Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    I almost never use a credit card but I did to buy some plane tickets last spring because I did not want my debit card floating around the United Airlines multiverse.  And with good reason, for a few months they were hitting me with random inflight beer charges like one a month.

Today I get a alert that my credit score dropped below 800 and its apparently because I finally got monthly $8 beer charges caught up and zero balanced my card.

So my credit score drops because my credit card is paid off. Makes sense. If I did not have a mortgage my score would probably be 0. My banker said that is not possible but I plan to prove her wrong some day.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Currently at the Galley Hatch having a desert of Clam chowder.  Our second time today.  
    I almost mentioned the Galley Hatch to you. For years they were consistently great with their food, and the dessert selection is phenomenal there, but the last two times we went, we were disappointed with the food and service, so I didn't mention it. The time before that I went with a group of 12 people and we sat in the pub. An older women, seemingly well past retirement age was our waitress. She joked with us a bit, and didn't write a single thing down when we ordered, and we went full on with drinks, appatizers, desserts etc. She didn't forget a single damned thing the whole night. When we got our bill we double checked it, sure she had forgotten to put something down, but it was all there. I think we tipped her 40% that night, well deserved.
    Lunch service ran a little long, but the food was really good.  Very tasty clam chowda 
    You're not far from Portsmouth,, should hit some restaurants up that way, a ton to choose from. If you get adventurous you can go to Pepperrell Cove restaurant up in Kittery Maine, probably 20 to 25 minutes from Hampton. Great food and right on the waterfront, awesome views of the harbor there. A lot of beautiful old waterfront homes around there, makes for a nice scenic ride. If you like Thai food, 5 Thai Bistro in downtown Portsmouth is great as well. Portsmouth Feed and Co is a BBQ place in downtown Portsmouth, love that atmosphere in there as it's in an old bank building. It's beautiful, but the food would be disappointing to you if you egg. If you absolutely want BBQ, head down to Byfield Ma to The Rusty Can, probably a 40 minute ride but it's all wood fired, done overnight on two smokers out back. I haven't had anything there that disappoints. They also mix it up too, the other day they had smoked pig tails in sticky sauce and pigs head meat. Both were phenomenal. It's one of my favorite places to go to feed my face. If you go there tell them paul 2 sent you. They'll know, I'm there at least 5 times a week. It's a great blue-collar, regular guy kind of place, with great prices and a great crew. You'll hear some swearing at the bar for sure, from other customers, and from the workers too. I think it's kinda funny and refreshing compared to all the pretentious places around Newburyport MA (where I live) and in Portsmouth NH (where my wife likes to eat)
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    @Ybabpmuts appreciate all the input.  We have a customer in Hampton and this is my first time visiting them.  They’re not really big so we try to get up once a year for a visit and some meals.  It’s a quick turnaround and we’re headed home, but I’ll certainly make some notes for next time!  In hindsight we wished we had driven further up the coast into Maine. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Yep, Maine coast beats NH coast by a long shot. I frequently go to Maine beaches, even though I live only 4 miles from Plum Island in Newbury/Newburyport, which has a long stretch of beach, including the undeveloped end at Sandy Point Reservation. The waters off Maine though, are colder than a witches muffin, which if you like swimming in witches muffins, is good I suppose. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    I almost never use a credit card but I did to buy some plane tickets last spring because I did not want my debit card floating around the United Airlines multiverse.  And with good reason, for a few months they were hitting me with random inflight beer charges like one a month.

Today I get a alert that my credit score dropped below 800 and its apparently because I finally got monthly $8 beer charges caught up and zero balanced my card.

So my credit score drops because my credit card is paid off. Makes sense. If I did not have a mortgage my score would probably be 0. My banker said that is not possible but I plan to prove her wrong some day.
    I had zero credit when buying my house. I never owned a credit card up to that point. I remember the banker saying, "You have zero credit. I guess that's better than having bad credit." Pretty scary what the bank will loan you for a house even when you have zero credit. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Last time we went there my wife got a lobster roll, we sat down on the rock wall across the street at the beach and my wife lifts her lobster roll up to her face and a seagull swooped in and took all the lobster out of it. It got a good portion of it in its mouth, the rest fell on the ground, which the seagull came and got immediately. Evil .. pure evil.

all i can say is.....dont steal a seagull egg on an uninhabited island with 10,000 nesting gulls......Alfred Hitchcock must have done it too
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    @alaskanassasin, same ****. Paid off a revolving balance of sub $1000. Credit drops. 
  • alaskanassasin
    WeberWho said:

I had zero credit when buying my house. I never owned a credit card up to that point. I remember the banker saying, "You have zero credit. I guess that's better than having bad credit." Pretty scary what the bank will loan you for a house even when you have zero credit. 

I like your style.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Someone I know personally was buried in debt, student loans, store cards, capital one, car loan, amazon you name it and probably $500 in the checking account, no savings... when they financed a car the loan officer said they 850 credit score, and then proceeded to try and sign them up for a credit card with a 100k limit.  
      Something does not seem right about that.  Off my soap box now carry on.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Researching hair loss treatments. Who knew 40 could be so fun. My dermatologist burst my ego yesterday when she asked if I realized I was thinning on the crown of my head. Thanks Doc
  • fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:
    Researching hair loss treatments. Who knew 40 could be so fun. My dermatologist burst my ego yesterday when she asked if I realized I was thinning on the crown of my head. Thanks Doc

40 is fun, so far 50 has been a blast.....
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    ColbyLang said:

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    You ain't seen nothin' yet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    @theyolksonyou Jason this new job is turning out to be quite the culinary experience 😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColbyLang said:
    I’m 37 and started to notice it within the last year. I’ve got enough hair on the rest of my body hopefully no one will notice. My hat game has also increased in the last year. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2022
    Thank god I got my dads genetics for hair. My poor brother on the other hand must have gotten our moms side of the family's  and has quite the widows peak going on. I think though if I was unfortunate enough to start losing my hair id just say screw it and shave the mess off.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    ColbyLang said:
    My dermatologist burst my ego yesterday when she asked if I realized I was thinning on the crown of my head. Thanks Doc
    They can see it before we can feel it, sadly.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,151
    WeberWho said:

Pretty good reasons for that.  First of all the interest rate they’ll give you.  Second thing is what happens if you end up not being able to pay your mortgage and end up defaulting: usually the bank gets the house if you don’t have another means to pay them off.  No matter what they typically get their money and then some.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    edited July 2022
    WeberWho said:

Pretty good reasons for that.  First of all the interest rate they’ll give you.  Second thing is what happens if you end up not being able to pay your mortgage and end up defaulting: usually the bank gets the house if you don’t have another means to pay them off.  No matter what they typically get their money and then some.  

Banks are doing very well.  The US government delayed evictions and made it so a person could also delay their mortgage payments.

This is causing two things:
    1. People are now on the hook for an immediate 18months of mortgage payments or they will be foreclosed on.  Home prices are at historic highs so banks are getting significantly appreciated assets.  Then they sell the home, pocket the difference, and have a new "homeowner" in the house with a much higher rate.
    2. If homeowners renegotiate, the bank tacks on rhe delinquent payments to the end of the mortgage and collect 20 years of interest on those missed payments.

Either way, bankers always get their money.  Some get it two or three times.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    For those who are contemplating the hair loss and "what to do" challenge.  My now 35 yo son made the choice some 14 years ago.  Shave it all and enjoy life-don't sweat it.  
    Meanwhile he and I are our own personal hair stylists.  Just make sure the blade is sharp.
    You know where it's gonna end. Might as well get there ahead of the crowd.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    WeberWho said:

Banks make their money. I was fortunate to get locked in under 3% interest rate and purchased our house coming out of the last housing crash. I'd hate to be in the house market within the last few years. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap said:
    For those who are contemplating the hair loss and "what to do" challenge.  My now 35 yo son made the choice some 14 years ago.  Shave it all and enjoy life-don't sweat it.  
    Meanwhile he and I are our own personal hair stylists.  Just make sure the blade is sharp.
    You know where it's gonna end. Might as well get there ahead of the crowd.  FWIW-
    What’s on your head doesn’t matter; instead, focus on the swagger! For those who do shave the dome, long live the DESR! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

Banks make their money. I was fortunate to get locked in under 3% interest rate and purchased our house coming out of the last housing crash. I'd hate to be in the house market within the last few years. 
    Generally speaking when you have a zero credit score you’re not able to get all that great an interest rate.  I’m guessing in your case there were several other factors at play here.
  • fishlessman
    When I bought my first house, I had less than a week's pay to use for my bills after paying my mortgage. It was crazy that they gave me that loan. Pretty much impossible to buymy house now let alone buying the camp
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    edited July 2022

It was crazy that they gave me that loan. Pretty much impossible to buymy house now let alone buying the camp
    They do tend to appreciate…
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    I was pretty much born with a widows peak. It stabilized at 25 or so and isn’t really noticeable unless I do a crew cut like the first year of the plague.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    ColtsFan said:
    This is the way

The way to the leader?