Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    lousubcap said:
    Better be a good splice!
    In progress now. Hydraulic crimp splices. Rubber tape, heat shrink for added security. The local electrical company is a joke. Can’t do this, gotta do that. Blah blah blah
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766

Dueling bucket trucks. Got it done. We are temporarily back on line. Complete re-wire scheduled yay 👎🏻
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    ColbyLang said:

Dueling bucket trucks. Got it done. We are temporarily back on line. Complete re-wire scheduled yay 👎🏻
    Oh no!  That sucks.  Between the electricity and the flour blowers/transport system it never seems dull at the bakery.

Did your Japanese Custom line make it through unscathed?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Happy Monday everyone.  Wait, what?  

Yes lads in football world this Friday is in fact happening on Monday - but to avoid confusion I have elected to stick with Friday as Friday and will rely on you to re-read this on Monday, while pretending it is Friday.  

Now that’s cleared up, on to more pressing matters than the human fabrication called time, assuming you believe it exists.   The PL is gifting players yet another break this weekend, albeit the 4th round of the FA Cup is happening and so they are playing.   For fear of the players getting rusty with all this time off there’s a full round of fixtures from Tuesday night.  In this context Tuesday is Saturday.  But only if you still insist on believing in time. 

Tuesday 

Notts Forest v Arsenal - no reason why the Gunners can’t sustain their return to winning ways up on the banks of the River Trent. I don’t think it’ll be simple but they’ll have enough 1-2

Fulham v Everton - hard to call as both teams are in poor form. The hosts are propped up by two bizarre multi-goal victories before Christmas and the visitors have slumped since receiving more charges for financial irregularities.  0-0

Luton v Brighton - the Hatters are the best of the worst three and therefore an existential threat to Palace, their guests are the filthy fetid wretched Seagulls so am I conflicted?  No - home win and damn the consequences, because any Brighton defeat is a good defeat. That said., 0-2 is about right.

Palace v Sheffield Utd - oh dear. A home defeat is unlikely but it would mean the instant ejection of Roy from the managers chair, which might be best in the long run. However the Eagles’ offensive strategy this season seems to be ‘beat those notionally weaker than us and hope other teams get points deductions’. Scoring goals seems to have been passed over as incongruent with mission aims. 1-0

Villa v Newcastle - 4th play 10th but in inverse orientation, no-one saw these teams in these places at this point of the season.  Four straight defeats in the league for Toon is not the gilded promised land that a Sovereign wealth fund backer wants.  A serious uptick is needed for the Toon to have any hope of European qualification this season.  Won’t happen here though, 1-0 and don’t be surprised if the managers swap dugouts next season. 

Wednesday

Man City v Burnley - the Vincent Kompany derby and despite the warm reception he’ll receive, his team will get spanked. 4-0

Spurs v Brentford - the Bees have their talismanic striker back from suspension and sure enough he brought the win last time out.  Spurs are apex Spursy this season, with one of each results in their last three. Could go any direction but home win feels right 2-1

Liverpool v Chelsea - The Blues have found a rhythm now but confront the Reds in epic form and five points clear at the top.  Don’t see big Jurgy permitting a reversal but it will be fun 3-1.

Thursday 

West Ham v Bournemouth - regression to the mean for the Cherries with two defeats on the bounce after a season defining surge through late 2023. The Hammers are obdurate in 6th and don’t look like shifting. Close home win 1-0.

Wolves v Man Utd - by quirk of the way numbers work, a home win could see these two swap 8th and 11th place.  Yes, Utd in the bottom half is possible and it would be hilarious. But I am sensing this is a draw 1-1.

That’s it until I am back with you next Friday in it’s customary location nestled between Thursday and Saturday.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357

@Ozzie_Isaac - Cool video.  It makes me curious how the laser would fare as a charcoal starter.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    dbCooper said:

@Ozzie_Isaac - Cool video.  It makes me curious how the laser would fare as a charcoal starter.
    If you had the scan lines set slightly wider than 0 it may work.  Otherwise you’ll just be punching holes in your egg!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    CPFC1905 said:

Happy Monday everyone.  Wait, what?  

Yes lads in football world this Friday is in fact happening on Monday - but to avoid confusion I have elected to stick with Friday as Friday and will rely on you to re-read this on Monday, while pretending it is Friday.  

Now that’s cleared up, on to more pressing matters than the human fabrication called time, assuming you believe it exists.   The PL is gifting players yet another break this weekend, albeit the 4th round of the FA Cup is happening and so they are playing.   For fear of the players getting rusty with all this time off there’s a full round of fixtures from Tuesday night.  In this context Tuesday is Saturday.  But only if you still insist on believing in time. 

Tuesday 

Notts Forest v Arsenal - no reason why the Gunners can’t sustain their return to winning ways up on the banks of the River Trent. I don’t think it’ll be simple but they’ll have enough 1-2

Fulham v Everton - hard to call as both teams are in poor form. The hosts are propped up by two bizarre multi-goal victories before Christmas and the visitors have slumped since receiving more charges for financial irregularities.  0-0

Luton v Brighton - the Hatters are the best of the worst three and therefore an existential threat to Palace, their guests are the filthy fetid wretched Seagulls so am I conflicted?  No - home win and damn the consequences, because any Brighton defeat is a good defeat. That said., 0-2 is about right.

Palace v Sheffield Utd - oh dear. A home defeat is unlikely but it would mean the instant ejection of Roy from the managers chair, which might be best in the long run. However the Eagles’ offensive strategy this season seems to be ‘beat those notionally weaker than us and hope other teams get points deductions’. Scoring goals seems to have been passed over as incongruent with mission aims. 1-0

Villa v Newcastle - 4th play 10th but in inverse orientation, no-one saw these teams in these places at this point of the season.  Four straight defeats in the league for Toon is not the gilded promised land that a Sovereign wealth fund backer wants.  A serious uptick is needed for the Toon to have any hope of European qualification this season.  Won’t happen here though, 1-0 and don’t be surprised if the managers swap dugouts next season. 

Wednesday

Man City v Burnley - the Vincent Kompany derby and despite the warm reception he’ll receive, his team will get spanked. 4-0

Spurs v Brentford - the Bees have their talismanic striker back from suspension and sure enough he brought the win last time out.  Spurs are apex Spursy this season, with one of each results in their last three. Could go any direction but home win feels right 2-1

Liverpool v Chelsea - The Blues have found a rhythm now but confront the Reds in epic form and five points clear at the top.  Don’t see big Jurgy permitting a reversal but it will be fun 3-1.

Thursday 

West Ham v Bournemouth - regression to the mean for the Cherries with two defeats on the bounce after a season defining surge through late 2023. The Hammers are obdurate in 6th and don’t look like shifting. Close home win 1-0.

Wolves v Man Utd - by quirk of the way numbers work, a home win could see these two swap 8th and 11th place.  Yes, Utd in the bottom half is possible and it would be hilarious. But I am sensing this is a draw 1-1.

That’s it until I am back with you next Friday in it’s customary location nestled between Thursday and Saturday.

Enjoying this as always and wondering if @CPFC1905 is pulling for De Zerbi to replace Klopp.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    Thought I had posted about this purchase a couple months ago, but can't find it.  I saw this at Amazoid and purchased it, the full original TV series:

...but when I received it I remembered that my Yamaha receiver is no longer sending HDMI video out to my new TV (sound comes thru okay) so I had no way to watch it.
    Tonight I remembered that, often when you buy a disk on Amazon Prime, you can also stream the material.  I had canceled prime about a week ago, but instead of refunding my CC they said I have access until June or so.  I started poking around, and found a way to stream this onto my TV, so I'm partly into the second episode; odd the original TV commercials are disabled but prime puts its own in, another reason I'm cancelling.
    But, some interesting things in that first episode.  I'd read somewhere that Jonny Quest was the first Saturday morning cartoon to feature semi-automatic guns and deaths of human cartoon characters (Looney Tunes need not apply) ('murica!).  The storyline wasn't much better than a Scooby-Doo episode, and the line art/cartooning was actually quite bad.  The musical soundtrack is suitably dramatic, but you could tell it was a small ensemble in a single room, no musical processing, no synths, not mixed well, and bloody Glorious!    
    But the foreshadowing of this episode caught me off-guard.  It was the "Frogmen" episode, a submarine below the ocean seaweed marshes in the Sargasso Sea (which Race said C. Columbus struggled to get thru, my history homework assignment for tomorrow) and the Evil Guy had developed a laser weapon, and was going to destroy Apollo 11 immediately after launch (not sure if the "Apollo" program was even named at this point).  Evil Guy had already tested his laser on a couple passing boats, destroying them mid-distress call.  When the CIA or whomever brought the case to Dr. Quest, the Doctor picked up the mic of his "Unitized Neutronic Information Center", and asked, "Eunice, what red beam would blow up a ship in the ocean?" and She came back, "L A S E R", on a dot-matrix screen!!!  Foreshadowing!!  Siri/Alexa's grandmother's name was Eunice!!!  I'll be chuckling about that for days!  

I just love it when certain science fiction predictions come true.  Star Trek had a lot of them:
    - pocket-sized "communicators"  (cellphones)
    - hand-held information screens in the sick bay (iPads)
    - computers that communicate verbally (Siri/Alexa; mebbe Jonny Quest predated Star Trek)
    - real-time language translators
    - miniature scanners in the sick bay (blood-pressure sensors, handheld dental x-rays, blood-oxygen sensors in your watch until Apple gets their pee-pee slapped)
    - no phasers yet, but I guess we have AR-15s until then, and
    - no Transporters yet, but I guess we have Uber and Grubhub until then.  

Fun stuff.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• CPFC1905
    Foghorn said:

Enjoying this as always and wondering if @CPFC1905 is pulling for De Zerbi to replace Klopp.
    Current frontrunner is Xabi Alonso,   De Zerbi second.   Either way it's big shoes to fill. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

Current frontrunner is Xabi Alonso,   De Zerbi second.   Either way it's big shoes to fill. 
    Understood.  I was just wondering if you were hoping the filthy fetid seagulls would lose their leader because of this.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Understood.  I was just wondering if you were hoping the filthy fetid seagulls would lose their leader because of this.
    It would be interesting to see what would happen at the F-F-W-S's if he did go, as they are an attractive offer for a decent manager now.  The owners make few mistakes when identifying talent, too.  I doubt they would go for an old-hand seasoned top level guy.
    Back to the Reds, Alonso has the whiff of sentimental about him - as a former player.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    CPFC1905 said:
    Never mind Gaza, Yemen and New Hampshire - this is the only bit of news from America we are taking about 

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/jan/24/perfect-cup-of-tea-needs-a-pinch-of-salt-and-squeeze-of-lemon-says-us-chemist

This is a few days old but I didn't see it until today...

LOL

Some funny comments in the Twitter thread - https://x.com/USAinUK/status/1750136728034169147?s=20

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,151
    Watching my nephew play ultimate

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • @JohnInCarolina

Pretty great game, and looks like a beautiful day for it. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    @JohnInCarolina Our S-I-L was into ultimate, that's all I know about ultimate. The liner of his wedding suit jacket had his team logo/uniform or something like that. 
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan said:
    Just got back from a hike with the pupper. 

Cute pup, and great vehicle for such an outing. 

I think your Outback may be newer than mine, but I just learned that we’re on now our fourth battery on our low mileage 2018 3.6R. Seems to be a pretty common involving parasitic battery drainage, and it’s the subject of a few class actions. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    @GrateEggspectations thanks. It’s a 2022. The 6th gen has a known issue with the windshield cracking for no reason. Mine cracked Monday night while parked in the garage. Love my Subie. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Canugghead
    @GrateEggspectations
    Not a pet person here but I heard the discontinued Honda Element is dog owners' favourite, apparently you can hose down the entire floor? My S-I-L posted his for sale some years ago, the buyer flew in from the East Coast with his buddy to pick it up from TO!
    canuckland
  • @Canugghead

As functional as it probably is, I find the Element a little bit cubey. Obviously, they are in demand though!
  • Canugghead
    edited January 27
    @GrateEggspectations Yes, interesting config too,
    1) both doors on each side open with no pillar, guess that makes it even more pet friendly
    2) rear bench seats fold down from the side, like riot police's prisoner vans!

canuckland
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    Watching the PGA golf. Is it just me but it’s lost all the sparkle and everyone is just going through the motions including the commentators. 🥱 Maybe it’s early days!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Watching the PGA golf. Is it just me but it’s lost all the sparkle and everyone is just going through the motions including the commentators. 🥱 Maybe it’s early days!
    I have never seen the sport in action, but I understand the epicentre of North American sports enthusiasm is on the pickleball court. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    @GrateEggspectations
    Not a pet person here but I heard the discontinued Honda Element is dog owners' favourite, apparently you can hose down the entire floor? My S-I-L posted his for sale some years ago, the buyer flew in from the East Coast with his buddy to pick it up from TO!
    We had an element, it was awesome for the dogs. Great all around vehicle idk why they quit making them.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    Watching the PGA golf. Is it just me but it’s lost all the sparkle and everyone is just going through the motions including the commentators. 🥱 Maybe it’s early days!
    I have never seen the sport in action, but I understand the epicentre of North American sports enthusiasm is on the pickleball court. 
    Owch!  (not a fan/follower of either, but that's gunna sting a few folks...)   :D

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.