Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    Watched the Wisconsin Badgers demolish previously unbeaten Nebraska 3-0 in volleyball a bit ago.  Hard to stomach, but a very impressive match. 
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:
    Today is the 52nd anniversary of our own @dbCooper and his ransom parachute jump.  Time to celebrate.
    A paragraph on his notoriety below:

Who Is D.B. Cooper?

A man who came to be known as D.B. Cooper used a bomb threat to hijack a flight from Portland, Oregon, to Seattle on November 24, 1971. After the jet landed in Seattle, passengers disembarked and $200,000 was placed on board, along with parachutes requested by the hijacker. The plane then took off for Mexico City. Mid-flight, Cooper jumped off the plane and subsequently disappeared. The FBI spent years investigating the case, which was called NORJAK, for Northwest Hijacking. Though hundreds of suspects were considered and $5,800 of the ransom money was found, the hijacker was never identified. In 2016, the FBI said it was closing its investigation, though this decision hasn’t dimmed public interest in Cooper.

I am in the Richard Floyd McCoy actually did it twice camp
    That is to easy.  Where is the intrigue mystery, and suspense in that?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Watching White Christmas with my youngest. Her favorite, a very close runner up to Christmas Vacation for me in the Christmas movie rankings. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    If there are any Alice In Chains fans here this guy plays Nutshell on the piano. I've never heard it played on the piano before. Wow. 

https://youtu.be/7VDjghA4x_c?si=KSkz5cusNe4zd2nc
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Pouring coffee, debating on which stand to hunt at my deer lease. Feeling like crap. May be a box stand and a nap! 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    "Man City v Liverpool - straight out the traps with the big boys going at it.  Testy and goal laden, 3-2"

@CPFC1905, this was not the goalfest you were looking for.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dbCooper
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:
    Today is the 52nd anniversary of our own @dbCooper and his ransom parachute jump.  Time to celebrate.

Who Is D.B. Cooper?

A man who came to be known as D.B. Cooper used a bomb threat to hijack a flight from Portland, Oregon, to Seattle on November 24, 1971. After the jet landed in Seattle, passengers disembarked and $200,000 was placed on board, along with parachutes requested by the hijacker. The plane then took off for Mexico City. Mid-flight, Cooper jumped off the plane and subsequently disappeared. The FBI spent years investigating the case, which was called NORJAK, for Northwest Hijacking. Though hundreds of suspects were considered and $5,800 of the ransom money was found, the hijacker was never identified. In 2016, the FBI said it was closing its investigation, though this decision hasn’t dimmed public interest in Cooper.

@Ozzie_Isaac - There is the theory the pilots and the flight attendant were in on it.  Then they double crossed poor DB, kept all the money and tossed him out into the night (hopefully with a parachute). 
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    dbCooper said:
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:

Who Is D.B. Cooper?

@Ozzie_Isaac - There is the theory the pilots and the flight attendant were in on it.  Then they double crossed poor DB, kept all the money and tossed him out into the night (hopefully with a parachute). 
    Oh wow!  I have never heard this theory.  That would be pretty crazy.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    Great venue and way to enjoy the evening @GrateEggspectations .  Looks like quite a seasonal craft market as well. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,837
    edited November 2023
    On the money, as usual, @lousubcap. Was actually at this venue without my better half last night. Was the opening and they had some pretty impressive costumed carollers on the scene. Didnt get a photo. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Foghorn said:
    "Man City v Liverpool - straight out the traps with the big boys going at it.  Testy and goal laden, 3-2"

Nope, and Toon eased past Chelsea plus the Gunners rise to the top
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Cooking 14 chicken drumsticks.  Got them Friday out of the Kroger markdown for $2.25.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

Nope, and Toon eased past Chelsea plus the Gunners rise to the top
    I'll eat my words about Tottenham.  At least I got the Man U situation right.  Ironically, even though they won 3-0 they did not look like the better team to my eye - or by any other metric.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Had a horribly lackluster cook this weekend for family thanksgiving, no pictures, they all thought it was good, I was embarrassed. First time in a long time i wasn’t feeling it, stepping back and re grouping 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Tomorrow is garbage day so I did a full purge of the deep freezer. It’s been off since yesterday so that thawed the ice dam that had formed on one end and got about 2.5 gallons of water out. It’s now sanitized and air drying out tonight. It’s a great feeling seeing that full empty space and thinking about what meats I can fill it with
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    The last play of tonights Bears/Vikings game is one for the historical reels, even if the ball was down soon on.   :o  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    @dbCooper - better to be lucky than good rings true right there.  You need to go back tomorrow...
    Around here the bottles are grabbed up as soon as the distributor opens the box. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,630
    new bird house to put up for the tree swallows/ purple martins.....six house HOA

Where is the little bass boat?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dbCooper
    new bird house to put up for the tree swallows/ purple martins.....six house HOA

@fishlessman - Nice!  Did you make that? 
    Is unit six ground level center, with alley entrance and no cathedral ceiling?

Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    dbCooper said:

@fishlessman - Nice!  Did you make that? 
    Is unit six ground level center, with alley entrance and no cathedral ceiling?

Used to do work for one of the Catholic homes for kids with disabilities. The guy I worked for there in maintenance retired and does birdhouses, lawn ornaments etc.  He dropped it off the other day. I have a few houses, woodpecker,  couple for wood duck, and an old purple Martin house. The bottom back center is house number six. Will need to put up another pole to mount it up high, hopefully before the ground freezes, it needs to weather Abit before the birds arrive in the spring
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Rob Reiner has announced, according to three sources now, that Spinal Tap II goes into production soon.  Woop!  I'm going to bed now.   :)  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.