Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrillinSailor
    GrillinSailor Posts: 72
    edited May 13
    Options
    From Duke’s commencement ceremony this am:

The speaker was Jerry Seinfeld.  He did a great job, and was clearly excited to be there.  It was very cool.  
    Wish I could have heard it.  I really like Jerry Seinfeld.  Daily beast did their typical inflammatory headline.

That is definitely inflammatory, lol.  

You can probably find video of his speech on YouTube.  It’s worth a watch I think.  He spoke for just about the right amount of time.
    Love Jerry. Jerry gave the grads the advice “Don’t follow your passion, follow your fascination “ Scott Galloway said it a bit better, “find out what you are good at and that people will pay you to do and then spend the thousands of hours it take to get great at that”
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,951
    Options
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:
    Just finished up mowing and trial run of new leaf blower.
    Old Toro T25 2-stroke died during last usage.  Magneto housing deteriorated and pickup was dragging on the flywheel.  Coulda got a new Mag for about $35, went green instead.  When Mrs. Cooper saw it she said my ego was already big enough!  😁

Seems like a great tool for cleaning out your Egg, too.
    It's not.   :|

been there.....done that........but it did clean out the egg =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,386
    Options
    Adding a little more sqft
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,345
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Starting 20 pounds of Bacon all for Larry’s “Last Fvcking Mac and Cheese “

Do you hire interns?
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • fishlessman
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Adding a little more sqft

after watching patio builds here for years, im not sure you can build one too big. gone are the days of an 8x10 is plenty of space. my dad always got by with a 7 foot umbrella
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    wish i had the camera, watched wood duck/lings bail out of my wood duck house this weekend. about 12 feet over the water doing cannonballs. atleast ten of them, couldnt get a good count. it was so fast im surprised i even saw it happen
    fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,912
    Options
    SGH said:
    Got the TSJ in the tower over the moon pool. 

Inside the 500 meter zone now. Getting ready to hand the TSJ over to the platform. 

Awesome Scottie !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Quite an operation right there.  Brandon will be very pleased with your contribution to lowering inflation at the pump.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Somebody did a bad thing!

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Yep-lead car driver on the phone.  Not gonna move until the call is finished.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,625
    edited May 16
    Options

I don't do urban police work, but that looks like a really poor tactical formation (and it took me a while to actually see the suspect car (without lights).  
    Hopefully someone will clue me in.  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,413
    Options
    Botch said:

I don't do urban police work, but that looks like a really poor tactical formation (and it took me a while to actually see the suspect car (without lights).  
    Hopefully someone will clue me in.  
    From someone who does do urban police work, I would say that this is not a tactical formation. The cars look as though they belong to border patrol and it is my assumption that they are staging to go “some where”, perhaps a raid of some sort. The one without a light bar (assuming I’m not blind and looking in the middle of the “stack”) is a unmarked car. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,625
    Options
    Thank you Sir!  I hoped you'd respond but didn't want to ask you directly/put you on the spot.  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,230
    Options
    Reading about this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/15/feds-charge-brothers-in-25-million-cryptocurrency-heist-that-took-12-seconds.html

Unfortunately, their father is a colleague.  I’ve literally sat in his office at MIT.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,543
    Options
    Waking up on East Coast time later than normal lol. Re-hashing day 1 of Kentucky in my brain. Amazing golf course, amazing golfers. Hilly terrain not so broken ankle boot friendly. Great locals and great local food scene. Hit up a tasting room @ Evergreen Liquors. Great selection on unicorns with great pricing
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    PLET going thru the moon pool. Next stop, the bottom of the gulf. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Starting 20 pounds of Bacon all for Larry’s “Last Fvcking Mac and Cheese “

I would kill for some of that about now. This fish head soup is getting old out here 🤣

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,901
    Options

Final game week and it’s not a dead rubber.  We know who is down, we know who has qualified for the Champions League, but we don’t know who has won the title and who else makes it to the sundry other European competitions.  An unusually competitive final lap.

For fact fans; 

1. the last time all three promoted clubs went straight back down was 1997-98.  We will be joined next season by Leicester and Ipswich the third space still under contention. 
    2. Euro qualification extends to 7th place.  Four teams are fighting for 3 spots. For Spurs it’s about which cup whilst amongst the others Man Utd have the weakest chance as they need to achieve a better result than Newcastle.

All games on Sunday at 1600, and to think I remember when any game not being played at 1500 on Saturday was remarkable. But that was when we all had hopes and dreams.  Then the internet came. 

Arsenal v Everton, has to be a home win on the basis of form, quality and desire to keep the title race alive. The Gunners have fallen to second after Citeh’s game-in-hand win over Spurs midweek.  The two teams can’t finish on equal points, so it’s win and hope for a favour from West Ham. 3-0

Brentford v Newcastle, Toon have to win to assure Euro football next season. The Bees are on the beach and won’t offer much resistance. 0-2

Brighton v Man Utd, those filthy rotten Seagulls have secured 5 wins in their last 20 games, so not quite the football utopia many had predicted. There’s injuries and discord in the squad, so a nice break will do them all good.   Utd, vying with Spurs to be the most Spursy - could win this handsomely and secure Euro football, or really not. Meh 1-2.

Burnley v Notts Forest, still technically at risk but Forest need to lose this by 12 clear goals and Luton to win for relegation to occur. A nice run about in the park against a relegated Clarets means it will be either a stupor inducing 0-0 or 4-4 because neither team is really paying any attention and simply waiting to get on a beach. 0-0

Chelsea v Bournemouth, the resurgent Blues could land a surprise 5th place finish with a win and I reckon they will at a canter. 3-0

Palace v Villa, the Eagles are in the form of their lives and looking all sparkly and fresh.  A home game to finish the season against a Villa team with absolutely nothing to play for. Even I think this will be a home win. 2-0

Liverpool v Wolves, good-bye big Jurgy with your hat, glasses and refreshingly honest approach to interview questions. He leaves with this season’s EFL Cup under his arm and fond farewells.  The Scousers love a bit of emotion so expect tears ahoy.  2-0.

Luton v Fulham, whatever the Hatters do it just won’t be enough and they will reflect on the brief period when they looked credible and say ‘was it worth it?’ If they bounce back up by promotion in a year’s time then yes - but otherwise, no.  Futile 1-0

Man City v West Ham, the victory lap for Citeh? Should be a mere formality. 3-0 and well done to the richest club, with the best player and best coach.

Sheff Utd v Spurs, just for fun another chance for Spurs to bamboozle everyone. Four defeats in the last 6 and yet they are 5th - it makes no sense at all. Perhaps the Blades will go nuts and score a hatful - but six defeats from the last six suggests not.  0-2

So that’s us then. Please do your best to stay motivated and enthused during the long barren weeks until 14th June when Euro 24 kicks off. That lone month of football action is all to sustain you until mid-August when the fun starts all over again.  

NB, the cricket gets underway next week, so there is hope for us all. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,543
    Options
    Awaiting these Kentucky weather Gods to make up their minds on this 2nd round of the PGA Championship. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Awaiting these Kentucky weather Gods to make up their minds on this 2nd round of the PGA Championship. 
    There's a whole lot more than the weather at play right now.  Scheffler is in a trick sack.  Valhalla access is closed now due to a pedestrian death out there this AM, not related to Scheffler.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Final game week and it’s not a dead rubber.  We know who is down, we know who has qualified for the Champions League, but we don’t know who has won the title and who else makes it to the sundry other European competitions.  An unusually competitive final lap.

For fact fans; 

1. the last time all three promoted clubs went straight back down was 1997-98.  We will be joined next season by Leicester and Ipswich the third space still under contention. 
    2. Euro qualification extends to 7th place.  Four teams are fighting for 3 spots. For Spurs it’s about which cup whilst amongst the others Man Utd have the weakest chance as they need to achieve a better result than Newcastle.

All games on Sunday at 1600, and to think I remember when any game not being played at 1500 on Saturday was remarkable. But that was when we all had hopes and dreams.  Then the internet came. 

Arsenal v Everton, has to be a home win on the basis of form, quality and desire to keep the title race alive. The Gunners have fallen to second after Citeh’s game-in-hand win over Spurs midweek.  The two teams can’t finish on equal points, so it’s win and hope for a favour from West Ham. 3-0

Brentford v Newcastle, Toon have to win to assure Euro football next season. The Bees are on the beach and won’t offer much resistance. 0-2

Brighton v Man Utd, those filthy rotten Seagulls have secured 5 wins in their last 20 games, so not quite the football utopia many had predicted. There’s injuries and discord in the squad, so a nice break will do them all good.   Utd, vying with Spurs to be the most Spursy - could win this handsomely and secure Euro football, or really not. Meh 1-2.

Burnley v Notts Forest, still technically at risk but Forest need to lose this by 12 clear goals and Luton to win for relegation to occur. A nice run about in the park against a relegated Clarets means it will be either a stupor inducing 0-0 or 4-4 because neither team is really paying any attention and simply waiting to get on a beach. 0-0

Chelsea v Bournemouth, the resurgent Blues could land a surprise 5th place finish with a win and I reckon they will at a canter. 3-0

Palace v Villa, the Eagles are in the form of their lives and looking all sparkly and fresh.  A home game to finish the season against a Villa team with absolutely nothing to play for. Even I think this will be a home win. 2-0

Liverpool v Wolves, good-bye big Jurgy with your hat, glasses and refreshingly honest approach to interview questions. He leaves with this season’s EFL Cup under his arm and fond farewells.  The Scousers love a bit of emotion so expect tears ahoy.  2-0.

Luton v Fulham, whatever the Hatters do it just won’t be enough and they will reflect on the brief period when they looked credible and say ‘was it worth it?’ If they bounce back up by promotion in a year’s time then yes - but otherwise, no.  Futile 1-0

Man City v West Ham, the victory lap for Citeh? Should be a mere formality. 3-0 and well done to the richest club, with the best player and best coach.

Sheff Utd v Spurs, just for fun another chance for Spurs to bamboozle everyone. Four defeats in the last 6 and yet they are 5th - it makes no sense at all. Perhaps the Blades will go nuts and score a hatful - but six defeats from the last six suggests not.  0-2

So that’s us then. Please do your best to stay motivated and enthused during the long barren weeks until 14th June when Euro 24 kicks off. That lone month of football action is all to sustain you until mid-August when the fun starts all over again.  

NB, the cricket gets underway next week, so there is hope for us all. 

I'm pretty convinced that this is the week to empty my retirement account and bet it all - spread evenly over these 10 matches.  

With all joking aside, I have become fully convinced that your predictions and more accurate and more entertaining than anything I can find on the telly on this side of the pond.

I wish you were wrong about some of them (would love to see Arsenal pip Citeh and Man U sneak into Europe) but in my heart I know you're probably right.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Identified the cause of my ABS/Traction Control and oddly enough TPMS.  Apparently I have too much of an air gap in my cable.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @SamIAm2

Some great work, right there. An enviable skill set.