Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @dharley nope, close though. Used 2-0 braunamid. Good eye
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Have you gained 20# in the past couple of days? Cause I’m pretty sure I’ve gained 10 just by looking at your pictures. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    jeffwit said: no
    Have you gained 20# in the past couple of days? Cause I’m pretty sure I’ve gained 10 just by looking at your pictures. 
    definitely have put on some pounds, diet when we get back
    I'm pretty excited even today after hitting 10k subscribers on YouTube.  Not even my 4 yr old puking all over the place at 2am crimped my style!  

Image may contain text
    Congratulations brother Tar. I was away so long that I didn’t know you had a channel until I saw this. Going to check it out tonight. 
    I hope the next time you post an update it says 10 million. Again, congratulations.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444

Breaking the griddle out.  Pork belly lettuce wraps coming up in a little bit.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

@Acn  That looks delicious.  Nice original cook.

Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,029
    Hell to the yes @Acn

Not a felon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Acn said:
    Acn said:

And here we are, pork belly marinated in oil, rice vinegar, tamari, ginger, garlic, hoisin, and lots of gochujang.  Served in a lettuce wrap with a Napa cabbage slaw, sweet onion kimchi, and quick pickled bell peppers.  Dinner did not suck.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    thetrim said:
    Is anyone else a fan of "Below Deck Mediterranean"?
    @thetrim I have watched more than just a few episodes for no other reason that I love boats and I do not have to think at all when watching it. 
    You into it? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited August 2018
    Going to a neighborhood party next week...He is doing prime rib.  I've got the wine down pat (but any suggestions would be  intertained @YukonRon . But what about apts?  I was thinking korean wings and suffed japyolino's, maybe lighting  shrimp even though I've never made em.   Edited to say my spelling is attrouchis this late at night!  Please forgive a diesel mechanic   =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Testing pizza setup on the large; plate setter - two firebricks - grate - newly seasoned baking pan and Rockwood. Pie was store bought and came off the CI cleanly. Toppings were perfect and SWMBO liked the crust. Going to try making her favorite this weekend - Alfredo sauce, sliced Italian sausage, fresh mozzarella slices, and cheddar. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Work. Seems like all I've been doing lately.

Who says IT is a cush job?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    ColtsFan said:

IT is not a cush job. It is an unending demand to continuously deliver results with minimal appreciation for the magic that is delivered.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Watching the Punisher on Netflix after a 12.5 hour shift 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Watching Black Panther with @henapple and @FleurdeLirious and Dallas....
    ...and just ate some leftover pulled pork
    Watching Black Panther with @henapple and @FleurdeLirious and Dallas....
    Great movie.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    edited August 2018
    bucky925 said: ki
    Going to a neighborhood party next week...He is doing prime rib.  I've got the wine down pat (but any suggestions would be  intertained @YukonRon . But what about apts?  I was thinking korean wings and suffed japyolino's, maybe lighting  shrimp even though I've never made em.   Edited to say my spelling is attrouchis this late at night!  Please forgive a diesel mechanic   =)

@bucky925 :

See if you can find Buena Vista Cabernet, from the Caneros region of Napa, to go with the prime rib dinner.

Appies; something a bit lighter, like a burgundy (Pinot Noir), try to find one called Cherrie Pie, it would be great with what you are serving.
    Have fun. 

I have been doing stuffed mushrooms, for the last few dinner parties we have done. I never make enough. Made 24, last night, all were gone within moments.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:

IT is not a cush job. It is an unending demand to continuously deliver results with minimal appreciation for the magic that is delivered.
    Damn, that is poetry @DMW  did you come up with that? So true....
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Final day of the in-laws being in town. They will be heading to their home in NOLA tomorrow before sun up.
    Had some amazing cooks the last few days, leaving nothing but empty platters and emptied wine bottles.
    Glad they are back from Ghana, they will be home for a few months, prior to their next post, in Rome.
    Yeah, we are going. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    DuckDogDr said:

I literally just renewed my Indiana plates 3 days ago and claimed the EGGHEAD custom plate.

Weird

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    ColtsFan said:
    DuckDogDr said:

I literally just renewed my Indiana plates 3 days ago and claimed the EGGHEAD custom plate.

Weird
    Dude could be raising chickens. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan said:
    DuckDogDr said:

Weird
    Dude could be raising chickens. 
    SWMBO laughed when I told her I claimed it because I am also bald...lol

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Sea2Ski said:
    thetrim said:
    Is anyone else a fan of "Below Deck Mediterranean"?
    @thetrim I have watched more than just a few episodes for no other reason that I love boats and I do not have to think at all when watching it. 
    You into it? 
    Yeah I like it.  I like the Caribbean series better, because I've been to some of the same islands they visit on there. I also spend a lot time in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, so I get to see some big yachts when not working.  
    The normal reality show messes are consistent thru both series.  I totally agree with the brainless aspect of the entertainment.  I don't watch it every week, but I get caught up when I have a few hours here and there by watching on the Bravo app.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95