Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    It has been confirmed, I have officially made it. My family has become so damn boujee that my wife is crying about a hotel that she booked on our way back home. The only problem with this hotel is that the rooms open to the outside and it is slightly outdated. 
    Huh; I actually prefer that ('cept during a storm).  
    I always thought the difference between a motel and a hotel was that a motel was just a single story, but maybe its outside vs inside room entrances?  
    I stayed in a joint last month in Milan(work).  It had both a motel and a hotel on the same property.  The motel was hourly and had themed rooms.  🤷‍♀️
    My last band's lead singer/bassist had a very successful wife, working in the pawn industry.  They were moved to Pahrump, NV.  One residence they looked at had many rooms, all with outside entrances, no connecting hallways.  She finally said "No" when they realized it had been a brothel.   :D  
    HGTV did a series called Worst Homes in America and one entry had totally been a brothel…hot tub in the master bedroom, lots of mirrors and glitter, security cameras everywhere, lots of unexplained stains on carpeting…

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    I know I have to do yard work but I am enjoying watching the Open golf.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    It has been confirmed, I have officially made it. My family has become so damn boujee that my wife is crying about a hotel that she booked on our way back home. The only problem with this hotel is that the rooms open to the outside and it is slightly outdated. 
    Huh; I actually prefer that ('cept during a storm).  
    I always thought the difference between a motel and a hotel was that a motel was just a single story, but maybe its outside vs inside room entrances?  
    I stayed in a joint last month in Milan(work).  It had both a motel and a hotel on the same property.  The motel was hourly and had themed rooms.  🤷‍♀️
    My last band's lead singer/bassist had a very successful wife, working in the pawn industry.  They were moved to Pahrump, NV.  One residence they looked at had many rooms, all with outside entrances, no connecting hallways.  She finally said "No" when they realized it had been a brothel.   :D  
    Dennis Hof’s estate had his brothel up for sale after he died in 2018. All you need to know about Pahrump, NV is Hof won a seat on the county commission. Only problem, he died a month before the primary election. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Azinger looks like his headset is too tight.  Squeezing his face forward. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    Azinger looks like his headset is too tight.  Squeezing his face forward. 
    😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,809
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    @lkapigian will get a kick out of this one. $532 for 2 capacitor/relay kits and labor lol. And I was thrilled to pay it. We are leaving town for 10 days tomorrow at 9am. My youngest and a friend showed up to house sit and take care of the dog and it was 90 degrees in my living room. 106 tomorrow and 100's every day in the 10-day forecast.  I live in the country. Dude was here in 30 minutes and ac was blowing cold within an hour of my call. I wanted to hug him. 

Edit to add- I called him at 4:10pm on a Friday afternoon
    Edit2 to add- this dude is hired for life
    I hear ya, we bang capacitors out all day right now, avg ticket though a bit less… 

its 108 this weekend, 250 on Saturday, 350 on Sunday just to come say hi … prepaid ( we do this to keep space open for our contract customers)
    They were $90 to say hi and the rest was parts and labor. 
    That’s fair and reasonable, we are 85 mid week , … at the end of the day , being comfortable matters 

when I’m out with a Linda relaxing and someone who “ knows” me says “ can I ask you an air conditioning question” I say yes, $125.00… they usually get pissy lol
    I will say, you've been more than helpful whenever folks here have asked their AC questions. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,161
    caliking said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    @lkapigian will get a kick out of this one. $532 for 2 capacitor/relay kits and labor lol. And I was thrilled to pay it. We are leaving town for 10 days tomorrow at 9am. My youngest and a friend showed up to house sit and take care of the dog and it was 90 degrees in my living room. 106 tomorrow and 100's every day in the 10-day forecast.  I live in the country. Dude was here in 30 minutes and ac was blowing cold within an hour of my call. I wanted to hug him. 

I hear ya, we bang capacitors out all day right now, avg ticket though a bit less… 

its 108 this weekend, 250 on Saturday, 350 on Sunday just to come say hi … prepaid ( we do this to keep space open for our contract customers)
    That’s fair and reasonable, we are 85 mid week , … at the end of the day , being comfortable matters 

when I’m out with a Linda relaxing and someone who “ knows” me says “ can I ask you an air conditioning question” I say yes, $125.00… they usually get pissy lol
    I will say, you've been more than helpful whenever folks here have asked their AC questions. 
    He’s only nice to us because everyone here likes to taste his meat.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    caliking said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

He’s only nice to us because everyone here likes to taste his meat.
    He does have some nice sausage 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Looking at used cars for the oldest child, who’ll have her license soon.   Think we have some pretty good options out there.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina

Knowing how you roll, I can only assume you meant to post the above comment to the exotics thread. 
    Ha!  For her we mostly care about safety and reliability.  She’ll be expected to pay for the insurance as well so that kind of limits the options.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,059
    You have to decide if you want her driving her friends around or her riding with her friends. Capacity and coolness guides that.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    You have to decide if you want her driving her friends around or her riding with her friends. Capacity and coolness guides that.
    Her friends will definitely have nicer cars, so I guess that decision’s made!
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    Legume said:
    That’s right, you have to have good ac
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina

Knowing how you roll, I can only assume you meant to post the above comment to the exotics thread. 
    Ha!  For her we mostly care about safety and reliability.  She’ll be expected to pay for the insurance as well so that kind of limits the options.

1995 Volvo Station Wagon it is

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,351
    Sitting in the ER at Yale with my bride. Her asthma decided to rear its ugly head again after yesterday’s surgery. 

While still serious, this exacerbation isn’t the worst she’s been through. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    CTMike said:
    Sitting in the ER at Yale with my bride. Her asthma decided to rear its ugly head again after yesterday’s surgery. 

While still serious, this exacerbation isn’t the worst she’s been through. 
    Hope they get it under control and it stays manageable, asthma is a scary thing.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Just got home. 65 degrees to 112 is a bit of a difference. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Just got home from standing in the river catching with the oldest son.  Had a blast
    Pretty hard to top this as a WAYDN post. Enjoy those moments. 
  • theyolksonyou
    7hrs with your 20 yr old college student are hard to come by
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Just ejected a drunk and disorderly.  

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    I'll prolly do that tomorrow