Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Wif is out of town so Brats on the egg and a Saturday bath. 
    Some tunes in the basement (NO, I want turn it DOWN) Lunch a bit later…..

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459

Waiting on GRPA state finals to start
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354

Enjoy the show. It’s going to be a hot one. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited July 2022

Enjoy the show. It’s going to be a hot one. 
    Thanks!
    There is a great breeze off the lake right now. We will be in the shade also.  It was a serious concern for a while. 

Check that, apparently we are down on the field. This could be brutal! 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 776
    PSA: you can be many things in life. DONT be the arsehole that buys their 16 year old a $60,000 Ford Bronco for their first car and then doesn't teach them how to properly park. Picture won't load but the little turd parked at about a 30 degree angle thus not allowing anyone to park on either side of him in a parking lot with too few spots.
    It is probably how they were taught to park.  Dad probably drives a Ferrari.
    In my younger days I was in a parking lot for a business that was full. There was a BMW that had very apparently intentionally double parked. I squeezed in on their driver's side and my girlfriend crawled out my driver's side. It's not something I'm necessarily proud of, but it does still make me laugh. At least they had plenty of room to get in on their passenger side 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    edited July 2022
    Elijah said:
    PSA: you can be many things in life. DONT be the arsehole that buys their 16 year old a $60,000 Ford Bronco for their first car and then doesn't teach them how to properly park. Picture won't load but the little turd parked at about a 30 degree angle thus not allowing anyone to park on either side of him in a parking lot with too few spots.
    It is probably how they were taught to park.  Dad probably drives a Ferrari.
    In my younger days I was in a parking lot for a business that was full. There was a BMW that had very apparently intentionally double parked. I squeezed in on their driver's side and my girlfriend crawled out my driver's side. It's not something I'm necessarily proud of, but it does still make me laugh. At least they had plenty of room to get in on their passenger side 
    Those cars used to be targets for us in highschool.  We all loved cars and never damaged any of them.  We were very cautious, but if we saw them upfront double parked we would squeeze in, even of it meant being on a curb.  If they parked far away and double parked, we left them alone.  Just the pricks who parked close.

I am glad I have grown out of that phase of my life.  No need to right every injustice I see.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Just found out I get to spend next week in Durango, CO on business.  I have not missed business travel.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,155
    Just found out I get to spend next week in Durango, CO on business.  I have not missed business travel.
    There are far worse places to be my man.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    edited July 2022
    This.  I’m headed to NH. 

Nothing against NH never been.  I know I like CO
  • JohnInCarolina
    This.  I’m headed to NH. 

Where in NH?
  • theyolksonyou
    This.  I’m headed to NH. 

Where in NH?
    Hampton
  • JohnInCarolina
    This.  I’m headed to NH. 

Where in NH?
    Hampton
    That is a pretty strange destination for work travel.  Hampton is ok - there are some decent spots along the water, but it’s far from the best of what NH has to offer.

You get up into the White Mountains and NH is a lot like Colorado.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,789
    seasoning a new 14"wok in the oven with grape seed oil @ 450° for 20 minutes, will do many times
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    Elijah said:
    I'm proud of you!  I always did the same thing (although, um, you should let your GF out of the car first and then park ;) )  I also miss the old-style tire-valve caps that had the fork built-in, to screw out the valve's core and let the air out of their tires.  I did two (they probably had a spare) and made sure to leave the cores and caps close to the tire so they didn't have to buy new.  

The reason this world is filling up with **** is because the rest of us look the other way and don't say anything.  That needs to stop.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• theyolksonyou
    This.  I’m headed to NH. 

Where in NH?
    Hampton
    That is a pretty strange destination for work travel.  Hampton is ok - there are some decent spots along the water, but it’s far from the best of what NH has to offer.

It’s not odd if that’s where your customers are
  • JohnInCarolina
    This.  I’m headed to NH. 

Where in NH?
    Hampton

It’s not odd if that’s where your customers are
    I just meant compared to where most business travel is in NH, such as Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth or Concord.  
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 776
    Botch said:
    Elijah said:
    I'm proud of you!  I always did the same thing (although, um, you should let your GF out of the car first and then park ;) )  I also miss the old-style tire-valve caps that had the fork built-in, to screw out the valve's core and let the air out of their tires.  I did two (they probably had a spare) and made sure to leave the cores and caps close to the tire so they didn't have to buy new.  

The reason this world is filling up with **** is because the rest of us look the other way and don't say anything.  That needs to stop.  
    I guess that's why it was a girlfriend and not future wife 😁
  • Furiously investigating if this is situation near the hybrids is copacetic or if it’s better to start global thermonuclear war. Long term belief structure possibly hinges on getting a Mr Stripey this year.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Furiously investigating if this is situation near the hybrids is copacetic or if it’s better to start global thermonuclear war. Long term belief structure possibly hinges on getting a Mr Stripey this year.

It is a lizard.  Motion will scare them away, but I recommend you keep them.  They eat bugs.

• Oh yes — this is not an investigation of typical behaviors of the species.  This is mano a mano on anole different level. 
  • theyolksonyou
    You ain’t seen nothin yet
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    When you hit the big 4O threshold you can reasonably think more than half of your life is in front of you.  When you hit the next O number-you are definitely on the downhill slide.
    Enjoy it as you definitely are.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    lousubcap said:
    When you hit the big 4O threshold you can reasonably think more than half of your life is in front of you.  When you hit the next O number-you are definitely on the downhill slide.
    Enjoy it as you definitely are.  
    Welp, Frank has ruined my night.  Next 0 lap ends soon. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    To ease the pain give this a listen. B)   You may want to acquire some super power.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-opxZJvIZ0 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.