Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    SWMBO and I are holed up on top of one of the most beautiful veiws in our state.
    Grove park inn 
    Ashville NC
    We are bummed to learn the Chihuly exhibit at the Biltmore is not open tomorrow night dueled to a lyle Lovett concert. That’s a bummer!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    SWMBO and I are holed up on top of one of the most beautiful veiws in our state.
    Grove park inn 
    Ashville NC
    We are bummed to learn the Chihuly exhibit at the Biltmore is not open tomorrow night dueled to a lyle Lovett concert. That’s a bummer!

Jeremiah said:
    Grove park inn 
    Ashville NC
    Sunset on the porch is hard to beat 
    Love that place. We keep saying we’re gonna go for a weekend. Food is good too. 
    Food is amazing, SWMBO. Got invited to cook with chef Josh tomorrow. We have plans so wenwill see what happens.

Yeah us too. We will probably just hang at the resort tomorrow. The Spa is world class
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Botch said:
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    All the lambo drivers live in my parents neighborhood. Hahaha.
    Quite possibly, in their parents' basements...  :tongue:
    Haven’t seen any kids driving lambos but I am truly amazed at the parents out here that buy there 17 year old kids $65k dollar ford raptors or Yukon Denali’s

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited August 2018
    Botch said:
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    Haven’t seen any kids driving lambos but I am truly amazed at the parents out here that buy there 17 year old kids $65k dollar ford raptors or Yukon Denali’s
    If they do that, they deserve the outcome.

Oh, and I think you meant *their*.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    Those kind of folks have more dollars than sense. Notice that I used “sense” not cents. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    edited August 2018
    Botch said:
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    There are some young folks with McLarens that I’ve seen at Emory. Hard to tell these days if their parents bought them or if they are self made. There’s a lot of young money out there. 
  • I just dumped about 2.5 inches of rain on my crops.  =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    DMW said:
    Botch said:
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    If they do that, they deserve the outcome.

Oh, and I think you meant *their*.
    Haha nice catch. I am terrible at their,there,they’re. I know when each of them are supposed to be used but out of habit I always type there. Same with your, you’re. It’s really just laziness on my part.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    That’s why I use UR. It covers everything. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    thetrim said:
    Not to brag, but my 16 year old son drives a 2003 Toyota Corolla with 70k miles that he paid for himself.  
    My 16 year old daughter is car hunting and would love to find a Corolla of that year with those miles. Nice find.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    My little sister got the free car.  All us boys had to pay for em.

My little sister got the free car.  All us boys had to pay for em.

I bought a 1988 Jeep Wagoneer with the help of small loan from my parents when I was 17-18. During the college prep thing my mom made a comment that if I got the tuition scholarship I had applied for, they would forgive the loan.

I got the scholarship, she was true to her word.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    Not to brag, but my 16 year old son drives a 2003 Toyota Corolla with 70k miles that he paid for himself.  
    My 16 year old daughter is car hunting and would love to find a Corolla of that year with those miles. Nice find.
    My first car was a 81 Tercel. I was like **** this and moved the **** out (theyput me in rehab) and I got a prelude. Pulled so much strange in that car. Every time I see a semi full of preludes I get multiple organisms. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    Lit said:
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    My first car was a 81 Tercel. I was like **** this and moved the **** out (theyput me in rehab) and I got a prelude. Pulled so much strange in that car. Every time I see a semi full of preludes I get multiple organisms. 
    edited August 2018
    ColtsFan said:
    Damn. What do the numbers indicate? Proof?
  • nolaegghead
    yes
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    Let me know if you got that PM. I will resend it if you didn’t.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    kl8ton said:

Me in front of my campfire tonight. Trees skids etc. Kinda sad that FD didn't show up this time. 

It was large.  80 foot tall flames at peak. In the pic I am 30 foot in front of the base.  Too hot to be closer.  We stood 150 foot away to be comfortable 
    'Merica.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    bucky925 said:
    Just in from a neighborhood dinner.  I brought the ABTS (mushrooms stuffed with hot sausage and cream cheese)  He servied prime rib cooked perfect. Good time with friends old and new,  good wine thanks to @YukonRon.  This forum never fails me!
    Glad everything worked out.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Botch said:
    GAAHHH would you PLEASE reduce the size of the photos in your multi-dozen-photo posts?!?!?   There are threads here I can't even open anymore.  
    This matters for those of us with a sh1t internet connection. Plenty of cooking threads I open and then close again because the pictures load so slowly that I just give up and move on.
  • DMW
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    GAAHHH would you PLEASE reduce the size of the photos in your multi-dozen-photo posts?!?!?   There are threads here I can't even open anymore.  
    This matters for those of us with a sh1t internet connection. Plenty of cooking threads I open and then close again because the pictures load so slowly that I just give up and move on.
    For at least the last 18-24 months (probably longer), I've been resizing my pics before uploading. But hey, I believe in bandwidth responsibility...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• roro_c
    roro_c Posts: 11
    I am still up babysitting a whole brisket that I tried smoking on my XL BGE.  Its now in foil and in the oven.  I have probably done about a dozen long cooks on this thing and about ready to sell it as I cannot seem to keep the fire going long enough for a long cook.  I want to get an old fashion smoker where you can get to the fire and tend to it.  The whole reason I got this thing was because I was told I would NOT have to babysit it!  But this is worse, since when the fire needs tending, I can't even get to it!  Can you tell that I am pissed off?  And I am an insomniac who often stays up until 6am anyway.  A career of years of shiftwork will do it to ya.  Ok rant over.  suggestions, links appreciated, I will be searching, but I think I tried everything.
    I am beautiful, smart, AND I smell like bacon.
  • DMW
    roro_c said:
    I am still up babysitting a whole brisket that I tried smoking on my XL BGE.  Its now in foil and in the oven.  I have probably done about a dozen long cooks on this thing and about ready to sell it as I cannot seem to keep the fire going long enough for a long cook.  I want to get an old fashion smoker where you can get to the fire and tend to it.  The whole reason I got this thing was because I was told I would NOT have to babysit it!  But this is worse, since when the fire needs tending, I can't even get to it!  Can you tell that I am pissed off?  And I am an insomniac who often stays up until 6am anyway.  A career of years of shiftwork will do it to ya.  Ok rant over.  suggestions, links appreciated, I will be searching, but I think I tried everything.
    Hang in there, we'll figure this out. We'll need a few more details, but we'll get you all sorted.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    DMW said:
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    For at least the last 18-24 months (probably longer), I've been resizing my pics before uploading. But hey, I believe in bandwidth responsibility...
    I practice an extremist position on bandwidth responsibility by not posting pics of my cooks at all.

Frees up the bytes for others.

Yes, it's a selfless act.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    I practice an extremist position on bandwidth responsibility by not posting pics of my cooks at all.

Frees up the bytes for others.

Yes, it's a selfless act.
    That is so very conservative of you. I applaud your restraint.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    edited August 2018
    Watching a NASA launch in 4 minutes...

...and it's a srcub...trying again tomorrow at o-dark-thirty.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk