Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Moving in…
    Nice!!!  From what I can see, that is a gorgeous place!

But did you get Papa Murphy’s?
    must have missed a thread, but unfortunately I'm too far out for PM's..my Publix carries premade 00 dough for a fairly tasty pizza 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Hope everyone out there in Eggland is doing well 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    @SGH - glad you surfaced and literally as well.  Trust you are tracking up the big $$ to buy that island!  SOSDD here.
    Gotta a forum Zoom rolling Dec 29th.  Be there. (There's a thread about it.)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    My "quaint" little neighborhood is gradually turning into a trailer park.  Seems there's more and more yelling, dogs barking, vandalism and distant gunshots than there used to be.  
    This morning, when I went to get my mail, I noticed the neighbor across the street had a hole in his picture window, with some cardboard taped over it.  Don't know what happened there.  
    Now about half an hour ago I heard more occasional yelling, then a bunch of banging, both on what sounded like wood/a tree, and on sheetmetal.  Then it stopped.  When I went to the bathroom I looked out the window, there was a Sheriff's pickup parked across the street, two officers standing in the front yard over my neighbor, who was doing pushups.  Not sure what that was about, or if pushups are now SOP, dunno.  

At least we're getting fiber optic internetz....   :| 

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    SGH said:
    Hope everyone out there in Eggland is doing well 👍
    Glad you are back!  Hopefully we get a more business friendly prez back in so you don't have to keep heading out just to pay your taxes my friend.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Two of our State Troopers were killed this morning in a hit and run on the freeway Downtown. Luckily, my agency was able to find the scumbag with only a vehicle description to go on within a few hours. He went to jail wearing both Troopers cuffs. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    Another Christmas movie night. Just now realizing how much Michael Keaton looks like Jack Nicholson and Bruce Willis had a love child. 

• Two of our State Troopers were killed this morning in a hit and run on the freeway Downtown. Luckily, my agency was able to find the scumbag with only a vehicle description to go on within a few hours. He went to jail wearing both Troopers cuffs. 

Terrible.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    edited December 2023

@Battleborn that's terrible news.  I had a very similar experience losing a colleague this way, so sending you and your colleagues my sincerest best wishes.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Well, quite frankly if the mighty Eagles continue in this fashion I will have to reset my whole world view and consider that there might be other things of interest beyond the beautiful game.  A paradigm shift of the ages.  Naturally I would not leave you, dear reader - high and dry.  Stand-by for detailed analysis of Crown Green Bowls (Google it).

Saturday

Arsenal v Wolves - Gunners a point clear at the top and looking every each a contender. The Old Gold are hit and miss, so a comfy 2-0 is in the bag.

Brentford v Luton - the Hatters will naively think that this is nailed on after last week, but we lost that match - they didn’t win it. The PL is brutal and even mid-table mediocrity like the Bees are plenty good enough. Regression to the mean; 2-0

Burnley v Sheff Utd - nine points aggregated from a cumulative 26 games and the Clarets in a massive losing streak.  A draw helps neither, except the rest of the league as it crystallises these two in the bottom three.  Helter-skelter stuff with strong War of the Roses undertone (Google that, too). 1-2.

Notts Forest v Everton - well the bile and invective did nothing to lift the Toffees last week as the mad-cap Man Utd brushed them aside. A rapid bounce back out the relegation zone therefore did not occur and even a win here will not either.- that fact pleases me. Forest ain’t been all that, tbh. 1-1

Newcastle v Man Utd - 7th host 6th and whilst the soap opera at Old Trafford plays out the team seem to find a way. Toon have not found the consistency they need to be serious table top troublers.  Good test for both and home win feels right.   2-1

Sunday

Bournemouth v Villa - both in form, Villa flying in Europe and they have more than double their host’s points tally - which tells me that away win should be the outcome. A goal in it 0-1

Chelsea v Brighton - The Blues momentum stalled last week but they are looking far more of a team than back at the start.  The fetid, wretched filthy Seagulls got back to winning ways last time out, and until Euro commitments fully sap their capacity all seems fine and dandy.  No, really I am thrilled for them. 2-2

Liverpool v Fulham -  routine home win 2-0

West Ham v Palace - whisper it but the living deity that is Roy Hodgson is under the pump here.  Two bad results and injuries are mounting again.  His knack of not losing to lower teams has evade him recently.  Not the time for the dreaded ‘vote of confidence’ from the board, because the transfer window opens in January and so he has that chance to bolster the ranks.  The Hammers are off the back of two wins and usually have this fixture pencilled as a victory from the outset. 2-0

Man City v Spurs - hello Spursy Spurs,  it’s great to have you back. Three defeats on the bounce now and it’s delight to see self-sabotage is still in their locker.  A month ago this would have been a lot harder to call, but let’s be frank 3-0

I think I point appositive spin on that despite my inner fury.  Well done me.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • It wasn’t law enforcement, I worked for the DOT. But we lost an employee in a construction zone. A drunk driver had been bailed out at the police office. He bullied his girlfriend into letting him drive away from the station. Several miles away , after passing signs and a message board he drove through barrels and cones and over our coworker. The worker was the sole supporter of his disabled and widowed mother.
  • MasterC said:
    Signed a contract to extend the gabled roof over our patio. One step closer to an outside oasis.
    Having seen your setup, I would have already characterized it as an “oasis”. Bet it’ll be even more stunning. 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Thanks. I still have away to go but will get there eventually 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:

Well, quite frankly if the mighty Eagles continue in this fashion I will have to reset my whole world view and consider that there might be other things of interest beyond the beautiful game.  A paradigm shift of the ages.  Naturally I would not leave you, dear reader - high and dry.  Stand-by for detailed analysis of Crown Green Bowls (Google it).

Saturday

Arsenal v Wolves - Gunners a point clear at the top and looking every each a contender. The Old Gold are hit and miss, so a comfy 2-0 is in the bag.

Brentford v Luton - the Hatters will naively think that this is nailed on after last week, but we lost that match - they didn’t win it. The PL is brutal and even mid-table mediocrity like the Bees are plenty good enough. Regression to the mean; 2-0

Burnley v Sheff Utd - nine points aggregated from a cumulative 26 games and the Clarets in a massive losing streak.  A draw helps neither, except the rest of the league as it crystallises these two in the bottom three.  Helter-skelter stuff with strong War of the Roses undertone (Google that, too). 1-2.

Notts Forest v Everton - well the bile and invective did nothing to lift the Toffees last week as the mad-cap Man Utd brushed them aside. A rapid bounce back out the relegation zone therefore did not occur and even a win here will not either.- that fact pleases me. Forest ain’t been all that, tbh. 1-1

Newcastle v Man Utd - 7th host 6th and whilst the soap opera at Old Trafford plays out the team seem to find a way. Toon have not found the consistency they need to be serious table top troublers.  Good test for both and home win feels right.   2-1

Sunday

Bournemouth v Villa - both in form, Villa flying in Europe and they have more than double their host’s points tally - which tells me that away win should be the outcome. A goal in it 0-1

Chelsea v Brighton - The Blues momentum stalled last week but they are looking far more of a team than back at the start.  The fetid, wretched filthy Seagulls got back to winning ways last time out, and until Euro commitments fully sap their capacity all seems fine and dandy.  No, really I am thrilled for them. 2-2

Liverpool v Fulham -  routine home win 2-0

West Ham v Palace - whisper it but the living deity that is Roy Hodgson is under the pump here.  Two bad results and injuries are mounting again.  His knack of not losing to lower teams has evade him recently.  Not the time for the dreaded ‘vote of confidence’ from the board, because the transfer window opens in January and so he has that chance to bolster the ranks.  The Hammers are off the back of two wins and usually have this fixture pencilled as a victory from the outset. 2-0

Man City v Spurs - hello Spursy Spurs,  it’s great to have you back. Three defeats on the bounce now and it’s delight to see self-sabotage is still in their locker.  A month ago this would have been a lot harder to call, but let’s be frank 3-0

I think I point appositive spin on that despite my inner fury.  Well done me.

Very nice.  Obviously, I think you're wrong about Man U.  And the scousers will score more than two. 

Since I met you here I've become a fan of Crystal Palace, but it seems that now I have incentive to pull for them even harder - so as to avoid this deteriorating to a weekly update on British bocce ball.  It seems that the Brits can take any sport that has a defined area and place it onto a larger manicured lawn and make it their own - just so it will attract the tea and crumpets crowd while simultaneously giving them a chance to win.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Eating and having my first beer in a good while. 

Beer out of a wine glass.  You are fancy fo sho!

• Battleborn

Beer out of a wine glass.  You are fancy fo sho!
    It’s French. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn

Looks like a cool spot. How’s the Q?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Botch said:
    My "quaint" little neighborhood is gradually turning into a trailer park.  Seems there's more and more yelling, dogs barking, vandalism and distant gunshots than there used to be.  
    This morning, when I went to get my mail, I noticed the neighbor across the street had a hole in his picture window, with some cardboard taped over it.  Don't know what happened there.  
    Now about half an hour ago I heard more occasional yelling, then a bunch of banging, both on what sounded like wood/a tree, and on sheetmetal.  Then it stopped.  When I went to the bathroom I looked out the window, there was a Sheriff's pickup parked across the street, two officers standing in the front yard over my neighbor, who was doing pushups.  Not sure what that was about, or if pushups are now SOP, dunno.  

Just move. The process sucks and is expensive but I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I know you can swing it, just have to commit to something better now while you can. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Battleborn

@Battleborn

We really enjoyed the grub. Call us cheesy, but we almost always order two plates together that we cut in half (on our own plates; we would never ask a kitchen to divvy it up). We like the approach, because we taste twice as much product coming out of the kitchen. It also ensures a greater chance of tasting the best and the worst of the restaurant’s offerings, which gives us better perspective on the restaurant overall. Also just a way to share more experiences together.
    Not cheesy at all. My wife and I try to do the same, the only problem is that most of the time she wants something that does not interest me in the slightest. Lots of vegetables and whatnot. 

What part of the GWN do you guys live? Vancouver area?
    Las Vegas, NV

• @Ozzie_Isaac

We’re in Ottawa, Ontario, and this restaurant is just on the other side of the Ottawa River, in Gatineau, Quebec (predominantly French, so @Battleborn’s association was very apt, as the place is called “Le BBQ Shop”).
  • Battleborn
    @Great_EGGspectations I should have know Quebec, but as an ignorant American, everything Canadian is French to me. I can never express how thankful to Ottawa I am for Mark Stone though. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Dobie said:
    Botch said:

Just move. The process sucks and is expensive but I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I know you can swing it, just have to commit to something better now while you can. 
    It's an idea I've been toying with, for awhile now.  But the biggest change in my life since retirement has been, not branching out, but rather laziness.  It didn't help that COVID hit about a month after I retired...  :|  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Dobie said:
    Botch said:

It's an idea I've been toying with, for awhile now.  But the biggest change in my life since retirement has been, not branching out, but rather laziness.  It didn't help that COVID hit about a month after I retired...  :|  
    Market in SLC has mellowed some.  No longer need 2.5M for a 3bed/2bath with a view of I84.  December is usually slow, rent your place and go buy a new place.