Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    I’ve grilled once in the last month, busy teaching and prepping field research. Today was my favorite day in our vehicle systems engineering class, introduce the final lab which is connecting 4 trainers ( simple controllers with CANBUS that drive motors and actuators) all together. They daisy chain to control all the functions on the neighboring trainers with some additional global E-stop functions.  Requires a lot of team communication that some groups start with and others take 2 weeks to figure out.  Also entertaining when things don’t work, but they always get there by the end of the semester. 
    Good stuff!
  • Eoin
    SGH said:
    Just put an $1100 sticker on my car.
    A man with plenty of money 👍
    Not anymore.  Gave it to good shepards of money, the government.

lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - I have no idea of the car but given your palace backyard creation I am not too surprised.  That said if my memory was a bit sharper I am confident I could go searching on the exotic car thread and get close.
    Regardless, that is some serious coin.  
    The variables that define the number are ??
    Extremely nice, but not an exotic, it is a GMC Yukon Denali, and it is my wife's car.  I had nothing to do with getting it. She left in the morning with a 4Runner and came home with the Denali.  Also, AZ tags are extremely expensive.
    Tag is what? Tax or insurance?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:

lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - I have no idea of the car but given your palace backyard creation I am not too surprised.  That said if my memory was a bit sharper I am confident I could go searching on the exotic car thread and get close.
    Extremely nice, but not an exotic, it is a GMC Yukon Denali, and it is my wife's car.  I had nothing to do with getting it. She left in the morning with a 4Runner and came home with the Denali.  Also, AZ tags are extremely expensive.
    Tags are a license plate fee.  It is basically a tax allowing you to drive on public roads.  You need to renew every year.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:

lousubcap said:
    Tags are a license plate fee.  It is basically a tax allowing you to drive on public roads.  You need to renew every year.
    Isn’t your DL valid for like 40 years though?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eoin
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:

lousubcap said:
    OK, we have the same. The banding varies from time to time, currently a complicated mix of fuel type, fuel economy and a higher band for more expensive vehicles.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:

lousubcap said:
    Isn’t your DL valid for like 40 years though?
    Yes, same picture too.  So you can be in your 50s with your picture from when you were 16.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:

lousubcap said:
    OK, we have the same. The banding varies from time to time, currently a complicated mix of fuel type, fuel economy and a higher band for more expensive vehicles.
    Here in the US road infrastructure is largely funded by taxes on fuel.  EV owners are getting a free ride in this regard, which will need to be rectified as they gain in popularity.
    This article explores the issue and possible ways to correct it, increased license fees being among the options...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Great_EGGspectations - North Carolina 
    Currently watching my wife with pruning shears and going to town in the backyard with no rhyme or reason. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Currently watching my wife with pruning shears and going to town in the backyard with no rhyme or reason. 
    Stay the eff back!
    "Honey, it looks amazing.  I never would have thought to do it that way."

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Playing with fire again.  Attempted some pesto pizza, definitely need some massive work, but edible.  Getting a good bed of coals and going to do a steak next....

Edit: steak came out amazing...Even overdone it has so much depth.  Flavor is outstanding.  Super basic strip with salt, pepper, garlic, onion salt.

Bombdiggity 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    "Honey, it looks amazing.  I never would have thought to do it that way."
    After 15 years, I’ve learned to not say anything and then just go behind her and fix it when she gets in the shower. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Morel hunting. Only box turtles and ticks so far

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    ColtsFan said:
    Morel hunting. Only box turtles and ticks so
    We found about 30 blacks on Friday 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    ColtsFan said:
    Morel hunting. Only box turtles and ticks so far

Morels are my favorite.  Find'em and fry'em same day.  They never lasted long.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    dbCooper said:
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:

lousubcap said:
    Here in the US road infrastructure is largely funded by taxes on fuel.  EV owners are getting a free ride in this regard, which will need to be rectified as they gain in popularity.
    This article explores the issue and possible ways to correct it, increased license fees being among the options...

My state charges me an additional $150 a year tag fee.
  • Battleborn
    ColtsFan said:
    Sounds slightly racist. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    ColtsFan said:
    Sounds slightly racist. 
    If you knew me or anything about morel mushrooms maybe you wouldn’t feel that way.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    I thought it was too early for peckerheads but one seems to have popped up…
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Calm down I didn’t call you racist. I should have made it like a Jeopardy answer: “What is a statement taken out of context that could sound slightly racist.”
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    Yeah I hear you, I just don’t take that **** lightly.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    edited April 2022
    I usually find peckerheads in my front yard. Usually the deer and turkeys get them before I do. Like the Paw Paw tree’s 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    Should I be worried that my tortilla quote is being taken out of context?
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Knowing @Battleborn and @alaskanassasin , I found the joke funny.  I know neither is racist and it was meant as a joke.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Almost stepped on this little guy.  Gave me a startle.  Sonoran Gopher snake commonly called a bull snake.  This is a good guy.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Almost stepped on this little guy.  Gave me a startle.  Sonoran Gopher snake commonly called a bull snake.  This is a good guy.

He don’t look so little
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:

He don’t look so little
    He was about 64" long.  I moved him out of my fenced and "snake proof" backyard and into my front yard.  He was puffing up and then hissing to simulate a rattle noise.  Pretty cool to see.  These guys eat all manner of desert pests including younger rattle snakes.  I like to have them around.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    I wanted a cookie.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    No, you wanted a wood fired cookie. A smoked chocolate chip?