Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    shtgunal3 said:
    Not a bad 1st inning, if you are an NL fan.
    Blue Jays fan here, what a double play!
    canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    shtgunal3 said:
    Not a bad 1st inning, if you are an NL fan.
    Blue Jays fan here, what a double play!
    That was an awesome play!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Listening to the youngest trying to learn “never going back again” on the guitar.  Getting close, but that song is torture to learn.  I wouldn’t even try. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Yep, takes me back to being on the beat around the less salubrious parts of Brighton.  A fairly routine 'nothing to see here' situation for Brits in the sun.
    However, we're back to rain and mid-70's temp today, so the Summer has been and gone already.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Heard on the radio only 5% of homes in England have AC? That’s brutal, can’t blame the bin dude 😂
    For the 1% of days in the year we possibly need it, I'd say that's way out of whack. 
    Opening a window is sufficient for most of the 'Summer'.  Layering on clothes and sealing the house to prevent rain joining us on the inside for the other 50 weeks a year. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,596
    Trying to watch the all star game, but they don’t seem to actually want to play a game…
    TV Land -Everybody Loves Raymond…..and a Peach Cobbler just off the Egg. 
    @northGAcock   Robin I have been waiting awhile to say this to you.... love me some peach  cobbler.......Gawjus!!!!  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • MasterC said:
    Very sad, a young man barricaded himself in the home after shooting his young wife.
    Domestic fight. Wife went to neighbors across the street,  husband followed and shot her at their front door. He commented suicide during the stand off. Sadly this happens way to often.
    Something similar happened here last weekend.  Except it was the estranged ex wife who went to her ex husbands house, shot and killed the new wife, shot the ex husband but didn't kill him, then killed herself.  All this while their 2 young children were in the house.  Thankfully not harmed.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    edited July 2022
    Catching up on laundry. On Saturday my 13 year old Frigidaire branded Electrolux washer from Sears crapped out with a load of towels sitting in water. Got online at Best Buy and ordered a larger Samsung washer and delivery was set for Tuesday morning. No problem. Until 12:30 Tuesday morning when the power went out to our neighborhood. PG&E texted that the power would be back by 4 am. Then texted 6 am. Then texted noon, 3 pm,  11 pm, and 5 am  today. Actually came on at 3:12 am. 

We had one of our small camping generators running the refrigerator, so we didn't lose anything. I think PG&E should give rebates for the inconvenience. They are incompetent. 
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ongoing organization 
    edited July 2022
    AirBNB for your pools!  What a crazy world we live in.  Interwebz and gig economy is changing all aspects.  We should make an app for our cooking spaces.

https://swimply.com/

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,157
    AirBNB for your pools!  What a crazy world we live in.  Interwebz and gig economy is changing all aspects.  We should make an app for our cooking spaces.

What a time to be alive…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Trying to watch the all star game, but they don’t seem to actually want to play a game…
    TV Land -Everybody Loves Raymond…..and a Peach Cobbler just off the Egg. 
    @northGAcock   Robin I have been waiting awhile to say this to you.... love me some peach  cobbler.......Gawjus!!!!  
    Retired and living in Ellijay GA. Life is good my friend. Hope the same for you and family. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou

For rent: one large egg, one minimax, one propane griddle, one propane deep fryer and 50sqft of concrete(partially shaded in the late afternoon only. Lump charcoal and propane not included, no restrooms)

wonder what I could get for that an hour?

• Just landed in Denver. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    Hopefully you were on the correct flight   B)
    Safe travels-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228

For rent: one large egg, one minimax, one propane griddle, one propane deep fryer and 50sqft of concrete(partially shaded in the late afternoon only. Lump charcoal and propane not included, no restrooms)

wonder what I could get for that an hour?
    I was checking out local ads, looks like a simple gas grill runs an extra $35/hr if you are already renting the pool.

• theyolksonyou
    No pool here, but we get a spectacular puddle at the end of the driveway if it rains hard. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766

@Ozzie_Isaac, think your homeowners insurance would be down with you renting your pool for 3 hours for my sons birthday party? Can you imagine the liability? 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,947
    Yno said:
    Catching up on laundry. On Saturday my 13 year old Frigidaire branded Electrolux washer from Sears crapped out with a load of towels sitting in water. Got online at Best Buy and ordered a larger Samsung washer and delivery was set for Tuesday morning. No problem. Until 12:30 Tuesday morning when the power went out to our neighborhood. PG&E texted that the power would be back by 4 am. Then texted 6 am. Then texted noon, 3 pm,  11 pm, and 5 am  today. Actually came on at 3:12 am. 

We had one of our small camping generators running the refrigerator, so we didn't lose anything. I think PG&E should give rebates for the inconvenience. They are incompetent. 
    @Yno - more than incompeten. Had a Pacific Gas and Electric Power Panel with PGE circuit breakers which were a known fire hazard. Replaced the whole unit as soon as financially possible. Also remember, Silkwood? That was PG%E dumping chemicals in the ground.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    ColbyLang said:

@Ozzie_Isaac, think your homeowners insurance would be down with you renting your pool for 3 hours for my sons birthday party? Can you imagine the liability? 
    My friends are free to use it whenever they want.  You are welcome to have your son's party here gratis.

The homeowners insurance bit seems fraught with problems.  I do wonder how that works, especially since AirBNB is notorious for denying claims and homeowners insurance won't touch damage because it was commercial use.  Same with Uber drivers.

I bet a person could do well if they created insurance for gig uses of property and items like cars.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    If a insurance company won’t touch it, what does that tell you?Ozzie_Isaac said:
    ColbyLang said:

My friends are free to use it whenever they want.  You are welcome to have your son's party here gratis.

The homeowners insurance bit seems fraught with problems.  I do wonder how that works, especially since AirBNB is notorious for denying claims and homeowners insurance won't touch damage because it was commercial use.  Same with Uber drivers.

I bet a person could do well if they created insurance for gig uses of property and items like cars.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    ColbyLang said:

I appreciate the free use brother! My point was about the non payment of claims by STR companies and Uber/Lyft
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Go big.  HS and college graduations. Frat party. Weddings, both straight and...         
    Loyd's of London not us ins.   Your property is really unique 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357

Perhaps more crazy than you imagine.  Here's a listing in my region that comes with a optional pig... https://swimply.com/pooldetails/13030

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    ColbyLang said:

Swimply provides coverage:

Worry-free $1,000,000 insurance policy provided

We are thrilled to provide the peace of mind that our hosts will be taken care of. Our Swimply Insurance Policy protects all bookings done via Swimply for up to $1 million for general liability claims and $10,000 of property protection per occurrence.

I'm also guessing that whenever someone signs up to rent a pool via Swimply they are probably also signing some sort of hold harmless/indemnity agreement.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Flat spotted the cheap wheels, welded on some heavy duty MFers