Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @thetrim I believe Hat tricks should be fine since it’s further away from any of the new construction going on. They do have some killer wings! 

Also, Fergs Live is a cool spot to be before a game out there, but gets crowded quick. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,596
    Dyal_SC said:

Some fresh and local Outer Banks shrimps and beer battered fries. 
    Hard to beat this !!  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Picked up a boat for work and driving it up the lake.  Glad it's a beautiful day because only one motor would crank so this thing is crawling.  I think I could swim faster.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,497
    @GATraveller - I have no idea what you do for work, but "Picked up a boat for work" sounds pretty sweet to me.  Hope your single engine stays healthy for the trip.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Picked up a boat for work and driving it up the lake.  Glad it's a beautiful day because only one motor would crank so this thing is crawling.  I think I could swim faster.

put out a trolling rod ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    @GATraveller PM me if that other engine craps out and I’ll come give you a tow. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Hand wash clean inside and out 25.00 ,hard to beat. Headed to Ashville for the weekend.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.

• SGH said:
    @SGH

Thank you sir...will check it out next time I'm over that way
    Just a heads up. Hale price oysters (excluding fried) everyday for 2pm - 6pm. Monday’s they have a huge grilled pork chop that is spectacular that is half price all day. You got to try it. I don’t know if they do it every Thursday or not, but tomorrow is half price Royal Reds. They have some great food and great deals for sure. 

I am hoping that if I were back Biloxi you Scottie will buy my lunch and take me for a shave.  B)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Picked up a boat for work and driving it up the lake.  Glad it's a beautiful day because only one motor would crank so this thing is crawling.  I think I could swim faster.

That has to be operator error =)  keep mashing buttons
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810

SGH said:
    @SGH

Thank you sir...will check it out next time I'm over that way
    Just a heads up. Hale price oysters (excluding fried) everyday for 2pm - 6pm. Monday’s they have a huge grilled pork chop that is spectacular that is half price all day. You got to try it. I don’t know if they do it every Thursday or not, but tomorrow is half price Royal Reds. They have some great food and great deals for sure. 

I am hoping that if I were back Biloxi you Scottie will buy my lunch and take me for a shave.  B)
    I can and will do brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    edited August 2018
    I just got back from a work trip to Dallas. I really do like my egg, but damn, Texas is a painful reminder how lousy my smoked brisket is in an egg vs a true wood burning offset. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Just found out we came in 3rd place in putting in an offer on a house and we put in a full list price offer. It sold for 20k above list price. Two other parties were in a bidding war.

I was really hoping to enjoy this view on the daily...The housing market in Indiana in asinine.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    edited August 2018
    ColtsFan said:
    Just found out we came in 3rd place in putting in an offer on a house and we put in a full list price offer. It sold for 20k above list price. Two other parties were in a bidding war.

I was really hoping to enjoy this view on the daily...The housing market in Indiana in asinine.

That’s the new normal. Put a reasonable price on the house and let buyers SWARM! SWARM! as brother MaskedMarvel says. We had four offers at or above asking price within 48hrs when we sold last year. Many of my friends have sold their houses within 2-3 hrs and usually sight unseen. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    SonVolt said:
    I just got back from a work trip to Dallas. I really do like my egg, but damn, Texas is a painful reminder how lousy my smoked brisket is in an egg vs a true wood burning offset. 

Where did you end up eating this time?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    edited August 2018
    SonVolt said:

Same place as always - Hard8, lol.  It's right by our office. It's been hit or miss, but this trip was surprisingly good.  I've heard Pecan Lodge is the best in Dallas, but they close at like 3PM which is too early for me to get out there. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan said:

That’s the new normal. Put a reasonable price on the house and let buyers SWARM! SWARM! as brother MaskedMarvel says. We had four offers at or above asking price within 48hrs when we sold last year. Many of my friends have sold their houses within 2-3 hrs and usually sight unseen. 
    Yup. It was listed for not even 24 hours.

• TEXASBGE2018
    edited August 2018
    ColtsFan said:

It's that way everywhere. Houses here in Dallas are way overvalued. We've owned our house for 7 years, built it new and today we can sell it for 40-50% more than we paid for it. It's completely a sellers market almost everywhere now. We want to move to a bigger house but I don't want to sell ours for this huge profit but then end up in a house that is older, smaller, and not as nice as what we have now because I don't want my mortage payment doubled. I'm fine paying a bit more than I do now. But to get the size house we want in our area would take a minimum of a 40% increase on our current mortage and we aren't looking at some estate on 15 acres. I'm talking a 4 bed 3 bath house on a 1/2 acre lot. I think we are barreling towards another housing bubble and that ain't good.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DoubleEgger
    There will always be another place @ColtsFan. There was a lot of disappointment and heartbreak on our multi year journey to our new home. It all paid off in the end and I’m confident it will for your family as well. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Same place as always - Hard8, lol.  It's right by our office. It's been hit or miss, but this trip was surprisingly good.  I've heard Pecan Lodge is the best in Dallas, but they close at like 3PM which is too early for me to get out there. 

Ya hard8 is hit and miss. Weekdays I think Pecan Lodge closes around 5. Next time go to Addison and eat Cattleack.

• ColtsFan
    There will always be another place @ColtsFan. There was a lot of disappointment and heartbreak on our multi year journey to our new home. It all paid off in the end and I’m confident it will for your family as well. 
    There's always another one, brother. We haven't been in a hurry by any means. We've been kicking tires, so to speak, for about a year. It will happen when the right one comes along.

• DoubleEgger
    My ash can just got an upgrade. Perfect fit. No more fading on the deck. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Had that job interview this morning that I shaved off the beard for. 

Got the job! 

Good for you, congratulations.  Hope it all goes well.

Phoenix 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600

Looks better than my office!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SonVolt said:
    It's true but I've gotten them fairly close (although not consistently). People seem to like them just fine but I never low and slow on my BGE unless I just have to though. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SonVolt said:
    It's true but I've gotten them fairly close (although not consistently). People seem to like them just fine but I never low and slow on my BGE unless I just have to though. 
    Elitist...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,497
    If you do not have run time with stick burner brisket (especially that which is cranked out in Central Texas) and only what you get from the BGE, you will be quite happy with the output.  If I truly want to work for the groceries I will go with the stick burner but if lazy is the plan then BGE all day.  Just an opinion and we all know about those...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Hand wash clean inside and out 25.00 ,hard to beat. Headed to Ashville for the weekend.
    Headed up there Saturday myself. Stay thirsty!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW said:
    SonVolt said:
    Elitist...
    In some ways but so much not on others. Kinda sad it's wasted on meat :lol:

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    DMW said:
    SonVolt said:
    Elitist...
    In some ways but so much not on others. Kinda sad it's wasted on meat :lol:

TWSS