Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:
    Here's a bit more on Soto and his contract:
    "The proposed extension, which Rosenthal reported did not include any deferred money, would take Soto through his age-38 season and be the richest contract in AL/NL history, topping Mike Trout's $426.5 million contract with the Angels from 2019. However, it would be the 20th-largest contract in baseball history in terms of annual average value.

This is not the first time contract extension talks have been reported in advance of Soto’s free agency. ESPN’s Enrique Rojas reported this past offseason Washington had offered Soto a 13-year deal worth $350 million. While it is not uncommon for star players to be linked in this level of buzz, Soto is experiencing it at 23 years old."

Soto is good, but not worth Mike Trout money.
    But is Mike Trout worth Mike Trout money?
    Hmm, that is actually a great question.  To the Angels?  No, he isn't.  They need more than him.and Shoei.
    Hard to build a team around a $426 million contract. They didn't learn there lesson with Pujols. Ohtani contract will be crazy but it won't be with the Angels. Ohtani will be 29-30 years old when he signs his next contract. I bet his contract will be for 4-5 years at $50+ million/year. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    lousubcap said:
    The $$ the Angels pay Trout are to keep him on the roster.  He is worth more in eyeball revenue in several markets but the owner realizes what he has.  Ohtani is in his first contract.  As valuable as he is as a player, his upside from a marketing perspective is unlimited, again in the right market.  
    Good 'ol George Steinbrenner woulda paid dearly for the great great grand-son of Babe.  
    Yep
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    edited July 2022

taking heavily wooded acreage into a view like that is no easy feat.. that picture is a thing of beauty.. 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Hmmm. Calculator app is wanting to be updated on my phone.  I find this highly suspicious. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    edited July 2022
    kl8ton said:
    Hmmm. Calculator app is wanting to be updated on my phone.  I find this highly suspicious. 
    Probably updating to "common core".  Now you just need to input 57 different steps to get arithmetic answers.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    Probably updating to "common core".  Now you just need to input 57 different steps to get arithmetic answers.
    If it requires a password to start the calculator after this . . . 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    kl8ton said:

maybe the battery will last longer if the answer is close enough verse accurate
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You could have whacked it with a stick to get it spinning @The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Yeah- when it’s 105 for the foreseeable future and guests are in my house and I’m out of town,  “whacking with a stick” is not on my radar lol. Plus, I would have to know it was a capacitor to know to whack it with a stick. And what a capacitor looks like… I think you get the picture. 
    Lol I heard that. More of a PSA I guess, if your ac doesn’t work and the fan is not spinning outside or the air handler fan inside you can try to tap the fan blades with something to get them spinning, this might buy you some time until you can get a capacitor.
    If you do that (and I have) turn the thermostat down where the unit just stays on indefinitely because if it cycles and you aren’t there to jump the fan, only bad things can happen.
    Meanwhile be prepared for shrinkage with the system going 24/7.  At some point, hopefully after the summer you can roll til 2023.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    Happy and safe travels for your daughter 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @JohnInCarolina - Those Corollas are extremely reliable until the track record for teens kicks in. 
    We acquired one and our older (by 4 years and change) did a fender bender with off road obstacles (aka ditch) at low speed (did not pop any air bag).  4 years later his brother had a similar crash, no air bag pop.  Of note, the repair costs had significantly escalated.  
    Then the sandwich event-youngest, close of college senior year, he and the car became the middle car in a three way rear-end event.  Car was totaled by insurance with 145K miles on the clock.  
    Around all that were the requisite rite of passage speeding tix.
    Sleep well.  😁
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    Vehicle for the daughter has been purchased. We found a 2020 Corolla with low miles we liked.  

Still managed to spend three hours at the dealership despite walking in knowing exactly what we wanted and how much we were willing to pay for it.  First world problems I guess.
    I don't understand how they make it take that long!  Maddening.  They walk around bored all day until you walk in the door.  Gotcha.  I've been working on a obtaining a small construction loan for improvements here and Huntington sure knows how to make things take FOREVER.  We are about to celebrate our 3 month anniversary of me trying to get this thing.  My branch manager told me it would take about 2 days initially.  Construction is done and the company is pissed they do not have payment yet.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,161
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - Those Corollas are extremely reliable until the track record for teens kicks in. 
    We acquired one and our older (by 4 years and change) did a fender bender with off road obstacles (aka ditch) at low speed (did not pop any air bag).  4 years later his brother had a similar crash, no air bag pop.  Of note, the repair costs had significantly escalated.  
    Then the sandwich event-youngest, close of college senior year, he and the car became the middle car in a three way rear-end event.  Car was totaled by insurance with 145K miles on the clock.  
    Sleep well.  😁
    JFC Frank!  lol

I will say that we fully expect her to get into a few fender benders starting out.  That seems to be par for the course with most of our friends and the young drivers.  She is definitely a better driver than I was at her age though, and I never got into an accident in my teens.  Plenty of speeding tickets though ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Vehicle for the daughter has been purchased. We found a 2020 Corolla with low miles we liked.  

Still managed to spend three hours at the dealership despite walking in knowing exactly what we wanted and how much we were willing to pay for it.  First world problems I guess.
    That's quick. Took three days before I actually knew I bought my last one. They went the nothing signed route. Just it's yours which made no sense
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Sleep well.  😁
    JFC Frank!  lol

I will say that we fully expect her to get into a few fender benders starting out.  That seems to be par for the course with most of our friends and the young drivers.  She is definitely a better driver than I was at her age though, and I never got into an accident in my teens.  Plenty of speeding tickets though ;)
    Totaled truck (manual Tacoma 😓) with only 1600 miles on the odometer.  Other persons fault.  Luckily nobody was hurt and we made about $3k on the deal after insurance paid out.  Including tax, title, license, window tint, etx.

Then 87 in a 45. 😡, he took a class online and ticket went away.  He was grounded longer than the state even cared.

Now we have Life360 on his phone.  9miles over is his max speed, beyond that he looses the car for 2 weeks.  So far (12 months) he only violated that once.  Turned out he was in his friends new Camaro.  He was suitably pissed off at his friend because he got a call immediately and had to come home.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    @JohnInCarolina  ‘Corolla’ is the word for car in Kabul. They comprise about 95% of the vehicles on the road there.  Virtually indestructible.  
    But that was in 2014, who knows what goes on there now.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @Ozzie_Isaac - "Then 87 in a 45. 😡, he took a class online and ticket went away.  He was grounded longer than the state even cared."  Dang- that is incredibly lenient.  Put those numbers up here and the car will be impounded and you get a ride to the slammer.  Good lawyer and an appearance before a judge.  
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    Sleep well.  😁
    JFC Frank!  lol

Totaled truck (manual Tacoma 😓) with only 1600 miles on the odometer.  Other persons fault.  Luckily nobody was hurt and we made about $3k on the deal after insurance paid out.  Including tax, title, license, window tint, etx.

Then 87 in a 45. 😡, he took a class online and ticket went away.  He was grounded longer than the state even cared.

Now we have Life360 on his phone.  9miles over is his max speed, beyond that he looses the car for 2 weeks.  So far (12 months) he only violated that once.  Turned out he was in his friends new Camaro.  He was suitably pissed off at his friend because he got a call immediately and had to come home.

9 miles over, thats no fun......i was pulled over the first day for burning rubber. the officer was crazy pissed, told me the ticket would be mailed with a court appearance. i was good for a few months before i realized it was all a show.
    fukahwee maine

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - "Then 87 in a 45. 😡, he took a class online and ticket went away.  He was grounded longer than the state even cared."  Dang- that is incredibly lenient.  Put those numbers up here and the car will be impounded and you get a ride to the slammer.  Good lawyer and an appearance before a judge.  

Pretty interesting read that came out in the paper this week regarding traffic enforcement. 

Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    lousubcap said:

Pretty interesting read that came out in the paper this week regarding traffic enforcement. 

are you guys even giving speeding tickets, i drive the interstates from mass, thru nh, and into maine and have not even seen a cruiser in months. before covid they had a regular drug bust in maine from tipoffs and video footage in massachusetts, 6 cruisers every friday pull over a car, then everyone is wire tied, van pulls up with testing equipment...... havent seen that since covid started. theres no state police on the road other than road work duty. the drivers are basically out of control with speed and lane changing and im saying that as someone that stays at 20 mph above the limit to save gas
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    billt01 said:

taking heavily wooded acreage into a view like that is no easy feat.. that picture is a thing of beauty.. 

Yeah I appreciate the work our forefathers put in to make it all possible. This whole area was a wooded swamp until it was settled by veterans of the American Revolutionary War.  They systematically tiled and cleared every tree by hand. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    lousubcap said:

are you guys even giving speeding tickets, i drive the interstates from mass, thru nh, and into maine and have not even seen a cruiser in months. before covid they had a regular drug bust in maine from tipoffs and video footage in massachusetts, 6 cruisers every friday pull over a car, then everyone is wire tied, van pulls up with testing equipment...... havent seen that since covid started. theres no state police on the road other than road work duty. the drivers are basically out of control with speed and lane changing and im saying that as someone that stays at 20 mph above the limit to save gas
    I drove from ME to MD the weekend after the 4th and saw at least 5 ME state troopers siting in medians.  Only ones I saw the rest of the drive were already dealing with someone or cruising past me on their way to a different incident.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    edited July 2022
    Acn said:
    lousubcap said:

I drove from ME to MD the weekend after the 4th and saw at least 5 ME state troopers siting in medians.  Only ones I saw the rest of the drive were already dealing with someone or cruising past me on their way to a different incident.

only ones i see lit up are work zones and accidents, they dont bat an eye passing them at 90 in a 55 mph work zone.  before covid they drove mustangs in packs of 6,  they were pulling cars over 6 at a time. you didnt dare drive over 5 miles the limit in some areas.  average vehicle is doing well over 80 on a monday morning commute. going near tourist destinations with out of state plates has always been bad, im not seeing outofstaters getting randomly pulled over either
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    I had told him that is what would happen.  The cops didn't back me up on my threats to him.  It happened Sunday morning on his way to work at a feedlot.  He had stayed at a friends house the night before and was on the freeway frontage road pacing with traffic.  Not a soul on the frontage road so he stood out.

My son said he was very polite, respectful, and didn't lie or make excuses and owned up to it.

The cop could have written it up as criminal speeding, but he wrote it up in a way that allowed my son to take the class.

• kl8ton
    A friend of mine had a theory and it worked 3 of 4 times in his Trans Am (i was with him twice to witness this) .  25+ mph over...see cop clocking traffic.... pull over immediately.  Cop rolls up and acknowledges the immediate pull over and let's him off.  
    Grand Rapids MI