Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,983
    I wanted a cookie.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    ColbyLang said:
    No, you wanted a wood fired cookie. A smoked chocolate chip?
    I got a burnt chocolate chip cookie.  I learned two things; 1. When they say 350 for 13 minutes, they do not also mean 600 for 7 minutes.  2. Even a burnt cookie tastes good.

My daughter went to the fair last night, but didn't want to spend $10 for a cookie w/ice cream.  So I am making her one tonight. I am dialing it in so it is perfect.  Granted this will be roughly a $487 cookie, but that is beside the point.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    ColbyLang said:
    No, you wanted a wood fired cookie. A smoked chocolate chip?
    I got a burnt chocolate chip cookie.  I learned two things; 1. When they say 350 for 13 minutes, they do not also mean 600 for 7 minutes.  2. Even a burnt cookie tastes good.

My daughter went to the fair last night, but didn't want to spend $10 for a cookie w/ice cream.  So I am making her one tonight. I am dialing it in so it is perfect.  Granted this will be roughly a $487 cookie, but that is beside the point.
    The learning curve. Pricey, but worthwhile 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    I get the "any excuse to fire the fire."  Chocolate chip cookies rule-way to enjoy the audible.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Stuck in Ft Lauderdale airport until 11:30, was supposed to be out of here.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    Amazing that a 75 year old man can still put on a show like that.
    I saw him in the late 80’s ahead of his whole throat surgery thing when his career was supposed to be over…maybe 34 years ago?  Incredible show then, amazing how well that generation has aged.  I’m a little jealous.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Amazing that a 75 year old man can still put on a show like that.
    Not to mention the catalog of amazing songs he has from his career.  Pretty cool you got to see him.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    We fixed the serpentine belt problem.  Tested Jim’s boat out after. Nice boat

I am curious as to what the issue was?  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    kl8ton said:

He just had an old belt that was a little worn, so it was slipping off.  We thought it was going to be easy to fix when we looked at it Thursday night - Jim just didn't have a replacement belt at the time.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:

He just had an old belt that was a little worn, so it was slipping off.  We thought it was going to be easy to fix when we looked at it Thursday night - Jim just didn't have a replacement belt at the time.  
    Carey didn't have a belt in his shop?  I assumed he had 1 of everything in the world available.  Pretty much an Amazon distribution center at this point.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Botch said:
    Reading thru my digital WaPo this morning, this headline caught my eye:

Dear Miss Manners: I understand and observe the rule that one should wait for everyone at the table to be served before one starts eating, unless the not-yet-served parties demur and urge others to eat.

Is it also considered necessary to wait until others have photographed their meal and posted it to social media?

This issue arises for me not in restaurants, but at home. My husband and I split cooking duties, so we each cook on different nights. He tends to make elaborate, time-consuming spreads, of which he is justifiably proud. So he shares photos of the plated results on social media, along with a paragraph of explanation about the ingredients and preparation.

Meanwhile, I sit hungrily watching my food grow cold. He considers it impolite if I start eating before he is also ready to pick up his fork or chopsticks.

I believe that once we are both served, it is up to each person to decide how to proceed — whether to dive into the meal or to conduct a photo shoot.

I have observed that this behavior occurs in restaurants as well, even though those posting are merely consuming the meal and did not produce it. I hungrily await your judgment.

It will be in your favor. Miss Manners hereby declares that photographing a meal constitutes consuming it, in the sense of feeding on its aesthetic. You may begin to eat.

Too bad the editors cut out the most important part of her reply due to space limitations:

"Miss Manners hereby declares that photographing ones food (in 99% of cases) is one of the silliest fads that the 21st century has given us. Bozos photographing their meal constitutes consuming it, in the sense of feeding on the "pics or it didn't happen" trope. You, however, are free to begin eating and enjoying your hot meal while they mess around with focus, filters, F-stops, and angles of their rapidly cooling meal. Bon appetit!"

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    folks mess around with focus, filters, F-stops, and angles of their rapidly cooling meal.................thats what im doing wrong
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Cleaning and soaking my gear after an eventful weekend diving..
    First drop did not go as planned .. high current drop and they told us to use the swim line vs free descent…. Wound up getting caught in the swim line … sun of a gun was wrapped tight around my leg… deckhand kept yelling at me to go down before everyone realized I was knotted up…. Luckily had a tank full of air and was at surface… I really wasn’t panicked.. more pissed I was wasting air and it took that long for them to realize I couldn’t…. 

Figured out at least part of the cause… the current was strong enough the anchor line actually broke when it was my turn to drop and I got caught ..the portion of wreck we were tied into and had drug us 1/2 mile from actual site..all divers were accounted for

Knee is bruised from banging in the side of the boat, but no worse for wear. 

Sunday conditions were much better . My dive buddy actually got a nice photo of a Goliath grouper . This photo is courtesy of him. Wound up spearing one trigger fish and found 4 sand dollars.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    DuckDogDr said:
    Cleaning and soaking my gear after an eventful weekend diving..
    First drop did not go as planned .. high current drop and they told us to use the swim line vs free descent…. Wound up getting caught in the swim line … sun of a gun was wrapped tight around my leg… deckhand kept yelling at me to go down before everyone realized I was knotted up…. Luckily had a tank full of air and was at surface… I really wasn’t panicked.. more pissed I was wasting air and it took that long for them to realize I couldn’t…. 

Figured out at least part of the cause… the current was strong enough the anchor line actually broke when it was my turn to drop and I got caught ..the portion of wreck we were tied into and had drug us 1/2 mile from actual site..all divers were accounted for

Knee is bruised from banging in the side of the boat, but no worse for wear. 

Sunday conditions were much better . My dive buddy actually got a nice photo of a Goliath grouper . This photo is courtesy of him. Wound up spearing one trigger fish and found 4 sand dollars.

Do you ever have an uneventful good day 😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Ha @johnmitchell occasionally. I’ll be sure and post pics when that happens lol..
     Couldn’t get more than 1 pic per post. But Sunday was a lot better. Visibility improved from 10 foot to 30+ and current was very manageable.

Again this is my buddy’s pic so can’t take credit for it. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2022
    I would like to thank Fedex for their fabulous package handling skills 

For those not familiar, this is a pizza peel...It is supposed to be straight.

• JohnInCarolina
    I would like to thank Fedex for their fabulous package handling skills 

If it’s any consolation, those things double as pretty good crawfish stirrers.  Or so I’ve been told.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    There’s meds for that.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac - I can understand your frustration.  Regrettably the end user reaps the downside of a company signing the lowest freight pricing deal.  Clearly FedEx has that market cornered which is not a great podium to be on but we all suffer for the bottom-line. I would go further but for the sake of thread preservation, restraint rules.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,797
    For those folks that care. Update on the yard. Back corner of the yard is in transformation mode. No we didn't bury a body. This weekend we will be forming the flower bed and laying the decomposed granite pad for the fire pit and shed.

You should move that section of fence up, and put a pool in that corner.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited April 2022
    caliking said:
    For those folks that care. Update on the yard. Back corner of the yard is in transformation mode. No we didn't bury a body. This weekend we will be forming the flower bed and laying the decomposed granite pad for the fire pit and shed.

You should move that section of fence up, and put a pool in that corner.
    The plan eventually is to extend the back porch out to the right of that trampoline and replace the area of the trampoline and to the left of it with a pool. Then extend that fence up about 40ft and put in a garden and natural putting green

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    Just signed up for alerts for the November 2023 Las Vegas F-1 Grand Prix race.  Last F-1 race I attended was in 1970 in Watkins Glen, NY.  Son mentioned the Netflix "F-1 Drive to Survive" series.  Been thoroughly enjoying that.  Now looking for a life bookend event, no pressure to still be on the planet and functioning then!!  Who knows...