Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    Happiness is Disney World in the rear view mirror.  In small doses (when we lived around 95 miles from Disney Land) as day trips it was manageable.  But the one time 6 day immersive trip several years later to Disney World was a challenge.  Good luck with transitioning into survival mode and then escaping unscathed.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • A pastrami sandwich was $4.50 back in 1974. That sounds cheap now but minimum wage was less than $2 an hour back then. The mouse should have been prosecuted under the RICO act.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    A family member just returned from Korea/Japan, apparently at Tokyo Disney the entire place has no outlet for you to charge your cell phone. You have to buy or rent a power bank. 
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    With lots of help from @Mark_B_Good @johnmitchell @lkapigian my diy biltong box is finally done. 

Tried a small chunk of outside round from the freezer (not ideal due to some fat contents) to get the hang of it...

Five days later, about 40% weight loss. Super happy with the result. Also going to try quick fry in dry pan to render some fat.

Next project: biltong slicing guillotine.
    Bombdiggity 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    glad i did disney back in the 80's while in college. i think it was about 800 bucks, flights, hotel, 3 day pass, food, girlfriend, and a french bikini. she was supposed to pay half which didnt seem to happen =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    With lots of help from @Mark_B_Good @johnmitchell @lkapigian my diy biltong box is finally done. 

Tried a small chunk of outside round from the freezer (not ideal due to some fat contents) to get the hang of it...

Five days later, about 40% weight loss. Super happy with the result. Also going to try quick fry in dry pan to render some fat.

Next project: biltong slicing guillotine.

looks good from here, is the fan heated and is the pan just for drips
    fukahwee maine

• glad i did disney back in the 80's while in college. i think it was about 800 bucks, flights, hotel, 3 day pass, food, girlfriend, and a french bikini. she was supposed to pay half which didnt seem to happen =)

And there are at least 2 lessons there.
  • Canugghead
    Not heated, it appears most if not all case fans nowadays are illuminated? I speculate bit coin miners need the visual to know at a glance if any of the army of fans died. I can also add an incandescent bulb for heat and run it as a dehydrator.

Yes the pan is for drips although it didn't catch a single drop since I used a no rinse zero waste recipe, it did catch some dry rub. Not really needed since the bin can be washed.

Super el cheapo project... $17 for bin, $4 for fan, reired 12v power supply from parts bin, rods from this $1 mat from amazoid warehouse:

canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Not heated, it appears most if not all case fans nowadays are illuminated? I speculate bit coin miners need the visual to know at a glance if any of the army of fans died. I can also add an incandescent bulb for heat and run it as a dehydrator.

Yes the pan is for drips although it didn't catch a single drop since I used a no rinse zero waste recipe, it did catch some dry rub. Not really needed since the bin can be washed.

Super el cheapo project... $17 for bin, $4 for fan, reired 12v power supply from parts bin, rods from this $1 mat from amazoid warehouse:

does the bin actually do anything except support for the rack and fan, maybe keeps the mice from eating it during the week =) maybe i need the bin
    fukahwee maine

• glad i did disney back in the 80's while in college. i think it was about 800 bucks, flights, hotel, 3 day pass, food, girlfriend, and a french bikini. she was supposed to pay half which didnt seem to happen =)

Back in the 80’s I had a “girlfriend” named Disney, and she let me do her for three days and only $800.  
  • fishlessman
    glad i did disney back in the 80's while in college. i think it was about 800 bucks, flights, hotel, 3 day pass, food, girlfriend, and a french bikini. she was supposed to pay half which didnt seem to happen =)

Back in the 80’s I had a “girlfriend” named Disney, and she let me do her for three days and only $800.  

not as quick as usual, feeling ok, change of meds......
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Prepping prime pichana for the grill. Bourbon blinds tonight with the bourbon heathens. 
  • Canugghead

does the bin actually do anything except support for the rack and fan, maybe keeps the mice from eating it during the week =) maybe i need the bin
    fwiw amazoid shipping box works too  ;)
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    edited November 2023
    Anyone else annoyed with SRF? If feels like it’s gotten too gimmicky or something. Emails everyday, now they offer seafood and premade bbq. “But wait, there’s more!!” Pretty soon they’ll be in the Omaha Steaks category. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    ColtsFan said:
    Anyone else annoyed with SRF? If feels like it’s gotten too gimmicky or something. Emails everyday, now they offer seafood and premade bbq. “But wait, there’s more!!” Pretty soon they’ll be in the Omaha Steaks category. 
    I unsubscribed from their emails.  I figure someone around here will post the good ones.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    @ColtsFan - In the main I agree with you.  And those "good deals" come with a healthy initial buy.  I will shop them for brisket and the occasional steak cuts but my engagement (aka $$$) has been way down compared to prior years.
    However, in fairness every shipment has been on-time (even with the five letter company) and the products have been consistently top quality.
    The market drives company direction.  Perhaps they are under pressure to accelerate the growth.  IDK. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,632
     Disney... I've avoided it thus far. I don't think I'm ever bringing my kids there. They can spend the money... On therapy...
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    edited November 2023
    @lousubcap

The only product of theirs that I have had inconsistent results with is their ham.  I have had the absolutely most amazing bone in ham from them.  Like rainbows shining down on my plate good.  And I have had ham that was no better than Frys/Kroger/Publix store brand.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 776
    @lousubcap

The only product of theirs that I have had inconsistent results with is their ham.  I have had the absolutely most amazing bone in ham from them.  Like rainbows shining down on my plate good.  And I have had ham that was no better than Frys/Kroger/Publix store brand.
    Kind of glad you posted that. I got the Publix version. Probably won't give it another chance, but at least I know it wasn't just a rip off. More like a gamble. 
  • ColtsFan said:
    The seafood is absolutely strange.  I’m like “y’all ain’t growing lobster on no farm!”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    Christmas Vacation last night. Tonight, Home Alone. The Christmas movies have begun. 
  • Dyal_SC said:
    Christmas Vacation last night. Tonight, Home Alone. The Christmas movies have begun. 
    We have watched them both with our kids.  We’re thinking European Vacation needs to be next.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Dyal_SC said:
    Christmas Vacation is my favorite. We have been watching Christmas movies since Nov 1. Christmas Vacation and White Christmas have to wait until Thanksgiving Day though. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    edited November 2023
    Watching the ESPN2 MNF Manningcast tonight for the entertainment value and every time the broadcast is available.  Eagles-Chiefs tonight so a Kelce brothers matchup.  (Taylor Swift is a continent away...)
    But the focus of this is the guest appearance of Iowa's NCAAW basketball star Caitlin Clark.  She was poised and skilled well beyond her years (21 yo).  Engaging, entertaining and totally embraced the give and take.  Clearly comfortable in the environment.  Impressive performance. 

• Enjoying this game.
  • fishlessman
    looking at new well pumps, hoping my old one makes it thru the weekend.....such a fun thing to buy.  is the what are you buying thread gone
    fukahwee maine

• Just noticed this weird thing on the mobile view of the main page on the forum: at some point if you scroll down there is a gap and then it just starts over again:

Only does it once.  Seems like a waste of space.  It would be better to see more threads.