Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    just bought a new hot water tank...and now waiting for plumber to call me tomorrow. ugh..love unexpected expenses (see thread "what are you drinking now")...though this old tank lasted 17 years!

pic of old tank

The hard part is getting them up and down the stairs. Hooking them up is easy. Just watch that your 20-year-old plumber does it right...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Careful leaving that outside.  I lived near a town that required a permit to install a water heater.  The town code enforcement officers said that also meant a permit was required to replace one.  To get a permit it needed to be inspected by a union plumber.  It was not unheard of to fail inspection unless a union plumber had also been hired to install it.  So a simple water heater install became a very expensive and paperwork intensive process.

The code enforcement officers would drive around and see if any stray water heaters were seen being delivered or thrown out.  If it was, they would look for a permit.
    We have to have it inspected too, that's why I'm STILL waiting on plumber to call and tell me he's on the way.

It is on the pad in back...can't see it from the road
  • @johnmitchell
    No real HOA here....just can't have farm animals and we have to mow the grass twice a year. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Careful leaving that outside.  I lived near a town that required a permit to install a water heater.  The town code enforcement officers said that also meant a permit was required to replace one.  To get a permit it needed to be inspected by a union plumber.  It was not unheard of to fail inspection unless a union plumber had also been hired to install it.  So a simple water heater install became a very expensive and paperwork intensive process.

The code enforcement officers would drive around and see if any stray water heaters were seen being delivered or thrown out.  If it was, they would look for a permit.
    We have to have it inspected too, that's why I'm STILL waiting on plumber to call and tell me he's on the way.

It is on the pad in back...can't see it from the road

theres nothing to inspect on an electric, either you wired the two wires correctly, or they are backwards and it does not heat. your new one wont last 17 years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    My current electric water heater is 20+ years old. It was here when I moved in. A plumber that visited for an unrelated job said that I needed to replace it with a 40 gallon Tallboy, insufficient horizontal space for one of the new fat ones with extra insulation on the sides. I'm driving by Lowes today and might stop bye and look. Really I'm waiting for the home building market to crash due to higher mortgage rates in order to get some things done around the house.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    I will say, native clams are unlike anything I can get down south.  

Also, hanging in a local pub (different place) is interesting.  I’m an introvert by nature, but love to listen/watch people in their comfort zone. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Waiting to see if this package gets here today, as expected. It reached the Phoenix area, where all my five letter carrier packages go to die. 

Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    I'm not religious but prayin for your successful outcome with that friggin five letter quasi-delivery outfit!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Feeling sorry for the Swedish goalkeeper - she's been having a rough evening.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Hot smoking loin bacon after a 3hr cold smoke. Love my new toy.

canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    HeavyG said:
    The back heel was a killer.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Acn said:
    HeavyG said:

First one I've ever seen!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,151
    HeavyG said:
    Acn said:
    HeavyG said:

First one I've ever seen!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Last time we went there my wife got a lobster roll, we sat down on the rock wall across the street at the beach and my wife lifts her lobster roll up to her face and a seagull swooped in and took all the lobster out of it. It got a good portion of it in its mouth, the rest fell on the ground, which the seagull came and got immediately. Evil .. pure evil.

• theyolksonyou
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Last time we went there my wife got a lobster roll, we sat down on the rock wall across the street at the beach and my wife lifts her lobster roll up to her face and a seagull swooped in and took all the lobster out of it. It got a good portion of it in its mouth, the rest fell on the ground, which the seagull came and got immediately. Evil .. pure evil.

My boss dropped his entire kiddie ice cream.  For those who don’t know, the kiddie is pictured above. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Currently at the Galley Hatch having a desert of Clam chowder.  Our second time today.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    Ybabpmuts said:

Flying Rats
  • JohnInCarolina
    Ybabpmuts said:

I seem to recall one of these “shock jock” type radio guys going down to the shore and feeding alka seltzer to seagulls one day, during his radio show.  Apparently that makes them explode, just like pigeons.  Or it makes it so that they get so bloated they can’t take off.  One of those.

He had another one of his crew walking around with a pair of bricks, clapping the heads of the seagulls together, to put them out of their misery. They figured all of this would probably get the PETA people upset, so they did the obvious thing and … cooked the seagulls up and fed them to the local homeless.  

Thought you’d appreciate that one.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    The alka seltzer thing is a real deal.  Been many decades since witnessing that...that's extent of any further comments on @JohnInCarolina 's post above.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Ybabpmuts said:

I seem to recall one of these “shock jock” type radio guys going down to the shore and feeding alka seltzer to seagulls one day, during his radio show.  Apparently that makes them explode, just like pigeons.  Or it makes it so that they get so bloated they can’t take off.  One of those.

He had another one of his crew walking around with a pair of bricks, clapping the heads of the seagulls together, to put them out of their misery. They figured all of this would probably get the PETA people upset, so they did the obvious thing and … cooked the seagulls up and fed them to the local homeless.  

Thought you’d appreciate that one.  
    That needed a NSFW tag.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    I was riding up a highway with the HAFB motorcycle club, and a seagull flew up in front of me, to my left.  I made a fist and swung at it, just barely glanced it and it felt like I broke my wrist.  
    At the next gas stop I was greeted with lots of laughter and high-fives (with my right hand).  Except for one guy's wife, she never spoke to me again.   :|  Wrist hurt for a week.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    I was riding up a highway with the HAFB motorcycle club, and a seagull flew up in front of me, to my left.  I made a fist and swung at it, just barely glanced it and it felt like I broke my wrist.  
    At the next gas stop I was greeted with lots of laughter and high-fives (with my right hand).  Except for one guy's wife, she never spoke to me again.   :|  Wrist hurt for a week.  
    Did you accidentally your friends wife?  Is that why your wrist hurt?

• Ozzie_Isaac
    I am getting ready for work tomorrow.  Did not win the Mega Millions.

• You know what comes after such encounters, don’t you?

• JohnInCarolina
    But guys … birds aren’t real.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Currently at the Galley Hatch having a desert of Clam chowder.  Our second time today.  
    I almost mentioned the Galley Hatch to you. For years they were consistently great with their food, and the dessert selection is phenomenal there, but the last two times we went, we were disappointed with the food and service, so I didn't mention it. The time before that I went with a group of 12 people and we sat in the pub. An older women, seemingly well past retirement age was our waitress. She joked with us a bit, and didn't write a single thing down when we ordered, and we went full on with drinks, appatizers, desserts etc. She didn't forget a single damned thing the whole night. When we got our bill we double checked it, sure she had forgotten to put something down, but it was all there. I think we tipped her 40% that night, well deserved.
  • theyolksonyou
    Ybabpmuts said:
    I almost mentioned the Galley Hatch to you. For years they were consistently great with their food, and the dessert selection is phenomenal there, but the last two times we went, we were disappointed with the food and service, so I didn't mention it. The time before that I went with a group of 12 people and we sat in the pub. An older women, seemingly well past retirement age was our waitress. She joked with us a bit, and didn't write a single thing down when we ordered, and we went full on with drinks, appatizers, desserts etc. She didn't forget a single damned thing the whole night. When we got our bill we double checked it, sure she had forgotten to put something down, but it was all there. I think we tipped her 40% that night, well deserved.
    Lunch service ran a little long, but the food was really good.  Very tasty clam chowda