Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Little breakfast and we're heading over to Little Saigon in San Jose.

Back to work right now after a great weekend on the water, stopping at one of our favorite back channel pools for lunch on the river near the mountains. Beef tenderloin steaks and corn.

Jet boats? That looks incredible.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited August 2018
    Oh, oh, oh...   Orgasmic!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    ColtsFan said:
    DuckDogDr said:

I literally just renewed my Indiana plates 3 days ago and claimed the EGGHEAD custom plate.

Weird
    Dude could be raising chickens. 
    Could've sold software back in the day.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    FrostyEgg said:

Back to work right now after a great weekend on the water, stopping at one of our favorite back channel pools for lunch on the river near the mountains. Beef tenderloin steaks and corn.

Yes Jet boats. its about a 40 mile run up from where we camp to the Bighorn dam. We were playing around a lot in all the little back channels this weekend, a whole lot of stucks, a lot of pushing, and a few up on the banks. lol. nothing to serious though. A few dents.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    FrostyEgg said:

Yes Jet boats. its about a 40 mile run up from where we camp to the Bighorn dam. We were playing around a lot in all the little back channels this weekend, a whole lot of stucks, a lot of pushing, and a few up on the banks. lol. nothing to serious though. A few dents.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIyOyuFQBpY
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    thetrim said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    thetrim said:
    Is anyone else a fan of "Below Deck Mediterranean"?
    @thetrim I have watched more than just a few episodes for no other reason that I love boats and I do not have to think at all when watching it. 
    You into it? 
    Yeah I like it.  I like the Caribbean series better, because I've been to some of the same islands they visit on there. I also spend a lot time in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, so I get to see some big yachts when not working.  
    The normal reality show messes are consistent thru both series.  I totally agree with the brainless aspect of the entertainment.  I don't watch it every week, but I get caught up when I have a few hours here and there by watching on the Bravo app.
    When I am surfing the channels and it is on, I get sucked into it. Did you see the episode where the charter was Mr.Skin?  That must have been a hell of a week....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    My "I don't give a darn" just went up a level. What's next, no pants? 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    ColtsFan said:
    What's next, no pants? 
    Once you go nude it’s hard to ever go back. Nakedness is next to Godliness my friend =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just got my spyderco sharpmaker in the mail with the diamon rods and ultra fine stones. 

Look out kitchen knives, here i come 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColtsFan
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    What's next, no pants? 
    Once you go nude it’s hard to ever go back. Nakedness is next to Godliness my friend =)
    Well if I end up going nude, I'll need a great...dare I say...shave

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    FrostyEgg said:

Lol, ya I get a lot of those videos sent and posted on FB on a bunch of jet boating sites. I don't jump anything more than logs and smaller gravel bars when needed. And never on purpose, only when I run out of water at the end of a line or come around a corner to a small log jam.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • DoubleEgger
    FrostyEgg said:

Lol, ya I get a lot of those videos sent and posted on FB on a bunch of jet boating sites. I don't jump anything more than logs and smaller gravel bars when needed. And never on purpose, only when I run out of water at the end of a line or come around a corner to a small log jam.
    Yeah I had you pegged for someone that’s smart enough not to jump your boat. 
  • SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    What's next, no pants? 
    Say it loud and say it proud my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    ColtsFan said:
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    What's next, no pants? 
    https://youtu.be/E_oNsKv459k

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DoubleEgger
    Ryan Stiles cracks me up every time I see him. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    All I know is @Dyal_SC is up in Ocracoke and now this?

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Ryan Stiles cracks me up every time I see him. 

Funny story kinda about him. My wife and I about 4 years ago were in San Francisco and we spot this little pizza place that looked good. We go inside and they are packed. They asked us if we want to sit at the bar. I said sure, so we sat down and watched the guys cooking pizzas in the woodfired oven. My wife loves "Whose line is it anyway?" and Ryan Stiles is her favorite. My wife is sitting to the left of me and I am on the end. There is a big long table right beside me about 5ft away. They were having a party. The table reaches all the way to window and I start seeing flashes come in from outside. I pay no attention and just keep watching the pizza oven in a trance. My wife elbows me and goes OMG Ryan(Also my name), look who it is over there I can't believe it its Ryan Stiles. I turn my head and sitting 5ft from me is Joe Montana. I'm not one to get all giddy like a school girl at celebrities so I just thought "wow that's awesome, my childhood hero is right there" then turned back and ate a bite of pizza. I turn to my wife, I say "Babe, that's Joe Montana not Ryan Stiles" and casually took another bite. Still to this day I bust her chops about confusing Joe Freakin Montana with the gangly goofy comedian from "Whose Line is it Anyway?"

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Craig had mentioned how that sign would look good over his MM.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    edited August 2018
    Wow. That sign is a piece of NC History 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Looks like a great day from my vantage point. I feel ya on the knees brother.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    Looks like a great day from my vantage point.

Thank you brother. 

I feel ya on the knees brother.

Sorry to hear this part. I wish that on no one.  

Status- Standing by.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    CPFC1905 said:
    Planning how to spend my new found fortune...
    Unbelievable luck - now I need to find a way to spend $15.3m....

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Festering near (not at) the Atlanta Airport.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Filing a warranty claim on the red one. Firebox...Noticed it yesterday

Not to start a controversy, but I submitted my claim at 10:04AM via email and I received a reply at 10:45 from a rep. My case has been closed and they say the new firebox will ship in 5-7 days.
    7 days after starting my claim it was sitting on my doorstep. Hard to beat that  

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Finished dinner, cedar planned salmon with a maple, mustard, miso marinade and glaze, which I also used to dress the Napa slaw:

Now I’m looking into ESPN+ now that they got Serie A.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Sea2Ski said:
    DMW said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Work. Seems like all I've been doing lately.

Who says IT is a cush job?
    IT is not a cush job. It is an unending demand to continuously deliver results with minimal appreciation for the magic that is delivered.
    Damn, that is poetry @DMW  did you come up with that? So true....
    Thanks, every word was mine.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,008
    edited August 2018
    Back from the dentist, er, "Oral and Maxillo-Facial Surgeon" (they get to charge more), for a check on my dental implant; all looks good.  Last Christmas or so I got the dead tooth pulled, and they've been letting the bone heal since then.  Two weeks ago, they drilled a hole into the new bone and pounded in a titanium spike, and (as of today) it's healing.  And, Yes, I was told that part is supposed to hurt more than getting the actual tooth pulled, which I don't understand.  In a few more months (November) they'll be able to bolt my new tooth onto the titanium spike, and then I'll be able to chew with both sides of my mouth once again.  
    By then, my Jaw muscles on the right will be so atrophied I'll look like one of the Bundy brothers.  Those commercials on TV where you get a full smile in a single day??  Bullsh*t!!  This is surprisingly an almost year-long process.  But, it's actually cheaper than a bridge (an idea I've never liked anyway) and supposedly much more durable.  Can't tell you all how much I'm craving a damn $0.59 crispy taco right now (anything sharp and crunchy stabs mercilessly where there ain't a tooth).  
    Patience... :|  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR