Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,393
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Headed to the zoo to chaperone my kindergarten daughter's field trip. Pray for me.
    I always tell kids that we are going to leave them in the monkey house.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,190
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Headed to the zoo to chaperone my kindergarten daughter's field trip. Pray for me.
    I always tell kids that we are going to leave them in the monkey house.
    I am going to have to remember this one, lol.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,537
    Options
    Just finishing round 1 of physical therapy on the broken ankle. Brutal!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,320
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Hope you can get it healed quickly!  I recommend a little bell to ring when you are in bed.  It is the easiest way to summon your help.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I had the fibula broken barely above the ankle. The day the cast came off I went to a massage therapist within a couple of hours. That helped with the flexibility. Of course I had been in a toes to crotch cast for 7 weeks. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I had the fibula broken barely above the ankle. The day the cast came off I went to a massage therapist within a couple of hours. That helped with the flexibility. Of course I had been in a toes to crotch cast for 7 weeks. 
    So my fibula is what broke. 1/4-1/2”’above the “ball” outside of your ankle. I’ve been in a walking boot since day 1. Transitioned to a brace last week when able. Been in the brace all day today. Missing my boot
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Hope you can get it healed quickly!  I recommend a little bell to ring when you are in bed.  It is the easiest way to summon your help.
    That ship sailed when I could walk in the boot with no crutches or scooter. She finally realized how much I actually do around the house though lol
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,563
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I did this as a joke and this didn't go well at all for me..I would be banned forever if I ever repeated the dialogue...George Carlin said it..there is one four lettered curse word in the english language that can cover the whole gambit. I got all but the good one...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,907
    Options
    Sitting in my dentist’s waiting room. One of my crowns is way past the use until date.Think it was put in sometime before 2007. Not looking forward to chewing on one side of my mouth or the soup regimen.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    On the phone with my bank and Ticketmaster simultaneously. I got got. $1450 worth of tickets and insurance I nor my wife purchased. Debit card turned off. Gotta get a temp. What a **** show
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    On the phone with my bank and Ticketmaster simultaneously. I got got. $1450 worth of tickets and insurance I nor my wife purchased. Debit card turned off. Gotta get a temp. What a **** show
    Been there. Though I have never been West of Vegas it seems that my debit card paid for $70 worth of Door Dash in LA.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,408
    Options
    I’m not sure guys, but I got this text message when I got out of the shower and now my wife won’t respond to me. I’m about 99.8% sure she is going to come home with that damn thing. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,397
    Options
    Yep you got a cat
    Jacksonville FL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    At least she’s cute. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,617
    Options
    Congrats @Battleborn on your new family member!  Don't worry, they rub off on you eventually.

Especially when you're wearing black/dark-blue pants.  :tongue:  

We'll go dancing in the dark,

Walking thru the park, 

And reminiscing....      - LRB

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,617
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Sitting in my dentist’s waiting room. One of my crowns is way past the use until date.Think it was put in sometime before 2007. Not looking forward to chewing on one side of my mouth or the soup regimen.

If it makes you feel any better (prolly won't), I had a crown come off last week too, although it was a "temp" that my dentist said would probably come off within a month; it lasted a year.  
    The good news is that its one of my far-back teeth, and I can keep chewing as normal (sorta). 
    The bad news is that its one of my far-back teeth, and to affix a "permanent" crown will require oral surgery to cut back my gum line to expose more of the tooth; yowch.  That appt isn't until Jun 6, then a bunch of weeks to heal, then a fitting for a new crown, and then finally glue it on...

And, as usual, my dental insurance collects $200/year from me, pays off $100/year for my cleaning, and recoils in Horror with any caps/surgery/emergency: "OMGWTFBBQ, that's an emergency and we can't cover that!!!"  

We'll go dancing in the dark,

Walking thru the park, 

And reminiscing....      - LRB

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,741
    Options
    Regarding dentistry-never have had a use until date with a crown.  That said,  I had a crown develop a hole in the side wall of the crown (around 40 years in service) and needed replacement.  Couple that (dentist had some state of the art computer rig that produced the permanent crown, on site aka sit in the same seat)  with a filling at the same time and away we go.  Three and a half hours later all good.  Two days later my left side jaw muscle rebells and clamps shut.  
    Physical therapy a joke-ended up jamming popsicle sticks between the teeth for a few weeks to get it to loosen up to where it is now some 14 years later.  
    Don't go for the full monty in one shot.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,772
    Options

I found a whole bunch of them in a old outbuilding, I had named their harbinger Wally but apparently I missed the mark on that one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

I found a whole bunch of them in an old outbuilding, I had named their harbinger Wally but apparently I missed the mark on that one.
    Looks like you got some good barn cats. 

UPDATE: We have official confirmation. 

Although I wasn’t consulted on this decision, the family is happy. I guess that is all that matters. 
    Congrats to the both of you!  They are so cute!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Submitting a Form 1 to the BATFE for conversion from pistol to short barrel rifle. E forms are so nice 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,921
    Options
    Lake seems to be a bit warm this year                        might toss  a picahnna roast in tomorrow 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lake seems to be a bit warm this year                        might toss  a picahnna roast in tomorrow 
    at 122 deg F, you can just drag the pichana behind your boat while you troll, then eat it when your done.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Congrats, @lkapigian. Great result. And seeing your cooks, I can only imagine the competition was mighty fierce.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,921
    Options
    at 122 deg F, you can just drag the pichana behind your boat while you troll, then eat it when your done.
    I did it today with the sous vide but seemed like I could of done it in the lake. Fish finder seems to be not working, temp is way down, 45 degrees last night so noway it was over 70 degree water temp which would be high this time of year. No fish on the screen and  we caught a ton of salmon over the last eight days.depth and gps seem to be working fine, one of the transducers might be not working properly. Never seen the lake over 80 surface temps
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,884
    Options
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,449
    edited May 26
    Options

Big slide broke today!  Some internal seam/stitching came apart with a loud boom. No longer safe. Basically the stairwell wall is laid open. I think this is about 25 ft tall and now the wall going up the stairwell is only about 2 ft tall.  No bueno. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI