Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    @billt01 I have managed to keep @swmbo away from horses, we know people with horses and she can go ride those if she has a hankering, and she hasn't.  But I came here to point out the obvious, before you go down the livestock rabbit hole, consider the strings attached.  The biggest for us is travel, luckily we have a farm sitter/friend who feeds everyone while we are gone, but it is a pain in the ass, if you want to shoot down somewhere for the weekend, well it's not that easy.
    Nailed it. Between horses and dogs travel is very hard.  Aside from the obvious expenses associated with horses, even when they are on your own property, the difficulty in spur of the moment travel, or hell just staying out late should not be minimized.  I love the horses, but if it weren’t for my daughter I would probably not have them anymore.

a woman wants what she wants..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    WeberWho said:
    I made some new yard art for the neighbors to look at when I was running out boxes of charcoal to the shed. 

Harry Potter?!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    billt01 said:
    @billt01 I have managed to keep @swmbo away from horses, we know people with horses and she can go ride those if she has a hankering, and she hasn't.  But I came here to point out the obvious, before you go down the livestock rabbit hole, consider the strings attached.  The biggest for us is travel, luckily we have a farm sitter/friend who feeds everyone while we are gone, but it is a pain in the ass, if you want to shoot down somewhere for the weekend, well it's not that easy.
    Nailed it. Between horses and dogs travel is very hard.  Aside from the obvious expenses associated with horses, even when they are on your own property, the difficulty in spur of the moment travel, or hell just staying out late should not be minimized.  I love the horses, but if it weren’t for my daughter I would probably not have them anymore.

We tried.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Back at the SSA. Maybe my 8th visit trying to accomplish this simple task. I lost count. I have to wait until my anger subsides before I try again. I think this time will be the one!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,759
    kl8ton said:
    Back at the SSA. Maybe my 8th visit trying to accomplish this simple task. I lost count. I have to wait until my anger subsides before I try again. I think this time will be the one!
    Serenity Now! 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    @lkapigian happy birthday to Linda
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lkapigian said:
    It’s Linda’s bday so we are heading to Yosemite

Nice! Is Tioga snowed in?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Happy Birthday!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    billt01 said:

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    Nice, enjoy @dbCooper, we still have a long road ahead.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    lkapigian said:

Nice! Is Tioga snowed in?
    It will be in a few hours 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    Happy b’day to the missus

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    Happy Birtyhday Linda.  Congratulations on the successful completion of another lap of the sun.  Milk it for all you can get! B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    kl8ton said:
    Serenity Now! 
    I told the agent that the "expectation bar" was very low, but that she was awesome and I hope to not see her again until I qualify for SS benefits.  I don't plan on needing them, but I've been paying into them since I was 14 - so I will take them if still available.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 326
    lkapigian said:

Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 326
    edited February 2
    *I've always heard to take them out and treat them like a lady, then take them home and treat them like a slut.  Sounds like a plan to me. I wouldn't know tho cause I never could go anywhere.  Might should have saved that for Frank's frisky Friday thread.  Promise I'm not a Stumpbaby relative, just trying to toss some ideas to help you enjoy your trip.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Oh great, Friday is Friday again - but as we agreed last week time is not real anyway.   In more exciting news, the transfer window slammed shut last night and the stand out feature was the spectre of points deduction for financial mismanagement.  All of a sudden ‘prudence’ became more exotic than a Brazilian 19 year old.  (Note to self, double check that last phrase before posting, make sure ‘on a’ does not appear before 19).

Saturday 

Everton v Spurs, Toffees need to be obdurate for the whole game to get a draw and will rely on Spurs getting bamboozled by themselves to open the opportunity to scoring. It could happen, 0-0 is decent result for the hosts but Spurs just have that muddle factor and so 0-1 gets my dollar.

Brighton v Palace,  with impeccably poor timing El Gatwicko re-appears. It’s hot off a Palace win and filthy fetid Seagulls defeat - and their new found hobby of failing to score any goes in 2024.  Can only mean one thing right?   But no, 1-1 - because thems is the rules.

Burnley v Fulham, this is somewhere between winnable and mud-win for the Clarets.  Their guests continue to be throughly haphazard and therefore any of the three results is a viable outcome. 1-1

Newcastle v Luton, strong win for Toon away at Villa  mid-week and despite the Hatters larruping the wretched Seagulls  4-0 the same night, the hosts will only need half their team to perform to see this home. 2-0

Sheff Utd v Villa, sixteen games and about 25 points needed for Blades survival - and all those games are against teams better than the Blades.  The doomsday clock is ticking loud.  Villa were caught cold by Toon but will return to regular service in this one. 0-2

Sunday 

Bournemouth v Forest,  two defeats following good spells for both these two has re-introduced nervousness.  The Cherries have probably done enough and so just need to win the winnables.  Forest have the spectre of a points deduction hanging over them because of their spending habits. Although their case is less open and shut than Everton’s it’s still a muddle factor.  Either way - both would love all three points but neither will approach this with the intention of scoring more than they concede. Nervy 1-1.

Chelsea v Wolves, Blues got tanked by the Reds mid-week and now face the Old Gold who have not lost in 4.  The table says this will be very tight, but somehow Chelsea’s talent will find a way 2-0

Man Utd v West Ham, decent match on offer.  The Red Devils remain a soap opera and with new ownership in the background everyone (in the media) is obsessing over every detail and nuance.  Couldn’t be less interested myself. 1-2 is the most fun outcome I can think of,  with the two Hammers goal coming deep, deep in to injury time.

Arsenal v Liverpool, 3rd host 1st and either could take it - albeit Man City are huge sharks in the water.  Big Jury stunned us all with news of his departure at then end of the season.  He’s the Reds’ greatest asset and so barren times loom.  He’s a whole bunch of fun too.  Hoping for a thriller,  3-3. 

Monday

Brentford v Man City, the augmented reality footballer that is Haaland is back and City are hitting peak form too.  The Bees will get shellacked, simple as.  0-3.

Tally ho!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Hard white stuff is falling out of the sky!

• Battleborn
    Hard white stuff is falling out of the sky!

Yikes. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Stay at home daddy/daughter date. She wanted to order Canes and watch Oppenheimer, so that’s what we are doing. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,056
    Stay at home daddy/daughter date. She wanted to order Canes and watch Oppenheimer, so that’s what we are doing. 
    You have a cool daughter!  
    Canes opened up in the last year within walking distance of my place.  I like their chicken and most sides, but WTF have they done to their "Texas Toast"?  It's like a slab of high-density polystyrene; how the hell do you screw up Texas Toast?!?  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    Botch said:
    Canes opened up in the last year within walking distance of my place.  I like their chicken and most sides, but WTF have they done to their "Texas Toast"?  It's like a slab of high-density polystyrene; how the hell do you screw up Texas Toast?!?  
    Canes is about 400 yards from my house but I almost never go. The chicken and sauce are excellent. But the French fries are usually limp and greasy and the Coleslaw comes in a tiny condiment container. Add to that a traffic situation where going in is easy but getting out generally is very difficult. I ignore commenting on the bread as I ignore eating it.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Canes is about 400 yards from my house but I almost never go. The chicken and sauce are excellent. But the French fries are usually limp and greasy and the Coleslaw comes in a tiny condiment container. Add to that a traffic situation where going in is easy but getting out generally is very difficult. I ignore commenting on the bread as I ignore eating it.
    You can exchange the bread for more fries or another coleslaw if you want.  All their sides are straight exchanges.

• Battleborn
    Botch said:
    She is pretty cool once you get past the pre-teen hormonal episodes. I’m just happy she still has time for dad. 

The movie was pretty good, I enjoyed it. My daughter started asking me a bunch of questions like how atomic bombs work. I had to tell her I’m not that smart, but, let me ask this guy on a BBQ forum, @JohnInCarolina, he knows everything. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,150
    Botch said:
    She is pretty cool once you get past the pre-teen hormonal episodes. I’m just happy she still has time for dad. 

The movie was pretty good, I enjoyed it. My daughter started asking me a bunch of questions like how atomic bombs work. I had to tell her I’m not that smart, but, let me ask this guy on a BBQ forum, @JohnInCarolina, he knows everything. 
    Not sure I’d go so far as to say I know *everything* but I think I might be the person on the forum who has spent the most time at Los Alamos.

One thing I will share about the movie.  Just before it came out in the theaters, LANL employees were told that if they were asked any questions about it, they should only say “no comment”.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Going through the list of performers for Bourbon and Beyond this year, a very strong list of great bands, perhaps the best year since they started. 

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky