Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Enjoying the first cold of the season. 
    Oh no.  Terrible timing.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    Gonna be an great time and your students are will really appreciate the opportunity to experience this American tradition.
    Happy Thanksgiving. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Gearing up for round 2. Leftovers saved. Bourbon in hand. Need some stretchy pants
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Two things.
    1.  Dolly Parton is HOW old?!?   :o   
    2.  I don't see

Okay, one thing.  I saw her headset mic finally; very unobtrusive.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• @tarheelmatt

Beauty. I can taste it from here. Crunchy, salty exterior with a melt-in-your-mouth interior. 

• Money shot...
    Whoa
  • lousubcap
    That is a great $$$ shot right there.  Eating extremely well.  Exceptional bark to further enhance the eats. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Things just got a little wild removing the backbone just now. 
    I use a hatchet when it comes to spatching a turkey.  And definitely before the first adult supervisory beverage.
    Happy Thanksgiving. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lousubcap said:
    Things just got a little wild removing the backbone just now. 
    I use a hatchet when it comes to spatching a turkey.  And definitely before the first adult supervisory beverage.
    Happy Thanksgiving. 

Stupidly, I had a really good pair of poultry shears that I’ve had for a long time. Since we’ve moved I haven’t needed them and could not find them today. Garden shears to the rescue. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978

Money shot...
    Indeed, and the slicing! btw, if it was me the little guy wouldn't have made it to the picture.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    @tarheelmatt

Beauty. I can taste it from here. Crunchy, salty exterior with a melt-in-your-mouth interior. 
    huh?
    canuckland
  • @tarheelmatt

huh?
    Pretty sure he meant to respond fo @JohnnyTarheel
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

It’s Ok, we’re back back back.  After an apparently never ending 13 days the PL returns to bring sunshine to your life, a lot like Eric Clapton offered but I assume without the chemical substance assistance.   So the big news is that Everton have been taken to the naughty step and deducted ten points. It’s to do with overspending against the profit and sustainability rules.  Several of the bigger clubs have been doing it for years, but with mea culpa and other sleight of hand have averted their own trip to the step of naughty.  Will this affect Everton?  In the long run, no because they are not worse than the three worst teams - so will recoup their league position, gradually.  Had it happened six months ago they would have been relegated and that would have absolutely nailed them.  Meh.

Saturday

Man City v Liverpool - straight out the traps with the big boys going at it.  Testy and goal laden, 3-2

Burnley v West Ham - things really need to change for The Clarets if they have any hope of staying up.  I don’t think the visiting Hammers will be in charitable mood and will seek to bag the three point with minimum fuss. 0-2

Luton v Palace - with players returning from injury you’d like to think the mighty Eagles will snaffle this game, but that’s not how it works - is it? The Hatters will see this as winnable and absolutely won’t yield. 0-1

Newcastle v Chelsea - it’s official, the Blues are alive and their tempestuous 4-4 with Citeh last time out demonstrates that.  Toon may not have enough - but it’ll be close.  Home advantage says 2-1, but that is far from certain.

Forest v Brighton - the hosts are in marginally better form than the media darlings so this could be close. The filthy fetid stinking Seagulls have lost their sparkle in the last month or so, maybe it’s the European commitments, maybe it’s karma? 1-1 

Sheff Utd v Bournemouth - a home win would be a major blow for Bournemouth as they try to heave clear of the relegation zone.  The Blades are right in it and proving to be tricky customers, despite their meagre points haul. A draw does not really help, but that’s OK as it’ll be 2-0.

Brentford v Arsenal - summary dismissal of mid-table mediocrity is the staple of successful, title winning teams.  Nothing short of a win for the Gunners is acceptable. 1-2 because they’ll make it hard for themselves.

Sunday

Spurs v Villa - hello, two defeats on the spin, is that the Spursy Spurs spirit surfacing?  You know it is. Villa will fancy this, big time because a win takes them to fourth, leapfrogging Spurs.  Nervy 2-3

Everton v Man Utd - febrile atmosphere at Goodison as the aggrieved Toffee fans spill their bile.  Maybe it works for the team and pushes them on,  maybe Man Utd remain the clown car they have been so far - albeit still 6th in the table (How??).  The one to watch, 2-2

Monday

Fulham v Wolves - dull dull dull.  It’ll happen and no one will notice. 0-1

There you go, a strong start and end to the weekend - then the other game happens.  Probably not the week to gamble the farm. And that’s OK.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • @JohnnyTarheel Absolutely stunning 😋😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    Today is the 52nd anniversary of our own @dbCooper and his ransom parachute jump.  Time to celebrate.
    A paragraph on his notoriety below:

Who Is D.B. Cooper?

A man who came to be known as D.B. Cooper used a bomb threat to hijack a flight from Portland, Oregon, to Seattle on November 24, 1971. After the jet landed in Seattle, passengers disembarked and $200,000 was placed on board, along with parachutes requested by the hijacker. The plane then took off for Mexico City. Mid-flight, Cooper jumped off the plane and subsequently disappeared. The FBI spent years investigating the case, which was called NORJAK, for Northwest Hijacking. Though hundreds of suspects were considered and $5,800 of the ransom money was found, the hijacker was never identified. In 2016, the FBI said it was closing its investigation, though this decision hasn’t dimmed public interest in Cooper.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:

It’s Ok, we’re back back back.  After an apparently never ending 13 days the PL returns to bring sunshine to your life, a lot like Eric Clapton offered but I assume without the chemical substance assistance.   So the big news is that Everton have been taken to the naughty step and deducted ten points. It’s to do with overspending against the profit and sustainability rules.  Several of the bigger clubs have been doing it for years, but with mea culpa and other sleight of hand have averted their own trip to the step of naughty.  Will this affect Everton?  In the long run, no because they are not worse than the three worst teams - so will recoup their league position, gradually.  Had it happened six months ago they would have been relegated and that would have absolutely nailed them.  Meh.

Saturday

Man City v Liverpool - straight out the traps with the big boys going at it.  Testy and goal laden, 3-2

Burnley v West Ham - things really need to change for The Clarets if they have any hope of staying up.  I don’t think the visiting Hammers will be in charitable mood and will seek to bag the three point with minimum fuss. 0-2

Luton v Palace - with players returning from injury you’d like to think the mighty Eagles will snaffle this game, but that’s not how it works - is it? The Hatters will see this as winnable and absolutely won’t yield. 0-1

Newcastle v Chelsea - it’s official, the Blues are alive and their tempestuous 4-4 with Citeh last time out demonstrates that.  Toon may not have enough - but it’ll be close.  Home advantage says 2-1, but that is far from certain.

Forest v Brighton - the hosts are in marginally better form than the media darlings so this could be close. The filthy fetid stinking Seagulls have lost their sparkle in the last month or so, maybe it’s the European commitments, maybe it’s karma? 1-1 

Sheff Utd v Bournemouth - a home win would be a major blow for Bournemouth as they try to heave clear of the relegation zone.  The Blades are right in it and proving to be tricky customers, despite their meagre points haul. A draw does not really help, but that’s OK as it’ll be 2-0.

Brentford v Arsenal - summary dismissal of mid-table mediocrity is the staple of successful, title winning teams.  Nothing short of a win for the Gunners is acceptable. 1-2 because they’ll make it hard for themselves.

Sunday

Spurs v Villa - hello, two defeats on the spin, is that the Spursy Spurs spirit surfacing?  You know it is. Villa will fancy this, big time because a win takes them to fourth, leapfrogging Spurs.  Nervy 2-3

Everton v Man Utd - febrile atmosphere at Goodison as the aggrieved Toffee fans spill their bile.  Maybe it works for the team and pushes them on,  maybe Man Utd remain the clown car they have been so far - albeit still 6th in the table (How??).  The one to watch, 2-2

Monday

Fulham v Wolves - dull dull dull.  It’ll happen and no one will notice. 0-1

There you go, a strong start and end to the weekend - then the other game happens.  Probably not the week to gamble the farm. And that’s OK.

Thank you for making my day yet again.  And there's no way Spurs lose to Villa.  They've had time to rebuild their pride as they reflected during the international break.  I'm thinking a nervy 1-0 win for Spurs.  And ditto for Man U.  They aren't very good but they are good enough to overcome Everton, even if the Evertonians' performance is enhanced by an additional butthurt factor.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    lousubcap said:
    Today is the 52nd anniversary of our own @dbCooper and his ransom parachute jump.  Time to celebrate.

Who Is D.B. Cooper?

A man who came to be known as D.B. Cooper used a bomb threat to hijack a flight from Portland, Oregon, to Seattle on November 24, 1971. After the jet landed in Seattle, passengers disembarked and $200,000 was placed on board, along with parachutes requested by the hijacker. The plane then took off for Mexico City. Mid-flight, Cooper jumped off the plane and subsequently disappeared. The FBI spent years investigating the case, which was called NORJAK, for Northwest Hijacking. Though hundreds of suspects were considered and $5,800 of the ransom money was found, the hijacker was never identified. In 2016, the FBI said it was closing its investigation, though this decision hasn’t dimmed public interest in Cooper.

@lousubcap - In celebration, I added some Buffalo Trace bourbon cream to my morning coffee.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Foghorn said:

Thank you for making my day yet again.  And there's no way Spurs lose to Villa.  They've had time to rebuild their pride as they reflected during the international break.  I'm thinking a nervy 1-0 win for Spurs.  And ditto for Man U.  They aren't very good but they are good enough to overcome Everton, even if the Evertonians' performance is enhanced by an additional butthurt factor.
    But that’s Spurs. You have to ask yourself ’what is the Spursy-est thing Spurs could do?’ And if you can accurately answer that then perhaps you know what did happen to Schrodinger’s cat and who DB Cooper (the other one) is. 

‘Butthurt factor’ though 🤣
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    And finishing up more pies. The bourbon pecan chocolate pie is damn good. 

Bourbon pecan chocolate pie for the hands-down win. I would crush that and defer anything else for the Thanksgiving experience. 
    Recipe for the winner at your convenience please. 

Here you go, @lousubcap

Filling:
    1 cup dark corn syrup
    4 TBS butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Warm in pot until butter and sugar have melted and combined. Let mixture cool about 10 minutes, then mix in:

3 eggs whipped
    1/3 cup bourbon
    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Stir until well combined and add to deep pie shell. Cover top in halved pecans and baked at 350* for 60 minutes. I use a pie crust shield. Let cool then refrigerate.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• I’m sitting at the Ford dealership while they change the oil in our Explorer and fix a warranty recall. I’m fighting the urge to look at the F150 and Broncos. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    Sitting in a ladder stand

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    shtgunal3 said:
    Sitting in a ladder stand
    Same. Ain’t seen a thing!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    lousubcap said:

Who Is D.B. Cooper?

I am in the Richard Floyd McCoy actually did it twice camp
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian