Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @JohnnyTarheel

Shot no. 2 is money! And 1 ain’t too shabby either. 

Congrats.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,198
    Options

Smoked 8 briskets for a wedding meal today...

Travis method?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,397
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Submitting a Form 1 to the BATFE for conversion from pistol to short barrel rifle. E forms are so nice 
    Approval times are quick these days, what pistol configuration?
    Jacksonville FL
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,640
    Options
    Hell yeah @JohnnyTarheel !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,538
    Options
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Submitting a Form 1 to the BATFE for conversion from pistol to short barrel rifle. E forms are so nice 
    Sig MPX in 9mm. Came with an 8” barrel and a brace. Swapped the barrel down to 3.5” with a tri lug mount to integrate my Dead Air can under the handguard. Removing the brace to fit a collapsible Sig stock. Sig Romeo red dot on top. Yay, another $200 tax stamp
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,749
    Options
    @JohnnyTarheel - Sweet rig and you definitely had it dialed in with that outcome.  Beautiful, just beautiful.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,303
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Sig MPX in 9mm. Came with an 8” barrel and a brace. Swapped the barrel down to 3.5” with a tri lug mount to integrate my Dead Air can under the handguard. Removing the brace to fit a collapsible Sig stock. Sig Romeo red dot on top. Yay, another $200 tax stamp
    Might be time to move if you need that kind of firepower. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Might be time to move if you need that kind of firepower. 
    It’s a 9mm. Nothing to do with location or amount of firepower. You have your hobbies, I’ve got mine. 
  • Dobie
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    How long have you had the MPX and have you had any issues? 
    I see some people have issues and others say it great. Some report accuracy gets bad adding a can, even some baffle strikes. It’s all over the place on the MPX forums.
    I picked up a CZ Scorpion Micro recently, added SB Tactical brace, Holosun AEMS, and a Magpul sling. I’m not crazy about the brace but living with it for now. This was my entry into PDW type sub guns and now looking at higher end ones. Would like to find a quality factory 9mm SBR to avoid engraving etc and that got me looking at other platforms. Thinking about a B&T but they don’t offer factory SBR.
    my brother grabbed a Scorpion the same time I did and has a Rugged Obsidian 9 Waiting for approval, going to check out his before jumping on one myself. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    How long have you had the MPX and have you had any issues? 
    I see some people have issues and others say it great. Some report accuracy gets bad adding a can, even some baffle strikes. It’s all over the place on the MPX forums.
    I picked up a CZ Scorpion Micro recently, added SB Tactical brace, Holosun AEMS, and a Magpul sling. I’m not crazy about the brace but living with it for now. This was my entry into PDW type sub guns and now looking at higher end ones. Would like to find a quality factory 9mm SBR to avoid engraving etc and that got me looking at other platforms. Thinking about a B&T but they don’t offer factory SBR.
    my brother grabbed a Scorpion the same time I did and has a Rugged Obsidian 9 Waiting for approval, going to check out his before jumping on one myself. 
    Mine is a Gen 2 had it for 3-4 years. Got a factory 3.5” barrel from Sig on a demo/promo day at my buddy’s gun shop years back. I’m tired of the brace even though I can shoulder it with the brace. Ordered a factory MPX folding stock last year when all of the “eliminate the brace” commotion was going on. The rep ordered it for me. Zero accuracy issues at 50 yards. No baffle strikes or anything of that nature. 
  • Dobie
    Options
    @ColbyLang that’s kind of where I’m at, thinking a stock and a stamp but not sure in the Scorpion is the one for it. 
    These things are ammo munchers but fun.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,408
    Options
    I have an Sig M400 that I bought for my duty rifle. I love it. I too have been looking at SBR’s. I don’t think I want to go with a handgun round though. The Sig MCX looks fun. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    Options
    I have an Sig M400 that I bought for my duty rifle. I love it. I too have been looking at SBR’s. I don’t think I want to go with a handgun round though. The Sig MCX looks fun. 
    Brother in Law has the M5 and the MCX. Both great. I’ve got a Daniels Mark 18 that’s also an SBR. Love that gun
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,327
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Brother in Law has the M5 and the MCX. Both great. I’ve got a Daniels Mark 18 that’s also an SBR. Love that gun
    I was in an NRA fishing tournament.  Unfortunately the boat capsized and all my guns were lost.  I only have knives less than 3.5" in length now.  Sad days.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,394
    Options
    Tragic theft here. I only have two non functional heirlooms left. All of my edged devices are lawn care tools.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I was in an NRA fishing tournament.  Unfortunately the boat capsized and all my guns were lost.  I only have knives less than 3.5" in length now.  Sad days.
    The lovely BATFE has my prints/pics/signature on 6 items that are NFA. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,684
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Yes I have too much time  :) ... Haven't used my grid stacker in a long time, IIRC I position the base post where the red rectangle is. Call me OCD but I figure if the bolts work loose and the base shift, there's less chance of upper grid sagging/tilting if heavily loaded?

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Be sure to report back when the third arm starts growing. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 26
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Yes I have too much time  :) ... Haven't used my grid stacker in a long time, IIRC I position the base post where the red rectangle is. Call me OCD but I figure if the bolts work loose and the base shift, there's less chance of upper grid sagging/tilting if heavily loaded?

Hmmm, interesting thought.  I deliberately positioned it so the support bars underneath the grid because I felt they would provide more support and sag less.  Looking at it now,  you might be right? 👨🏼‍🔧

I have had it this way for probably 10 years though.  Might be time to check the bolts.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Are you committed to no gasket, or just uber lazy? Pretty sure we know a guy who will ship ‘em out ahead of payment. 
  • Canugghead
    edited May 27
    Options
    nothing to see here.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Are you committed to no gasket, or just uber lazy? Pretty sure we know a guy who will ship ‘em out ahead of payment. 
    I am uber lazy.  I have a nomex gasket in the garage.  Just don’t feel like messing with it.  It seems to be holding rock steady at 230.  I also calibrated 4 of my thermometers.  Two were no good, two were salvageable, so I am confident my temps.

I stay out of the gasket wars and just keep using the nomex ones with preapplied adhesive.  I get 5 years or so.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,478
    edited May 27
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Thanks for the explanation. Put the Rutlands on years back (easy!) and it’s all been 100% maintenance-free since then. You won’t have to worry about chipping the ceramics when closing the dome. 🤣
  • Dobie
    Options
    Being LEO do you have some cool places to shoot? 

The attraction to 9mm subs is that here you can shoot on pistol ranges with plates and less restrictions on movement.
    Rifle calibers are stuck on the bench. That and ammo cost of course. 
    Can people legally just go out in the dessert and shoot? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Canugghead
    edited May 27
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Like I said, it has been a while, have to dig it out to wake up my memory cells. Here you go... the base is almost perpendecular to the grid lines for maximum rigidity... (lower grid right side up)

The corners of the bottom piece are butted against the spines diagonally... (lower grid upside down)

Same deal for the upper grid.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,408
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Being LEO do you have some cool places to shoot? 

The attraction to 9mm subs is that here you can shoot on pistol ranges with plates and less restrictions on movement.
    Rifle calibers are stuck on the bench. That and ammo cost of course. 
    Can people legally just go out in the dessert and shoot? 
    Our department range is fantastic. It is an outdoor complex and we have like 13 ranges or “bays”. One of those is a “long” range. Four of them have timed, turning targets. I am fortunate enough to be able to use our Mount Charleston resident officer range on occasion. It’s up in the mountains. The only downside to that range is that is also where the Department of Wildlife dumps that burros and other animals that hit by cars. 

Most of the dessert is accessible to go a shoot in, there are some restrictions close to the city. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Holding steady with no gasket.

I may rotate the point towards the back of I start feeling froggy. We shall see.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,303
    Options
    Gaskets are overrated