Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 490
    Options
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 726
    Options
    I love the look of the two muscles 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,093
    Options
    I'm not sure what I was thinking but here I am with another project. Not so much a project as it's more clean up than anything. A sneak peak of a picture of what I'm working on. I'll get a couple more pictures in the next few days if I get some more time to clean it up. It's nothing super exciting by any stretch but it was the right price and I couldn't say no. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,783
    Options

@Eggpharmer - that's a whole hunk of great brisket right there.  You will likely trim 4+ lbs to get it ready to go.  Enjoy the cook and follow-on banquet.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,452
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm not sure what I was thinking but here I am with another project. Not so much a project as it's more clean up than anything. A sneak peak of a picture of what I'm working on. I'll get a couple more pictures in the next few days if I get some more time to clean it up. It's nothing super exciting by any stretch but it was the right price and I couldn't say no. 

I'm curious
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,901
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Aldi had bee houses in their "one time only" aisle.  Decided to give one a try.

Ah the wonders of tbe Isle of Shyte as we call it over here.  An epic land of adventure. 
    For context the Isle of Wight is just off Southampton, hence the play on words.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @fishlessman - he is spring loaded and ready for action.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,235
    Options
    Getting everything together to make up some pig shots.  Friends of ours have a Derby party tonight.  Will be bringing them as an appetizer.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - who's your Derby horse?
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,159
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Not that I was asked but, my daily double is Mystik Dan and Forever Young. 
    Do not bet on the gray horse.  :)
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,235
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Haven’t even looked at the field yet, Frank.  But the party hosts do run this thing where you can place as many single dollar bets as you want.  It’s always a lot of fun, even the kids get into it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 950
    Options
    Recovering from ankle surgery that I had yesterday morning. The nerve block wore off last night and I've been in horrific pain ever since. Didn't sleep more than an hour last night. I didn't expect it be so intense, but I guess the incision is fairly large. The pain level is about the same as when they replaced my knees. It never ends. Think this is my 16th major surgery, there were plenty of minor ones along the way too. Would like a full year with no operations, that would be a good change of pace.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 950
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

I love that movie, very quirky, makes you wonder how someone can think of that whole storyline.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,544
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Recovering from ankle surgery that I had yesterday morning. The nerve block wore off last night and I've been in horrific pain ever since. Didn't sleep more than an hour last night. I didn't expect it be so intense, but I guess the incision is fairly large. The pain level is about the same as when they replaced my knees. It never ends. Think this is my 16th major surgery, there were plenty of minor ones along the way too. Would like a full year with no operations, that would be a good change of pace.

As someone enjoying a fibula break in the ankle, I literally feel your pain. I’m so tired of wearing this damn boot and using crutches/scooter. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,784
    Options
    Search function is down @The_Buffalo
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 726
    Options
    They've been playing with it for a few weeks it seems. It kind of got AIish one time I used it. Jonessteve must have felt left out and unplugged it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,544
    Options
    A Lafayette, LA jockey beats the odds and wins the Derby. Gotta love a hometown boy winning in Louisville!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,625
    Options
    Watched a PBS show called Roadfood this morning, the host visited a bunch of the taco spots in Brownsville, TX.  The last place was "grandfathered" into buried-pit cooking for his restaurant (I guess the FDA doesn't allow it anymore?), owner said he was the last place to cook using that method, once he's dead it's gone (at least in commercial restaurants).  
    He built a roaring fire in a cement-block pit, about 4' x 4' x 10', and once burned down to coals dropped about half-dozen whole cow heads, wrapped in foil, covered the pit with sheetmetal, and then dirt/ash.
    Next morning they pulled off the cover, and the host jumped into the pit to lift out the heads; his shirt was 100% soaked before he got the first head out.  They then picked all the meat off the heads, including the eyeballs, and he had to "pop" the pupil out of the eye as it's inedible.  They did make tacos out of the remaining eyeball, and I think that's one thing I'll pass on if I ever get the chance, blech.  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• lousubcap
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    lousubcap said:

Not that I was asked but, my daily double is Mystik Dan and Forever Young. 
    Do not bet on the gray horse.  :)
    @dbCooper- nicely done.  🐎
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,348
    Options
    Anybody seen @caliking lately?  
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,914
    Options
    Anybody seen @caliking lately?  
    Not within the past few days on the forum but he's in touch regularly via text.  He's probably just in rounds or something at the hospital.  If you're wondering about the flooding near him, I did check in on him just now and he said they're fine. It's all about 50 miles north of him.
    Thanks for the update John !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian