Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Found some crack in a crack today. That was fun. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    He is from France!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459

• Found some crack in a crack today. That was fun. 
    Hopefully, the second “crack” of which you speak did not belong to a human. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    ColtsFan said:
    This is the way

The way to the leader?
    Without dancing on the third rail, what you are witnessing above is "The way, the truth and the light."  So, embrace and go forth!  B)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I almost never use a credit card but I did to buy some plane tickets last spring because I did not want my debit card floating around the United Airlines multiverse.  And with good reason, for a few months they were hitting me with random inflight beer charges like one a month.

Today I get a alert that my credit score dropped below 800 and its apparently because I finally got monthly $8 beer charges caught up and zero balanced my card.

So my credit score drops because my credit card is paid off. Makes sense. If I did not have a mortgage my score would probably be 0. My banker said that is not possible but I plan to prove her wrong some day.
    I had zero credit when buying my house. I never owned a credit card up to that point. I remember the banker saying, "You have zero credit. I guess that's better than having bad credit." Pretty scary what the bank will loan you for a house even when you have zero credit. 
    Pretty good reasons for that.  First of all the interest rate they’ll give you.  Second thing is what happens if you end up not being able to pay your mortgage and end up defaulting: usually the bank gets the house if you don’t have another means to pay them off.  No matter what they typically get their money and then some.  

Banks make their money. I was fortunate to get locked in under 3% interest rate and purchased our house coming out of the last housing crash. I'd hate to be in the house market within the last few years. 
    Generally speaking when you have a zero credit score you’re not able to get all that great an interest rate.  I’m guessing in your case there were several other factors at play here.
    Not true on a mortgage. Manual underwriting is very common, you just have to go to a bank that knows how to bank.  But they want you to believe you can’t do anything without worshiping the fico.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,151
    edited July 2022
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I almost never use a credit card but I did to buy some plane tickets last spring because I did not want my debit card floating around the United Airlines multiverse.  And with good reason, for a few months they were hitting me with random inflight beer charges like one a month.

Today I get a alert that my credit score dropped below 800 and its apparently because I finally got monthly $8 beer charges caught up and zero balanced my card.

So my credit score drops because my credit card is paid off. Makes sense. If I did not have a mortgage my score would probably be 0. My banker said that is not possible but I plan to prove her wrong some day.
    I had zero credit when buying my house. I never owned a credit card up to that point. I remember the banker saying, "You have zero credit. I guess that's better than having bad credit." Pretty scary what the bank will loan you for a house even when you have zero credit. 
    Pretty good reasons for that.  First of all the interest rate they’ll give you.  Second thing is what happens if you end up not being able to pay your mortgage and end up defaulting: usually the bank gets the house if you don’t have another means to pay them off.  No matter what they typically get their money and then some.  

Banks make their money. I was fortunate to get locked in under 3% interest rate and purchased our house coming out of the last housing crash. I'd hate to be in the house market within the last few years. 
    Generally speaking when you have a zero credit score you’re not able to get all that great an interest rate.  I’m guessing in your case there were several other factors at play here.
    Not true on a mortgage. Manual underwriting is very common, you just have to go to a bank that knows how to bank.  But they want you to believe you can’t do anything without worshiping the fico.
    I think we are saying the same thing: financially he was in a plenty healthy position to pay off the loan.  That’s what I meant by “other factors”.  

So in the end it’s not actually all that scary what a bank would loan him.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Ate a bowl of Yaksha Thenthuk.  Glad I got to try it, but will not try it again.  This might be part of the reason Tibetan food has not taken the world by storm.  The Mo-Mo (dumplings) were excellent.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Rear or front?
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Rear or front?
    Lol!  I assumed it was like in a crack in the wall, a bench, or the sidewalk.  I am guessing now, it is none of those.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I think we are saying the same thing: financially he was in a plenty healthy position to pay off the loan.  That’s what I meant by “other factors”.  

So in the end it’s not actually all that scary what a bank would loan him.
    Agree, I left out my point though and that is you can get competitive rates with manual underwriting.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Rear or front?
    It was in the (paging @SGH) anus. Luckily I didn’t have to personally retrieve it. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Rear or front?
    Lol!  I assumed it was like in a crack in the wall, a bench, or the sidewalk.  I am guessing now, it is none of those.
    Haha, it sailed right over me too, until I saw @GrateEggspectations ‘  post.
    canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    Rear or front?
    It was in the (paging @SGH) anus. Luckily I didn’t have to personally retrieve it. 
    I guess (didn’t want to use assume) the criminal was a formerly incarcerated felon. Can you imagine the K9 “I’m not sticking my nose there).
  • Found some crack in a crack today. That was fun. 
    Rear or front?
    Haha, it sailed right over me too, until I saw @GrateEggspectations ‘  post.
    I am glad that every now and then, I am able to muster a thin veneer of intellect.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    Damn Indiana humidity. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    WeberWho said:

Banks are doing very well.  The US government delayed evictions and made it so a person could also delay their mortgage payments.

This is causing two things:
    1. People are now on the hook for an immediate 18months of mortgage payments or they will be foreclosed on.  Home prices are at historic highs so banks are getting significantly appreciated assets.  Then they sell the home, pocket the difference, and have a new "homeowner" in the house with a much higher rate.
    2. If homeowners renegotiate, the bank tacks on rhe delinquent payments to the end of the mortgage and collect 20 years of interest on those missed payments.

Either way, bankers always get their money.  Some get it two or three times.

they are always ahead in the game.they start it with 20 percent down or you pay insurance on the mortgage. they cant lose
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,593
    ColbyLang said:
    Researching hair loss treatments. Who knew 40 could be so fun. My dermatologist burst my ego yesterday when she asked if I realized I was thinning on the crown of my head. Thanks Doc

40 is fun, so far 50 has been a blast.....
    When I was 30, I wished I was 20 again. When I was 40, I wished I was 30 again. When I turn 50, I'll wish I was 40 again ... see where I'm going with this?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    ColbyLang said:
    Researching hair loss treatments. Who knew 40 could be so fun. My dermatologist burst my ego yesterday when she asked if I realized I was thinning on the crown of my head. Thanks Doc

40 is fun, so far 50 has been a blast.....
    When I was 30, I wished I was 20 again. When I was 40, I wished I was 30 again. When I turn 50, I'll wish I was 40 again ... see where I'm going with this?

at 60 im going to wish i was 70 and retired
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Remember, when at the 40 mark you can reasonably convince yourself you still have more time in front of you.  Beyond that it's all a downhill ride.  And an occasional off the cliff surprise.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    At two I wished I wouldn’t pee in my pants, I’ll have to rub the magic lamp for the same wish again before long 😂
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Just left court. DUI that was supposed to go to trail this morning. Defendant saw the cops show up and took the deal. Full fines and conditions with suspended jail time. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    Menards will hire piano players to come in and play music while shopping. Usually it's "real" piano music. This guy today was playing all kinds of music. He started with Guns and Roses and when I leaving he was playing Still D.R.E. which was awesome. I recorded him playing Still D.R.E but too much work to upload here. I almost wanted to stay and see what he was going to play next. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2022
    Haven't made a pork butt in awhile so on it went this morning. Also found those Martins Potato Rolls at the local Kroger. Haven't seen them down here before.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,945
    @TEXASBGE2018 - Our local Publix stocks the type of rolls you bought at Kroger as well as many other of Martin's products, both potato and butter bread. The hoagie rolls are great with sausage.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    Just left court. DUI that was supposed to go to trail this morning. Defendant saw the cops show up and took the deal. Full fines and conditions with suspended jail time. 
    I am sure jail time would be the least preferred option by at least an order of magnitude.  I get that our penal system is overcrowded for many reasons.  Perhaps we should move on to a separate jail offering for those who should serve 30 days or less, but do a number on their man or (to capture it all) womanhood-such as community bathrooms (stalls with no doors), community showers and otherwise reduce challenge their personal being.  
    No psych here but I'm sure focusing on intrinsic personal characteristics has been analyzed ad nauseam.  Perhaps time to resurrect.  
    Remember, I am old, have a lawn and it is Friday eve.
    Above all, stay safe out there.  
  • Battleborn
    lousubcap said:
    I am sure jail time would be the least preferred option by at least an order of magnitude.  I get that our penal system is overcrowded for many reasons.  Perhaps we should move on to a separate jail offering for those who should serve 30 days or less, but do a number on their man or (to capture it all) womanhood-such as community bathrooms (stalls with no doors), community showers and otherwise reduce challenge their personal being.  
    No psych here but I'm sure focusing on intrinsic personal characteristics has been analyzed ad nauseam.  Perhaps time to resurrect.  
    Remember, I am old, have a lawn and it is Friday eve.
    Above all, stay safe out there.  
    Luckily the DA got the best possible deal. Maximum sentencing guidelines with only the jail time suspended. The body cam footage would have sunk her case. The only shot she had would have been me and my partner not showing up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Headed into a weekend where 5 of 7 employees are out for various reasons.  Pre planned vacations, last minute opportunity, etc.  I can't let this happen again.  Luckily I have some previous employees/friends that are coming in clutch in this situation.  Also, I have been kid0-free since Sunday.  All 8 come back from camp tomorrow.  Blessing and a curse.  Some work for me which will be good.  I do miss them but its bad timing.  :-)  Bring on the winter!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    kl8ton said:
    Headed into a weekend where 5 of 7 employees are out for various reasons.  Pre planned vacations, last minute opportunity, etc.  I can't let this happen again.  Luckily I have some previous employees/friends that are coming in clutch in this situation.  Also, I have been kid0-free since Sunday.  All 8 come back from camp tomorrow.  Blessing and a curse.  Some work for me which will be good.  I do miss them but its bad timing.  :-)  Bring on 

I told an employee once “you want to go tell John that he will be doing your job also?”. When you have 3 employees assigned to your project and really need 5 it bites sometimes.