Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    @SGH as promised, I shaved the beard off. 

Used Proraso pre shave, Poraso green soap and my rooney 1/1 in super. 1950’s Gillette SIlvertip with a IP red blade 

For the great shave my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

YukonRon said:
    Getting ready for our trip to Houston. Leaving tomorrow, have some great seats for the Stro's game, courtesy of my BIL.
    Lucky guy for going to watch the World Champion 'Stros. Too bad half the team is on the DL. Minute Maid is a beautiful park to watch a game and so close to some great grub. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    YEMTrey said:
    Oceanfront dinner.

Thanks for sharing, and hope you are having a great trip.

My great grandmother bought a house on North Atlantic Ave in NSB in the late 1940's -- the house is still standing and still in the family, though in recent years my crew has chosen the mountains over the beach most of the time so we don't get down there much anymore.

I literally spent weeks every summer there with my grandparents and whoever the heck else in our crazy extended family showed up. Took my bike with me, rented a surfboard, and I was good for the summer. So many memories, thanks for sharing and reminding me that life is indeed good.

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    at the Oakland Airport.  Pre-board 20 oz $12 Goose IPA consumed.
    £9 for a pint. That beats London beer prices. Gainsborough Wetherspoons usually has a draught IPA (hand pulled) for under £2.50.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,996
    View from the summit of Mt. Major:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    View from the summit of Mt. Major:

never been on that one. been all around that long island in the middle, rattlesnake. nice view
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Brisket sandwich and BBQ beans from B's Cracklin BBQ. My favorite brisket in ATL.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    My parents neighborhood had their National Night Out party this evening. So my Dad and I served up some ribs. The best compliment from the night was from the Fire Department that came to visit. They opened up a fire hydrant for the kids to play around with. We offered up some food for the firefighters but they declined as they've gone from neighborhood to neighborhood and probably filled up on brats and burgers throughout the evening. One of the firefighters says, "Oh you guys have ribs? You know how to party!" I pull off a new rack from the smoker for them. They toss back some ribs while the kids are playing in the water. The one lady firefighter was very gracious and complimented them up and down. My Dad even got her to take some ribs with her when leaving. I think we did alright. Firefighters leaving with your ribs is better than any bbq reward or trophy. At least to me any way. A proud bbq moment. 

Our church did hot dogs for Nat Night out.  Not sure how many, but in years past it was 800-1000.  Health inspector was present with his MK4 Thermapen.  

Your national night out looks like it tasted better than ours!

Nice work!
    I'm sorry but 9 racks of ribs is not impressive compared to 800-1000 hotdogs. That is impressive. I can't believe they had a health inspector out for selling dogs. 
    They were free hot dogs. . . i saw a guy eat at least 10. 

uhhh. . .I gotta get one of these for my wife. . . 
    uhhh . . . this one is for my niece. . ..
    ohhhh these look good, can I have 2?

DUDE!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    edited August 2018
    @SGH - what's the name of the new oyster bar? I've got family that lives near there and want to check it out next time I visit. Thanks
    Im getting those half price oysters again right now. Hard to beat that price.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Sitting here at the hospital with mom . She had surgery Tuesday for a kidney stone....she said I better not show her face currently  =)
    Sanding one of my birds ...this way I'll have less to do tonight 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Hating my job 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,497
    SGH said:
    @SGH - what's the name of the new oyster bar? I've got family that lives near there and want to check it out next time I visit. Thanks
    Im getting those half price oysters again right now. Hard to beat that price.  

@SGH- does management know that serving you is a money losing deal for them??  The pic of the oysters a few pages back is truly mouth-watering. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Hating my job 
    I know that feeling well......Hang in there!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready for our trip to Houston. Leaving tomorrow, have some great seats for the Stro's game, courtesy of my BIL.
    That’s the defending World Champion Astro’s.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    Brisket sandwich and BBQ beans from B's Cracklin BBQ. My favorite brisket in ATL.

I haven’t been there yet. That’s the one near Bolton right? 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    NCSmoky said:
    Just returned from Santa Fe with a box of Hatch goodness

Score!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    Nice view today 

• SGH
    edited August 2018
    Just had a mid day snack. 

Poyboy with thin sliced ham, thin sliced debris steak, deep fried shrimp and mozzarella cheese. 

One of my personal favorites. Half price chargrilled oysters.  

Hope y’all have a great day fellows. 

Status- Standing by.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    @SGH as promised, I shaved the beard off. 

Used Proraso pre shave, Poraso green soap and my rooney 1/1 in super. 1950’s Gillette SIlvertip with a IP red blade 

You missed a couple spots down at the bottom of the photo!
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    just made some shrimp and ichaban eggplant on the BS for dinner with a hot cherry pepper and some spinach
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Took a walk thru Dunes Park today.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Just finished installing new windows in 106” x 50” east facing wall. Long hot day but glad it is done. Should do this stuff in spring or winter.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    NCSmoky said:

Score!
    Come get some. Anyone in the Charlotte area who wants some PM me. It was $20 for 10 lbs so I have way more than I need.
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 500
    @SGH

Thank you sir...will check it out next time I'm over that way
    Austin, TX
  • SGH
    edited August 2018
    @SGH

Thank you sir...will check it out next time I'm over that way
    Just a heads up. Hale price oysters (excluding fried) everyday for 2pm - 6pm. Monday’s they have a huge grilled pork chop that is spectacular that is half price all day. You got to try it. I don’t know if they do it every Thursday or not, but tomorrow is half price Royal Reds. They have some great food and great deals for sure. 

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2018
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:

Score!
    Come get some. Anyone in the Charlotte area who wants some PM me. It was $20 for 10 lbs so I have way more than I need.

If 10lbs lasts you until next year, you need to reset your pepper intake goals, lol.  The first year I did them I did 10lbs and they were gone by Christmas.

Phoenix 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Watching the Punisher on Netflix after a 12.5 hour shift 
    Sweet film that was filmed almost entirely in the Tampa Bay area!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95