Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,641
    Options
    Congratulations @shtgunal3.A proud day for sure👏👏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    Options

Congratulations @lkapigian. Fantastic and well deserved 👍👏
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,230
    Options
    At the airport.  Headed up to Philly for a couple of days.   Three of us (from three different universities) are meeting there to do some research together.  It will be mostly work but we did book dinner at this place for Monday night:

https://www.amadarestaurant.com/

Shall report back on the meal.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,776
    Options
    At the airport.  Headed up to Philly for a couple of days.   Three of us (from three different universities) are meeting there to do some research together.  It will be mostly work but we did book dinner at this place for Monday night:

Safe travels.  Menu looks great-tapas for the win.
    Where will you be researching?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @WeberWho - I am tired after reading your post above.  Way to make it happen.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Safe travels.  Menu looks great-tapas for the win.
    Where will you be researching?
    We’re going to try to find a spot at Penn to work, although their graduation ceremonies might make that a challenge.  We’re writing a big proposal to NSF on fracture theory and mathematics.
  • Ragingirishman2
    Ragingirishman2 Posts: 385
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Just left my son’s graduation.
    Congratulations!
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,912
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Just left my son’s graduation.
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations @shtgunal3
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    John that should take care of the mozzies and the flies as well as the humidity 😂
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Connecting through the Detroit airport (odd way to get to Philly, I know).  

I actually like this airport.  It’s very clean and easy to navigate, rarely seems crowded.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    What you high fliers do for the miles.  You could likely drive it in the same amount of time.   B)
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,543
    Options
    Thankful the 5 bottles I bootlegged from Kentucky made it home safe thru the airports and in my luggage 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Lots of bubble wrap and a hard side suitcase.  
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 723
    Options
    All of the dirty shirts wrapped and tucked if it's a week trip. Even made it international 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,695
    Options
    No pesky condensation dripping from the lid

canuckland
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,543
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Lots of bubble wrap and a hard side suitcase.  
    Frank. Used Amazon wine bottle air sleeves. $15 for 15 sleeves and a hand pump. Well worth it 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,625
    Options
    Early in my career I was returning from a TDY, and had one last can of beer in the hotel fridge, so I tossed it into my suitcase, a soft-sided one with a vinyl-like plastic on the outside and glued-on fabric on the inside.  
    At luggage claim I noticed a two-inch cut into the side of my suitcase; sigh.  Got home and, sure enough, whatever pierced my suitcase also bullseyed that single can of beer, and my clothes/suitcase inside were soaked/smelled like a frat-house on a Sunday morning.  Washed the laundry but never really got the smell out of my suitcase, although that set was on its last legs anyway.  
    I'm on my fourth set of luggage, but because I don't fly anymore I don't anticipate having to buy any more.  The first 24 years or so of my career I was flying somewhere between one and four times a month; don't really miss that so much anymore (the flying part), with the TSA, extra cost for exit row seats, and uncivilized people on-board issues.  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,695
    Options
    @Battleborn that brush looks pretty worn out, be careful!
    canuckland
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,156
    Options
    Drive wheels (rears) were bald.  Area big box store wanted $28/each, Amazon had set of all four at $50.  Genuine Honda made in USA.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,156
    Options
    You know you’ve have mowed a lot when you wear out the tires on a pushmower. 

First time I've wore out a set.  Internet chit chat indicates Honda has reputation for poor tread life.  To be fair though, it is over 10 years old.  Also was good to clean and lube the drive gearing.  Definitely needed it.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,625
    Options
    I had to replace the pneumatic tires on my snowblower two winters ago, although not exactly wear; they wouldn't hold air probably due to dryrot (they were thirty years old).  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,089
    Options

My Dad and I just had this conversation a few weeks ago. He's going on 32 years on his Toro push mower and going on his 3rd set of wheels. The only issue is that he can't find any replacements being a 32 year old mower. So my Dad plans on having my brother in law 3D print new treads for his mower sometime this summer. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This was an excellent meal:

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,345
    Options
    Currently swollen like a tick.  Drank some ferment I have had for about a year.  Usually that will help my inflammation.  This is a new batch so will see how it does.  It was made with Fresno peppers.  The juice tasted great, sweet and savory, just missing the heat.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville