Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton said:
    Headed into a weekend where 5 of 7 employees are out for various reasons.  Pre planned vacations, last minute opportunity, etc.  I can't let this happen again.  Luckily I have some previous employees/friends that are coming in clutch in this situation.  Also, I have been kid0-free since Sunday.  All 8 come back from camp tomorrow.  Blessing and a curse.  Some work for me which will be good.  I do miss them but its bad timing.  :-)  Bring on the winter!
    Go suck a lemon! 😉

You have 8?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    Gulfcoastguy said:
    I told an employee once “you want to go tell John that he will be doing your job also?”. When you have 3 employees assigned to your project and really need 5 it bites sometimes.
    You're cruel.  And, I bet, a very effective manager!   :D  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    edited July 2022
    Stopped by the local BBQ place after dinner to get some peach cobbler.  They were out for the 2nd night in a row.  Oh well, the Apple Cobbler is still good, but not as good as the peach cobbler.

Also, hit $69.97 today on a $71 per diem.  So I have that going for me.  When I travel with the business boys, they scoff at the idea of a per diem, but then you have to deal with business boys.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    Botch said:
    Gulfcoastguy said:
    I told an employee once “you want to go tell John that he will be doing your job also?”. When you have 3 employees assigned to your project and really need 5 it bites sometimes.
    You're cruel.  And, I bet, a very effective manager!   :D  
    I used to hate fall, it’s hunting season and Bama football season. To make it clear I wasn’t threatening his employment just pointing out what a giant problem he was causing. Some projects were 10 miles long with activities needing inspection at several different locations, often at the same time. I was happy with the people who texted in their “I’m sick” because I had a record of when I was notified “Fridays and Mondays only?”
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    Planning and starting a purchase/packing list for a boundary waters trip beginning of September. Never been, but going with a 9x veteran of the area so should be a good time.  
    I spent a lot of time up there when I was stationed at Grand Forks.  Beautiful area.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    bought a mega millions ticket.....need a bigger boat
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Bout to light the XL for bourbon night. Pepper Stout Beef. Pork belly ends, a charcuterie board, and a cheesecake…….promises to suck
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Just don't park it in your front lawn.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @lousubcap thought you might find this of interest.  I am on some watch forums and a person posted this.  Their '89 Submariner was damaged when the USS Connecticut hit a seamount last year.  Notice the damage to the cyclops.

• fishlessman

i might not ever even have a front lawn again.......
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

I would have a front lawn.  It would be a minimum of 5 miles from any property I didn't own though.

• fishlessman

I would have a front lawn.  It would be a minimum of 5 miles from any property I didn't own though.

5 miles of private beach might work, i dont like the smell or noise of cutting grass. that would be my first house while looking for the dream houses
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    @Ozzie_Isaac I have been out of the business too long for sure.  Dang- wearing one of those at sea-just asking for it taking a few hits independent of the wayward sea mount.  Thanks for the pic.
    You pull the trigger for yours??

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    ColbyLang said:
    Bout to light the XL for bourbon night. Pepper Stout Beef. Pork belly ends, a charcuterie board, and a cheesecake…….promises to suck
    Great lineup right there.  I fully expect to see the real bourbon night stars posted on the drinking thread if you can remember while enjoying LEO.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    kl8ton said:
    Headed into a weekend where 5 of 7 employees are out for various reasons.  Pre planned vacations, last minute opportunity, etc.  I can't let this happen again.  Luckily I have some previous employees/friends that are coming in clutch in this situation.  Also, I have been kid0-free since Sunday.  All 8 come back from camp tomorrow.  Blessing and a curse.  Some work for me which will be good.  I do miss them but its bad timing.  :-)  Bring on the winter!
    Go suck a lemon! 😉

You have 8?
    Right now we have 8. 4 Biologically ours, 2 adopted, 2 Foster.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac I have been out of the business too long for sure.  Dang- wearing one of those at sea-just asking for it taking a few hits independent of the wayward sea mount.  Thanks for the pic.
    You pull the trigger for yours??

I have tried.  Visited ADs in Arizona and Lad Vegas.  I am on many waiting lists, but they seem rarer than hens teeth.  I refuse to pay grey market prices.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Menu planning for the week

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    Yesterday Angie was bored and decided to revisit the "you have too many books" ongoing saga we have.  Really comes down to I need another bookcase, it's not a problem of too many books.  While sorting/rearranging my stacks the book "Longitude", amongst others, got moved to a new spot.  The topic deals with the place of timepieces in determining location while at sea.  If unaware of the book you may find some interest in the historical aspect of the watchmakers in the tale.
    Note that it is a bit of a dark read.
    Further note, no books left the house.  🙂

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    I would be afraid to count how many books are in my house.  We’ve donated many, many and there are still many, many more.  
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815

Smoking brats and rye whisky

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fishlessman
    Dog just caught a Mallard duck in the yard by himself. Cammand to let it go. Softest mouth I've ever seen on a bird dog. Duck got to the river, he still had to follow
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    DuckDogDr said:
    Working on an urn for a buddy. Almost done

That's just beautiful.  I've done two so far. A stainless beer Stein for grandpa and a hydraulic cylinder for my dad's friend who fixed them for a living. The cylinder had seven bolts to seal it, one for each grand child. It was a request. He is buried next to a rock with all the dogs he had over the years
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    dbCooper said:
    Yesterday Angie was bored and decided to revisit the "you have too many books" ongoing saga we have.  Really comes down to I need another bookcase, it's not a problem of too many books.  While sorting/rearranging my stacks the book "Longitude", amongst others, got moved to a new spot.  The topic deals with the place of timepieces in determining location while at sea.  If unaware of the book you may find some interest in the historical aspect of the watchmakers in the tale.
    Note that it is a bit of a dark read.
    Further note, no books left the house.  🙂

Thank you for pointing me towards an interesting read.  I will definitely check it out.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    DuckDogDr said:
    Working on an urn for a buddy. Almost done

Beautiful and unique urn.  Is your buddy already dead, or is he preparing?

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    So I’m going to a music festival tomorrow and my oldest son has talked my youngest son into going fishing with him in my stead.  I think that’s fvcking awesome. The youngest does not like spinner rod fishing, has never been fly fishing. 
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 395
    My 13 year old just beat me at 8 ball for the first time ever. I scratched shooting the 8 in the first game but he beat me outright on the second to take 2 out of 3. Proud of him but also feeling old.