Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    i have a 5 gallon bucket of cowboy on my patio, so far not one dog in the neighborhood including my dog has touched it. maybe my dog has higher standards, only dog ive had that barks to come in for a drink of water when theres a perfectly good lake right there to drink from
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    kl8ton said:
    Cleaned this up this morning. . . 

With the exception of the 4 piles by the door, the rest is Rockwood lump after passing through the digestive system of a Bernese Mountain dog.  I am soooo happy I closed the dogs in the mudroom last night instead of letting them sleep in the house like the usually do.  The Rockwood looks like it would be fine to use for cooking, but I discarded it.  My 13 year old was grilling steaks on his little grill last night and left the bag out.  These dogs eat everything.  They've passed underwear, socks, crayons, and now lump.

did the charcoal deodorize it
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,598
    edited April 2022
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    Yes, just in time for the younger one to go to an AKC sanctioned dog show (He just left).  He will win a ribbon if they check his colon.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton

did the charcoal deodorize it
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    kl8ton said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    Yes, just in time for the younger one to go to an AKC sanctioned dog show (He just left).  He will win a ribbon if they check his colon.
    Must be in the air.  I couldn't find my glasses just now.  Here is my only pair.  Young pup got them off the coffee table.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    New update on what @kl8ton called "Paying a lot of money for a project that you can't tell we did after completion - how I do it".

Tile installer came at 9:00am again this morning.

Closet tile installed.

Local Flooring and Tile company dropped this off this morning. Grout is named "Parchment". Think this gets installed tomorrow.  Will be able to move cabinets after grout sets for 4 hours.

@Ozzie_Isaac - that is when the real work starts for me. Painting walls, rebuilding one large cabinet in place in the bathroom, moving the stored cabinets back to their original locations, securing cabinets to walls.......etc. 
    But I am looking forward to the work being finished. Getting very tired of dusting every day.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    Must be in the air.  I couldn't find my glasses just now.  Here is my only pair.  Young pup got them off the coffee table.

Well, they look delicious.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,019
    edited April 2022
    That grout would be a totally different experience than charcoal for a dog.
    Not a felon
  • kl8ton
    Legume said:
    Me: I don't think a dog would eat that.

Dog: Hold my beer.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    kl8ton said:
    Legume said:

Dog: Let me eat this can of beer.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,985
    kl8ton said:
    Legume said:

I have seen a pair of labs eat some truly terrible things including their own poop and (for one of them) a closed bag full of fertilizer.  It was in the garage they were put in during the day and they got into it.

You want to know what lawn fertilizer does when a dog eats it?   Nothing good.  The dog survived but only after one very expensive trip to the vet.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    kl8ton said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac

My pup at the time did the same thing. One of his first days being left outside his kennel. Not the couch, not the kitchen table legs, but by prescription glasses of all things. It's been 4+ years now. Probably a good reminder to go and get a new pair....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    kl8ton said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac

I see.  Chalk one up for cats, way less capable in the property damage category.  Also they rarely eat anything that isn’t food.  In fact, they can be so picky about the cat food they won’t eat it if they just decide, one day, what they’ve been eating for the last 3 months is boring now.

i dont know about that, llbeans replaced my tent after the cat sprayed on it. then theres your hands arms and face when they get pissed and the car radiator when they hide under the hood
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I prefer domesticated cats, although my bengal is pretty wild, he doesn’t spray 
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac

My pup at the time did the same thing. One of his first days being left outside his kennel. Not the couch, not the kitchen table legs, but by prescription glasses of all things. It's been 4+ years now. Probably a good reminder to go and get a new pair....
    My first Boxer got two pairs of sunglasses and two pairs of dress shoes plus she bit the plug off of the vacuum cleaner.She was far more destructive than the male after her. He did figure out how to open a beer bottle though.
  • fishlessman
    I prefer domesticated cats, although my bengal is pretty wild, he doesn’t spray 

mom was a cat lady, if you go thru alot of cats you will eventually find one that sprays. this one was neutered young, sprayed when he didnt like something, and fought every cat in the neighborhood. constant vet visits.  and you cant get that smell out of a tent
    fukahwee maine

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
    Found the picnic table. Maybe can use it by June
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 773
    We had a dog that would chew power cords to Christmas lights. While they were energized. Ended up stringing the lights through the air from tree to tree. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,067
    A helmet would make a good cat coffin @MasterC
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    A helmet would make a good cat coffin @MasterC
    After you smAsh the cat with helmet
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Leaky air line on the auto winder.  Replaced with new.  Plus one.
    Leaky air line on the auto winder.  Replaced with new.  Plus one.
    Have you bought a drier for it yet
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,067
    edited April 2022
    Can you recommend a good drier @fishlessman? I have a cheap one from tsc that doesn’t work 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    edited April 2022
    Can you recommend a good drier @fishlessman? I have a cheap one from tsc that doesn’t work 
    this is the only one ive ever bought so dont know much about them.
    i bought it at an auction for around a hundred bucks made by cam-air.  it works.  looking at what it was worth new, i stole it.  i still blow the tank down at lunch and end of day, and the line down before anything fussy, theres maybe 12 long runs of 3/4 pipe

fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    You can go two routes, refrigeration and desiccant bed.

For low volume use, just buy some desiccant filters.  I would get two and put valves in to select one or the other.  Put color indicating desiccant in them.

When one is running, put the other in an oven to re-charge (aka dry out).  These work great.

I rigged up a system my lab used for years.  Eventually I bought an auto regenerative desiccant bed system.  While one is running, the other is recharged.  It automatically switches between the two. 

The only service is changing the desicant every couple of years.  Protect from oil by running an oil separator/filter before it.

I have build a number of gas systems for labs, call me if you have any questions.