Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,597
    Options
    ^^^^ I don’t care what you say but that is funny ^^^😂😂😂😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,610
    Options
    Sorry, couldn't resist after reading JIC's update.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,553
    Options
    @caliking - thanks for surfacing here.  I figured I a few months to find an alternative chocolate pretzel source.  Now all is well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,336
    Options
    I put up the for sale sign on my parents rental property Friday. I have spent a lot of days over the past 6 weeks, along with my brothers in law, fixing and renovating it . Never give tenants notice to vacate without video taping the property condition first. They: yanked the knob off of one shower, the tracks off of 2 drawers, the handle off of the fridge, tracked oil fuel sludge up the carpeted stairs, yanked the heck out of the kitchen faucet, the dish washer was broken, the taps for the clothes washer leaked, had put up about a hundred nails in the wall, and we had to throw away 12 garbage cans full of their belongings and In addition take a trailer to the dump 3 times. Good times.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,242
    Options
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy Renters suck. 
    Two years ago we offered to sell the house to them at what I considered a bargain price(my Dad's decision, not mine). Despite an annual income roughly twice what my parents was they couldn't get a creditor to back the sale. We should have put it up for sale then but my Dad had a soft spot for them. We could probably net $25K more back then but the neighborhood has been in a decline.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,548
    Options
    I put up the for sale sign on my parents rental property Friday. I have spent a lot of days over the past 6 weeks, along with my brothers in law, fixing and renovating it . Never give tenants notice to vacate without video taping the property condition first. They: yanked the knob off of one shower, the tracks off of 2 drawers, the handle off of the fridge, tracked oil fuel sludge up the carpeted stairs, yanked the heck out of the kitchen faucet, the dish washer was broken, the taps for the clothes washer leaked, had put up about a hundred nails in the wall, and we had to throw away 12 garbage cans full of their belongings and In addition take a trailer to the dump 3 times. Good times.
    I acted as a property manager in Albuquerque for a few years, and it takes a particular, strong set of personality characteristics to work with renters, which I obviously did not have.  Never again.
    Sorry you had to go thru all that, but I bet it felt good to post that sign; the end is in sight!  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Their other house , that they lived in, will take very little work. The hardest thing is convincing them that good furniture will have to be donated or trashed. They kept a toy battery powered chimpanzee that I received for Christmas 60 years ago. I went upstairs and finished cleaning the attic out, never figured what the box of pinecones was for.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,711
    Options
    I have a rental house. Shenanigans 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,220
    Options
    Their other house , that they lived in, will take very little work. The hardest thing is convincing them that good furniture will have to be donated or trashed. They kept a toy battery powered chimpanzee that I received for Christmas 60 years ago. I went upstairs and finished cleaning the attic out, never figured what the box of pinecones was for.
    That is a definite generational gap.  We deal with a lot of estate sales and such.  The elderly folk saved everything, remember when/how much they got something for, and think it should easily still be worth the same.

It is sad when they realize many donation places won’t take the items and their kids end up just paying a junk service to remove and throw it all away.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    That is a definite generational gap.  We deal with a lot of estate sales and such.  The elderly folk saved everything, remember when/how much they got something for, and think it should easily still be worth the same.

It is sad when they realize many donation places won’t take the items and their kids end up just paying a junk service to remove and throw it all away.
    Well it turns out that my niece's adopted daughter wanted the chimpanzee and the squirrels wanted their pinecones back. The thing was how many things were stored in their original box with the owner's manual in his home office.
    One item that I may end up with is my maternal grandmother's cast iron skillet(still well seasoned). She would fry bacon in it every morning followed by eggs and leave the bacon grease in it. Then at lunch she would heat the skillet up and pour her cornbread batter into it. Her cornbread may have been what sealed the deal as to my parents marriage. His mother was an excellent cook with just one fault, her cornbread.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Excitement is being turned up to 11 in the PL,  well certainly a strong 8 - as we turn on to the final lap with just three game weeks left.  But, elsewhere we see that Leicester will be back in the PL next season, promoted from Championship replacing Sheffield Utd who were relegated last weekend.  The Foxes, those of the myth busting PL title win in 2015/16, will return facing sanctions for financial issues and shorn of talent as they must sell to balance the books, or face more sanctions. Has all the fun gone out the game? 

We need to get a move on as we go early this week

Friday

Luton v Everton, this really is the Hatters’ last chance to stave off their demise. This game is winnable as the Toffees are now safe themselves, but have been in good form whilst their hosts haven’t. 2-1 on the basis it keeps things fun at the bottom.

Saturday

Arsenal v Bournemouth, as much fun as it has been for the Cherries recently the Gunners are different gravy right now and at home they will want to nail down another 3 points to keep their single hand on the title.  2-0

Brentford v Fulham, futile match and by virtue of being very close neighbours the carbon cost is relatively low too. 1-1

Burnley v Newcastle, the Clarets are also in the last-chance saloon and while Toon have not been compelling this should be a box-ticking exercise of an away win.  There is a speck of hope in that the hosts have been in better form and ground out 7 points in their last 6 games, but really only a win is good enough and that feels very unlikely. 1-3

Sheff Utd v Forest, the Blades are down and that sometime means liberation and a last hurrah as to all intents and purposes there’s no pressure. A home win is not totally beyond the realms of possibility and would keep the relegation dog-fight stoked. 1-0 

Man City v Wolves, the Citeh remain imperious and despite their second place they do feel to hold the title destiny in their hands.  Routine 3-0

Sunday

Brighton v Aston Villa, the filthy Seagulls have been gloriously dismal for several weeks and all the talk is about when the manager departs.  Nice. Villa still need to win games to see off competition from Spurs for the lucrative 4th place and entry to the Champions League.  Not a foregone conclusion but recent form screams an away win. 0-2

Chelsea v West Ham, currently in the obscurity of 8th and 9th place and not what wither envisaged back in August.  The Hammers need to transition, Chelsea need to grow a set and get on with it.  Could turn out to be a decent match, but don’t postpone any plans to watch it. 2-1

Liverpool v Spurs, very hard to see the Reds not setting in 3rd, come the reckoning.  All is not super-groovy for Big Jurgy as his tenure ebbs away. Meh, life goes on.  Spurs have lost their last two which means they will eschew all sense and win this handsomely. 1-3

Monday

Palace v Man Utd. and finally we hit the big one. Well last one, certainly. The mighty Eagles are altogether not what a volatile Man Utd need right now.  Already six points off a European spot they have to pick up all the points they can, or - perhaps the resigned malaise has set in already with all the talk about the entire squad being available for sale. Fickle bunch are footballers and they don’t react well to shade upon their ego.  And Palace are right in the groove. 2-0

Stay strong my friends, nearly there.

Congrats to the Seagulls on a gritty win vs AV!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,872
    Options
    Congrats to Palace @CPFC1905.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,879
    Options
    thetrim said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Excitement is being turned up to 11 in the PL,  well certainly a strong 8 - as we turn on to the final lap with just three game weeks left.  But, elsewhere we see that Leicester will be back in the PL next season, promoted from Championship replacing Sheffield Utd who were relegated last weekend.  The Foxes, those of the myth busting PL title win in 2015/16, will return facing sanctions for financial issues and shorn of talent as they must sell to balance the books, or face more sanctions. Has all the fun gone out the game? 

We need to get a move on as we go early this week

Friday

Luton v Everton, this really is the Hatters’ last chance to stave off their demise. This game is winnable as the Toffees are now safe themselves, but have been in good form whilst their hosts haven’t. 2-1 on the basis it keeps things fun at the bottom.

Saturday

Arsenal v Bournemouth, as much fun as it has been for the Cherries recently the Gunners are different gravy right now and at home they will want to nail down another 3 points to keep their single hand on the title.  2-0

Brentford v Fulham, futile match and by virtue of being very close neighbours the carbon cost is relatively low too. 1-1

Burnley v Newcastle, the Clarets are also in the last-chance saloon and while Toon have not been compelling this should be a box-ticking exercise of an away win.  There is a speck of hope in that the hosts have been in better form and ground out 7 points in their last 6 games, but really only a win is good enough and that feels very unlikely. 1-3

Sheff Utd v Forest, the Blades are down and that sometime means liberation and a last hurrah as to all intents and purposes there’s no pressure. A home win is not totally beyond the realms of possibility and would keep the relegation dog-fight stoked. 1-0 

Man City v Wolves, the Citeh remain imperious and despite their second place they do feel to hold the title destiny in their hands.  Routine 3-0

Sunday

Brighton v Aston Villa, the filthy Seagulls have been gloriously dismal for several weeks and all the talk is about when the manager departs.  Nice. Villa still need to win games to see off competition from Spurs for the lucrative 4th place and entry to the Champions League.  Not a foregone conclusion but recent form screams an away win. 0-2

Chelsea v West Ham, currently in the obscurity of 8th and 9th place and not what wither envisaged back in August.  The Hammers need to transition, Chelsea need to grow a set and get on with it.  Could turn out to be a decent match, but don’t postpone any plans to watch it. 2-1

Liverpool v Spurs, very hard to see the Reds not setting in 3rd, come the reckoning.  All is not super-groovy for Big Jurgy as his tenure ebbs away. Meh, life goes on.  Spurs have lost their last two which means they will eschew all sense and win this handsomely. 1-3

Monday

Palace v Man Utd. and finally we hit the big one. Well last one, certainly. The mighty Eagles are altogether not what a volatile Man Utd need right now.  Already six points off a European spot they have to pick up all the points they can, or - perhaps the resigned malaise has set in already with all the talk about the entire squad being available for sale. Fickle bunch are footballers and they don’t react well to shade upon their ego.  And Palace are right in the groove. 2-0

Stay strong my friends, nearly there.

Congrats to the Seagulls on a gritty win vs AV!
    I see what you're trying to do and it's not big or clever.  Damn those Aston Villa. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,879
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Congrats to Palace @CPFC1905.
    Kindly received.
    Naturally all the coverage here is about how Man Utd lost, buried in amongst the blizzard of snooker, cricket and other matters that are suddenly very important.    
    To be fair to Utd,  which I am not prone to do normally, this end of the season was inevitable given the ownership change and overt enthusiasm for change by Sir Jim.  
    Again trying to be objective Palace have hit a rich vein of form and the defeats of Liverpool and Newcastle were not lucky, while West Ham were there for the taking.  Any team outside the top two would be unkeen for a visit to Selhurst Park right now. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,872
    Options
    Ten Hag’s future is no longer “up for debate”.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,467
    Options
    Walking on my left leg for the first time in 6+ weeks. Fancy walking boot. Ankle doesn’t hurt, now it’s my hip and my knee lol
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SGH - surfacing just before going dark and quiet again.  I get my a$$ kicked with reeling garden hose.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there as you bankroll more $$ for that island buy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,807
    Options
    SGH said:
    Trying hard to get those gas prices down. Hess Black Pearl subsea mainline about to go in the gulf. 
    The first pic is of the massive reel that the pipe winds up on like a garden hose. If you look just right of the reel you can see the pipe reeling onto the reel.  
    See y’all in about 6 weeks my friends.  

Awesome Scottie
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Options
    That's quite a rig from Lone Star. I got one of their Santa Maria Grills a couple of years ago.  Top quality craftsmanship.  And I have never seen anything so well packed and braced for shipping.  
    Enjoy when you get back as I'm sure you will.  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,467
    Options
    I thought the pink razor was yours 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,391
    Options

Someone obviously married well. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,692
    Options
    kl8ton said:

My wife knew I was headed home from work and would be  going straight for the shower. This was waiting for me. I'm no longer anti shower beer. 
    Oh man! Shower beer is the best beer! I agree with @GrateEggspectations you married well indeed

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ragingirishman2
    Ragingirishman2 Posts: 371
    Options
    Just made a batch of bourbon slushies. Used benchmark bib as my store was out of the full proof. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.