Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    billt01 said:
    Moving in…
    Nice!!!  From what I can see, that is a gorgeous place!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,602
    @billt01 - Way to bring the whole project home! Looks awesome. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Congratulations @billt01 very exciting time!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Moving in…

Wow! That is awesome!  Congratulations on the new digs!!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Moving in…

But did you get Papa Murphy’s?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Trying to kill myself, apparently.

I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days; yesterday I found a box of Velveeta "Shells & Cheese" in the cupboard and threw that together, ate about half of it and decided it didn't taste that good, threw the rest.  I then looked at "Best if used by" date; 2021.  Dumbsh*t.
    Then, today, I thawed out a few frozen shrimp and pulled a pkg of Udon noodles out of the frig, cooked them up with some green onion and leftover snow peas.  The noodles didn't fall apart in the boiling broth like usual, so I let them go a bit longer.  Smelled good and tasted okay, but started feeling really queazy in 45 minutes or so.  Checked the Udon envelope: "Best if used by Sept 2015".  Dumbsh*t-cubed!  Wouldn't be so bad if it were a pkg of dried ramen in the cupboard, but these were 8-yr-old refrigerated wet noodles.  Gah.
    I started feeling better after a couple hours.  Think maybe tomorrow I should just go to Denny's for lunch and give my GI-tract a break, then do another deep-clean of the cupboards, frig, and freezer.  No pics, but you didn't want them anyway.  Uff-dah.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• lousubcap
    @Botch Just declare victory with the "best buy" date.  Depending on the packaging and product I have not had any issues with senior dated foods.  To a point it does depend on the item but I have used 8-10 yr old products and no issues.  Of course I make sure to help any health challengers with some bourbon.  So far (for many years, and now likely jinxed) so good.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch Just declare victory with the "best buy" date.  Depending on the packaging and product I have not had any issues with senior dated foods.  To a point it does depend on the item but I have used 8-10 yr old products and no issues.  Of course I make sure to help any health challengers with some bourbon.  So far (for many years, and now likely jinxed) so good.
    Usually I don't worry about the "best by" date, it kinda surprised me that I had an 8-yr-old pkg of noodles in the frig, and it doesn't surprise me that it was "off".  
    Ten years ago or so I was digging into the cupboard for something to eat, and noticed a 12-oz can of Pink Salmon, and I thought, how long have I had that?  Checked the date, and realized I had bought it during my very first Commissary spree, when I had finally received my first USAF paycheck!  It was 1983.  I also noticed that, as I tipped the can, it sounded like it was 1/3rd full of gravel.  I gingerly carried it out to the garbage can, and wheeled it out to the street on a Monday (Trash Day was Wednesday); no sense in taking any chances...

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    I find Bourbon cures all.  Best Buy dates are for commies.

• Botch said:
    Trying to kill myself, apparently.

I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days; yesterday I found a box of Velveeta "Shells & Cheese" in the cupboard and threw that together, ate about half of it and decided it didn't taste that good, threw the rest.  I then looked at "Best if used by" date; 2021.  Dumbsh*t.
    Then, today, I thawed out a few frozen shrimp and pulled a pkg of Udon noodles out of the frig, cooked them up with some green onion and leftover snow peas.  The noodles didn't fall apart in the boiling broth like usual, so I let them go a bit longer.  Smelled good and tasted okay, but started feeling really queazy in 45 minutes or so.  Checked the Udon envelope: "Best if used by Sept 2015".  Dumbsh*t-cubed!  Wouldn't be so bad if it were a pkg of dried ramen in the cupboard, but these were 8-yr-old refrigerated wet noodles.  Gah.
    I started feeling better after a couple hours.  Think maybe tomorrow I should just go to Denny's for lunch and give my GI-tract a break, then do another deep-clean of the cupboards, frig, and freezer.  No pics, but you didn't want them anyway.  Uff-dah.  
    This is a classic Botch story, lol 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Got this dropped by, tossed it in the Stumps 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian said:
    Got this dropped by, tossed it in the Stumps 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • That thing was walking around this morning @lkapigian
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    edited November 2023
    That thing was walking around this morning @lkapigian
    Yes Sir ,just salted it, wrapped it at this point , love the marrow 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn said:
    Feeling bulletproof.  Got 3 vaccinations yesterday - new COVID, RSV, and pneumonia (Prevnar20).  Got my flu shot last month.
    I would love to have Prevnar20 . But many years ago I have the old pneumonia shot and insurance won’t let me have the new one until age 65 (63 currently) . RSV can be hard to find around here but it’s on my list. The flu shot I have every year. The Covid shot ? Well between the 5 previous shots and having had Covid it seems like diminishing returns.
  • @Gulfcoastguy - I look at the latest Covid shots as much like the flu shot.  Doesn't guarantee you won't get it but provides some protection if you do.  Lessens the blow, in other words.  I don't know, I don't see the downside so I figure why not?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Rained last two days ... Drive by any autoparts store, and this is what you see:

• lousubcap
    A large gathering is going to enjoy quite a banquet right there, never mind the sides. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:

Either a large gathering or a snack for @SGH .

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,351
    Arrived at Shades of Green a couple hours ago for a week with the Mouse with our kids and grandkids. 

Our 3 y/o grandson is currently obsessed with all things Mickey so the boss said we are bringing them before he outgrows it. 

It is going to be an expensive week - SWMBO decided this trip is all on our dime. 

If you have access I highly recommend SoG, a great resort at incredible prices (for an on property resort). 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • @CTMike - we did Disney with our kids about seven years ago.  I just figured “well there’s no point in paying attention to what this all costs because lol”
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Did Disney last Halloween. The mouse gets paid
  • CTMike
    @CTMike - we did Disney with our kids about seven years ago.  I just figured “well there’s no point in paying attention to what this all costs because lol”
    Yup - Disney has a PhD in vacuuming money out of your wallet. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited November 2023
    ColbyLang said:
    That is an understatement. SWMBO said “This trip will probably cost us around $10K. I replied “Hon, we’ve already spent $3,800 for park tickets, $5K for 3 hotel rooms, and $2,200 to fly everyone else down, and we haven’t even got there yet. We will be lucky to get out of here less than $20.”

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    CTMike said:
    ColbyLang said:
    That is an understatement. SWMBO said “This trip will probably cost us around $10K. I replied “Hon, we’ve already spent $3,800 for park tickets, $5K for 3 hotel rooms, and $2,200 to fly everyone else down, and we haven’t even got there yet. We will be lucky to get out of here less than $20.”
    We did Disney World for a few years with our kids.  Thankful we had the opportunity and my wife was queen deal maker.  She made a job out of tickets, meal plans, fast passes, etc, etc, etc.  Our kids are very lucky to have their mama, because if it had been my choice we would have gone to Boblo Island and some state parks.

I needed therapy after every trip.