Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I lost my platinum wedding ring in the lake under our dock last weekend after a swim.  Lanier Divers came out and hand searched for 90 minutes Saturday and then 2 hours on Sunday using a grid with no luck.  Brian, the diver said it would either require a high-end metal detector or dredging (not really feasible).  He did a lot of research and I bought a nice underwater metal detector with waterproof headphones.  He was able to selectively tune the detector to the platinum in my ring (by using N’s rings from the same jeweler).  After he practiced with it he came over today and found it under 5” of silt after about 45’.  Made me happy!  

Congrats, guys!!! 

My wife told me that if I ever lost my wedding band I would be "punished" by having to come back in my several next lives and be married to her!

(I love my wife and I would be married to her in this life or the next(s))
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I lost my platinum wedding ring in the lake under our dock last weekend after a swim.  Lanier Divers came out and hand searched for 90 minutes Saturday and then 2 hours on Sunday using a grid with no luck.  Brian, the diver said it would either require a high-end metal detector or dredging (not really feasible).  He did a lot of research and I bought a nice underwater metal detector with waterproof headphones.  He was able to selectively tune the detector to the platinum in my ring (by using N’s rings from the same jeweler).  After he practiced with it he came over today and found it under 5” of silt after about 45’.  Made me happy!  

Congrats, guys!!! 

My wife told me that if I ever lost my wedding band I would be "punished" by having to come back in my several next lives and be married to her!

(I love my wife and I would be married to her in this life or the next(s))
    Thank you Rick!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just showed up at work. Went swimming for approx 30 minutes this am after my shift last night, trying to decompress  and work on my increasing gut. .There's 4 people I don't like working with...all 4 were on last night ...Idreading tonight ...same people
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I won't be running for public office :lol:
    But, this crab claw ceviche smells incredible!

Wow. 
    Just glad it’s a front view....

Hang tight it'll just take a minute to compose a gif of the lower section of this Chef.  Scotty I may need to borrow a razor to manscape :rofl:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Thank the Lord for a new page of this thread.  If another one of you clowns quotes the Huskey apron/chest pube pic again, I will track you down and cut you.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Impressed so far,  the string actually worked the first time. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Thank the Lord for a new page of this thread.  If another one of you clowns quotes the Huskey apron/chest pube pic again, I will track you down and cut you.

Better?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What in the heLL is wrong with you people? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    jeffwit said:

Better?
    JohnInCarolina said:
    What in the heLL is wrong with you people? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!
    Sorry, just trying to help a brother out.  =)=)=)
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Please respect the thread that this recent retina burning material is being posted on and strongly consider taking it elsewhere. 
    I may be approaching LEO but some level of civility is merited here.  FWIW-
    And I am in no way implying that I am forum police but just give it a thought before posting... 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    NPHuskerFL said:
    Scotty I may need to borrow a razor to manscape :rofl:

Brother Husker, PM me your mailing address and I will get a Muhle R41 headed your way ole buddy =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Rocket is fueled and on the launch pad for LEO soon
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Saw this at Total Wine today in the build your own 6 pack section.  Took a flyer on it, not too bad 
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/08/08/golf/jarrod-lyle-dead-intl/index.html

cancer sucks.   Here is the reason why so many golfers are wearing yellow ribbons at the PGA.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • roro_c
    roro_c Posts: 11
    Options
    U_tarded said:

so you are disagreeing with people who are saying to have unlit, unburnt lump in there?  If I have to burn it all before I can put the meat on, it aint gonna last through a long cook.  Do I burn the lump, then load it up with wood?  I am sooo confused.
    No I’m saying you don’t have to have it all lit just a small bit, the heat gets rid of bad smoke.  You will be fine sorry for the confusion. 
    ok, I get it.  So as long as the egg gets hot, the heat will get rid of whatever black stuff on the lump that smells bad, even if the pieces are not lit yet. 

So maybe its just dust on the outside of the lump, and if so, getting rid of the dustin the beginning might just prevent the bad smoke altogether.  Not like I have time to dust every piece of lump (you must be thinking only a woman would think of that, lol).  Come to think of it, I used a new bag last night, and so I was picking up pieces out of it to build the fire.  I didn't really pour much on.  And I didn't get that black smoke!  
    I am beautiful, smart, AND I smell like bacon.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    These ladies must know you @SGH :wink:
    https://youtu.be/_9JZWpZS6-g
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH said:
    NPHuskerFL said:
    Scotty I may need to borrow a razor to manscape :rofl:

Brother Husker, PM me your mailing address and I will get a Muhle R41 headed your way ole buddy =)

I'm game...PM sent.
    Although I'm thinking I may need to begin with a Flowbee :rofl:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Blake, I’m sorry to see that the AC went out in your house, but glad you adapted and persevered.  Maybe you can find someone to come fix your AC tomorrow.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Family Vacation is on Bravo. You’re welcome. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Flank steak sous vide at 135 for 6 hours.

Then butterflied and rolled with smoked gruyere, chorizo, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and rubbed with Dizzy Pig cowlick.

Served with veggie medley and Chimichurri. Did. Not. Suck. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    Watching Live PD. This thing keeps farting on me.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Way to go @bgebrent. There are things worth battling for. That is one of the best.
    Congrats.
    Cats are ripping up the Bahamas.
    40-0.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Wishing @roro_c would start a thread. Just saying 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Do like I do. Fart back.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Shopping for hiking boots - seem to recall a thread on here recently but can't find it.  Brands to look for?  @botch, @yukonron maybe?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Boxers rock and .....fart.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.