Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    lousubcap said:
    Just signed up for alerts for the November 2023 Las Vegas F-1 Grand Prix race.  Last F-1 race I attended was in 1970 in Watkins Glen, NY.  Son mentioned the Netflix "F-1 Drive to Survive" series.  Been thoroughly enjoying that.  Now looking for a life bookend event, no pressure to still be on the planet and functioning then!!  Who knows...
    That race may be the death of me. For real. I can’t imagine how crazy it is going to be. We are already working 12’s (probably closer to 14’s) this week for the draft. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    kl8ton said:
    We fixed the serpentine belt problem.  Tested Jim’s boat out after. Nice boat

I am curious as to what the issue was?  
    As John said, the belt was worn through where the v threads were mostly gone which threw the belt off.  Jim asked for a repair quote two weeks ago and still no quote from the marina, who are charging around $90 a week for the slip.   We found an equivalent belt by measuring it and searching for cars that used it.  Belt was half the price at an automotive place than marine place.  

The water pump sits outside the crank pulley, which is weird.  It would spin around with the engine if it wasn’t attached to a bracket and the hoses.  Pulling a hose starts flooding the boat (seawater coolant) so you have to pull them fast.  The bracket was a bit tricky to remove but not that big a deal once I used my cell to see back under the block where the bolts were.  Most of the time to fix was driving to auto parts stores trying to find the belt.
    caliking said:
    For those folks that care. Update on the yard. Back corner of the yard is in transformation mode. No we didn't bury a body. This weekend we will be forming the flower bed and laying the decomposed granite pad for the fire pit and shed.

You should move that section of fence up, and put a pool in that corner.
    The plan eventually is to extend the back porch out to the right of that trampoline and replace the area of the trampoline and to the left of it with a pool. Then extend that fence up about 40ft and put in a garden and natural putting green

plenty of room to sell bass boats in the two side yards, you could have that pool and putting green in no time
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    kl8ton said:
    We fixed the serpentine belt problem.  Tested Jim’s boat out after. Nice boat

I am curious as to what the issue was?  
    As John said, the belt was worn through where the v threads were mostly gone which threw the belt off.  Jim asked for a repair quote two weeks ago and still no quote from the marina, who are charging around $90 a week for the slip.   We found an equivalent belt by measuring it and searching for cars that used it.  Belt was half the price at an automotive place than marine place.  

The water pump sits outside the crank pulley, which is weird.  It would spin around with the engine if it wasn’t attached to a bracket and the hoses.  Pulling a hose starts flooding the boat (seawater coolant) so you have to pull them fast.  The bracket was a bit tricky to remove but not that big a deal once I used my cell to see back under the block where the bolts were.  Most of the time to fix was driving to auto parts stores trying to find the belt.

outboards are so much easier, but its fun to watch people in the marina swearing at their inboard or trying to paddle one up river
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    discovered today that my hands are getting huge, they no longer fit in the small bag of chips. they downsized the bag 1.5 ounce chip bag between the 1 ounce size and the 1.5 ounce size then gave me 1 ounce of chips. tricky tricky tricky
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,019
    discovered today that my hands are getting huge, they no longer fit in the small bag of chips. they downsized the bag 1.5 ounce chip bag between the 1 ounce size and the 1.5 ounce size then gave me 1 ounce of chips. tricky tricky tricky
    I think they’re meant to just pour them all out into your hand and then all aboard.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    I think they’re meant to just pour them all out into your hand and then all aboard.

they could have just marketed it as "hand full of chips for 2 bucks" without the deception
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Legume said:

The proper technique...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Tried that with a can of Pringles, didn’t work.
    Not a felon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:

The proper technique...

I never did understand the appeal of the mariner spinach bukkake….
    New update of what @kl8ton called "Paying a lot of money for a project that you can't tell we did after completion - how I do it".....Tile guy came yesterday and laid out his lines and staged tiles, tools, and mud. 

Started laying tile at 9:00 am this morning. This is the "leg" going from master bedroom and SWMBO's makeup area to the closet.The rest of the "leg" going into the closet.
    The second "leg" from makeup area into the bathroom/WC. He is on his lunch break right now. Hasn't gotten to the third "leg" which goes from the makeup area to the shower. 
    Sample of the tile SWMBO choose back in August 2021. So far he has only had one tile crack; tried to put a tile going into the closet under the base board without checking the dimension. The pressure from the nailed in baseboard being in contact with the tile cracked it. He used a multitool to remove some of the bottom of that baseboard and recut a tile to replace the broken one. Not a total loss as he cut a smaller rectangle from the cracked tile to put at the end of a tile run. Get to choose the grout color tomorrow.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,985
    Legume said:
    Tried that with a can of Pringles, didn’t work.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Planning sides for an event on the 7th for approximately 200. Baked beans and mac and cheese it is!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HeavyG
    ColtsFan said:
    Planning sides for an event on the 7th for approximately 200. Baked beans and mac and cheese it is!

Pretty easy to make a bucket of slaw if you want to throw in some veggies.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    HeavyG said:
    ColtsFan said:

A great reason to buy a food processor if you do not already have one.  Makes slaw making easy peasy.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Skip the veggies.  Add more cheese.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    ColtsFan said:

A great reason to buy a food processor if you do not already have one.  Makes slaw making easy peasy.

True dat. But if I am needing to make a literal bucket of slaw a few bags of these are my friend:

If I'm feeling fancy I might dice up a couple granny smith apples to throw in. :)

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Listening to a conference call and watching Manchester City put on a clinic in the early going.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    When I finish that 20” I’m thinking about “PINGING” Ron and sending it to him. He is the only person I know what can afford enough food right now to fill up a 20” pan 🤪

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,798
     Slit the bag open along the long side. Way easier to eat. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    caliking said:
     Slit the bag open along the long side. Way easier to eat. 
    Sir, that is illegal and immoral.

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    Shrinkflation
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Legume
    Pretty much just showed this bag who is boss.

Not a felon
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    Spring has been abnormally dry and windy here on the Great Plains.  Few days ago the winds took out another strut on the umbrella that keeps rain/snow/sun off of me when egging.
    Today the winds died down to a leisurely 15 mph winds gusts of 30.  I took advantage and spliced in my go-to, a four foot fiberglass electric fence post.  This should be my last one, all the other struts are firmly attached to the pergola frame.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Ja Morant is that dude!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,805
    Ja Morant is that dude!
    Booo!
    Stillwater, MN
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,598
    Cleaned this up this morning. . . 

With the exception of the 4 piles by the door, the rest is Rockwood lump after passing through the digestive system of a Bernese Mountain dog.  I am soooo happy I closed the dogs in the mudroom last night instead of letting them sleep in the house like the usually do.  The Rockwood looks like it would be fine to use for cooking, but I discarded it.  My 13 year old was grilling steaks on his little grill last night and left the bag out.  These dogs eat everything.  They've passed underwear, socks, crayons, and now lump.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Thankful it wasn’t cowboy lump, I don’t think an elephant could pass those half charred logs.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @kl8ton glad the dogs are ok, they should be good and cleaned out now.  Waking up to dog messes is not a fun way to start the day.