run of new leaf blower.
    Old Toro T25 2-stroke died during last usage.  Magneto housing deteriorated and pickup was dragging on the flywheel.  Coulda got a new Mag for about $35, went green instead.  When Mrs. Cooper saw it she said my ego was already big enough!  😁

Seems like a great tool for cleaning out your Egg, too.
    It's not.   :|

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,393
    edited May 11
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Menards trip

Zoomed in on the “Zep”, as it’s a product I’ve never seen before. 

Is this like instead of a bidet?