Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,029
    Legume said:
    @nolaegghead Tamale Factory on White Road right near there.  Worth a stop.
    ****, we are back in Walnut Creek or whatever the fvck this place is called...next time...
    I think you should just call it Hotel California 
    Not a felon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    @nolaegghead
    Tell Uncle Apple that I have a spare R41 that I will gladly send him.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

That looks like a casserole. A good casserole, but a casserole nonetheless.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    That $!+#s funny right thar now.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DMW
    Funny because it's real. I was in NYC today. Saw @nolaegghead post casserole in a pizza box, and couldn't just sit there and say nothing.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    DMW said:
    Funny because it's real. I was in NYC today. Saw @nolaegghead post casserole in a pizza box, and couldn't just sit there and say nothing.

I thought it was chicken parm. Lol
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    DMW said:

I'm just along for the ride.....
    edited August 2018
    @frazzdaddy he is in full swing. He has my temperament when he is happy but man those eyes are his momma through and through. 

I used to dread twins. After being around many friends with them I’m wondering if it’s not like pulling off a band aid

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SGH
    Honest question to all. Which one of these do you think looks the best?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    SGH said:

I like the brown one.   I'd have more of an opinion about a bowl if you could involve a pretty girl...

Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    I like the second one best but I don’t like that the emblem on the front of all of them is off. 
  • SGH
    I like the second one best but I don’t like that the emblem on the front of all of them is off. 
    Thanks. I like the second and the forth. The emblem is going to change for the better. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    DMW said:
    One of the best Stewart has ever done. I saw it then, and laughed out loud, saw it again tonight thanks to @DMW and laughed my asz off again.
    Thanx  Dwayne. Still laughing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    My parents neighborhood had their National Night Out party this evening. So my Dad and I served up some ribs. The best compliment from the night was from the Fire Department that came to visit. They opened up a fire hydrant for the kids to play around with. We offered up some food for the firefighters but they declined as they've gone from neighborhood to neighborhood and probably filled up on brats and burgers throughout the evening. One of the firefighters says, "Oh you guys have ribs? You know how to party!" I pull off a new rack from the smoker for them. They toss back some ribs while the kids are playing in the water. The one lady firefighter was very gracious and complimented them up and down. My Dad even got her to take some ribs with her when leaving. I think we did alright. Firefighters leaving with your ribs is better than any bbq reward or trophy. At least to me any way. A proud bbq moment. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Been carving on some birds. Trying to get 6 blue wing teal carved and painted before Sept 15.....somehow I dont think I'm gonna make that goal at this pace.

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 500
    SGH said:

@SGH - what's the name of the new oyster bar? I've got family that lives near there and want to check it out next time I visit. Thanks
    Austin, TX
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SGH said:

2nd one.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,995
    Headed out to go climb Mt. Major with my brother’s family and the kids.   Easy climb, but great views of the lakes from the top.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    WeberWho said:
    My parents neighborhood had their National Night Out party this evening. So my Dad and I served up some ribs. The best compliment from the night was from the Fire Department that came to visit. They opened up a fire hydrant for the kids to play around with. We offered up some food for the firefighters but they declined as they've gone from neighborhood to neighborhood and probably filled up on brats and burgers throughout the evening. One of the firefighters says, "Oh you guys have ribs? You know how to party!" I pull off a new rack from the smoker for them. They toss back some ribs while the kids are playing in the water. The one lady firefighter was very gracious and complimented them up and down. My Dad even got her to take some ribs with her when leaving. I think we did alright. Firefighters leaving with your ribs is better than any bbq reward or trophy. At least to me any way. A proud bbq moment. 

Our church did hot dogs for Nat Night out.  Not sure how many, but in years past it was 800-1000.  Health inspector was present with his MK4 Thermapen.  

Your national night out looks like it tasted better than ours!

Nice work!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

Our church did hot dogs for Nat Night out.  Not sure how many, but in years past it was 800-1000.  Health inspector was present with his MK4 Thermapen.  

Nice work!
    never even thought to temp a hot dog but looking it up i see some people shouldnt even eat a  bologna sandwich without cooking it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Getting ready for our trip to Houston. Leaving tomorrow, have some great seats for the Stro's game, courtesy of my BIL.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

Nice work!
    I'm sorry but 9 racks of ribs is not impressive compared to 800-1000 hotdogs. That is impressive. I can't believe they had a health inspector out for selling dogs. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    @SGH - what's the name of the new oyster bar? I've got family that lives near there and want to check it out next time I visit. Thanks
    @Eggpharmer
    Is called Bacchus Oyster Bar & Grill. It’s right beside Shaggys on the beach. It’s in the old Pelican Reef building. I found it by accident.  

Status- Standing by.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    DMW said:
    Mr. Leibowitz hasn't been funny since 1993.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    edited August 2018
    SGH said:
    @Eggpharmer
    Is called Bacchus Oyster Bar & Grill. It’s right beside Shaggys on the beach. It’s in the old Pelican Reef building. I found it by accident.  

I said that wrong. The old Pelican Wharf building. My apologies.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    @Eggpharmer

I said that wrong. The old Pelican Wharf building. My apologies.  

Status- Standing by.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    @SGH as promised, I shaved the beard off. 

Used Proraso pre shave, Poraso green soap and my rooney 1/1 in super. 1950’s Gillette SIlvertip with a IP red blade 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    at the Oakland Airport.  Pre-board 20 oz $12 Goose IPA consumed.