Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    blasting said:
    Had that job interview this morning that I shaved off the beard for. 

Got the job! 

Good for you, congratulations.  Hope it all goes well.

Thanks!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I know it's preseason, but go Eagles!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Hand wash clean inside and out 25.00 ,hard to beat. Headed to Ashville for the weekend.
    $25??? Man that’s a steel. Here in Midland thay is at least $60. If you are lucky. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Hand wash clean inside and out 25.00 ,hard to beat. Headed to Ashville for the weekend.
    $25??? Man that’s a steel. Here in Midland thay is at least $60. If you are lucky. 
    Victor is a hard working guy. I always tip him 20
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Just knocked the rust off Gary. My 13 year old nephew thinks he's a mountain biker. We're supposed to go get after some trails Saturday.

I sent him this pic and he replied "you don't even have a kickstand"... Mountain biker eh? Don't worry kid, Uncle John will teach you :) 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,697
    Total dinner failure tonight. Pork tenderloin picked up some nasty smoke during the cook and was inedible. Sautéed some yellow squash; decided to squeeze in some fresh lemon juice at the end of the cook. Got overzealous and should have used 1/4 lemon rather than a whole one. Tried a new brown rice/quinoa recipe that was overpowered by garlic. 0-3. Headed out for some fast food... 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    finished the 48 hr chuckie. I definitely had more salt and pepper and seared on the egg at 600 rather than 400 on the kettle. This is probably the best sous vide cook I've ever done, the chuckie did taste very dang close to a nice ribeye, it was delicious.  
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    ColtsFan said:
    Just knocked the rust off Gary. My 13 year old nephew thinks he's a mountain biker. We're supposed to go get after some trails Saturday.

I sent him this pic and he replied "you don't even have a kickstand"... Mountain biker eh? Don't worry kid, Uncle John will teach you :) 

Don't hurt his feelings too badly.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    About every team in the NFL is playing tonight and all I get is KC-Texans?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Total dinner failure tonight. Pork tenderloin picked up some nasty smoke during the cook and was inedible. Sautéed some yellow squash; decided to squeeze in some fresh lemon juice at the end of the cook. Got overzealous and should have used 1/4 lemon rather than a whole one. Tried a new brown rice/quinoa recipe that was overpowered by garlic. 0-3. Headed out for some fast food... 
    Some days you just can’t win. On the upshot, there’s always tomorrow my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Just some light reading here.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited August 2018
    Beginning of the school year. I’ve taught and observed so many Active Shooter prevention classes to teachers I’m sick to my stomach over it. 

One more tomorrow and I’m done for the week.

Tonight required bourbon and chicken wings. Tried those salt and vinegar wings one of those boys over the pond suggested. Tasty. I think they would pair well with a little Habanero Death Dust.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Beginning of the school year. I’ve taught and observed so many Active Shooter prevention classes to teachers I’m sick to my stomach over it. 

One more tomorrow and I’m done for the week.

Tonight required bourbon and chicken wings. Tried those salt and vinegar wings one of those boys over the pond suggested. Tasty. I think they would pair well with a little Habanero Death Dust.

Bring that weak stuff to Aiken. 
  • @theyolksonyou my win in Aiken would not be a trophy. 

It it would be sprinkling my homemade hot wing rub on all available toilet paper. #winning

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited August 2018
    @theyolksonyou my win in Aiken would not be a trophy. 

It it would be sprinkling my homemade hot wing rub on all available toilet paper. #winning
    :rofl:
  • ColtsFan said:

I will never forget when my (60 year old who was at one point on the navy Basketball team) uncle beat the pants off my 15yo brother in basketball who begged him for days to play, called him out, talking crap etc.  
     uncle Pete had spandex under his too short shorts and took it two my brothers you know what!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    Football is here! Just preseason, but watched the Pack take home a nice W first game. Packers fan living in Minnesota...it's a trip haha.

Back to work on monday after 3 weeks off to bond with the newborn. Not excited, but I started my weekend relaxation bender today. The beers are flowing. Happy pre-friday y'all!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Got home with my new AC for the shop.  Plumbing disaster under the kitchen sink.  One trip to Home Despot for a T.  Fixed that while running some scripts to move data for work....hours long process, still not done.  Cooked some squid with onion and spinach curry over rice for dinner.  Need to pull out the bottom shelf under the sink to let it air out before putting in new shelf. 

Got my shaving stuff, need to shave, obviously.  SWMBO bought me a counter ice maker.  Works great. 
    Did someone say shave?
    Not a felon
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Got home with my new AC for the shop.  Plumbing disaster under the kitchen sink.  One trip to Home Despot for a T.  Fixed that while running some scripts to move data for work....hours long process, still not done.  Cooked some squid with onion and spinach curry over rice for dinner.  Need to pull out the bottom shelf under the sink to let it air out before putting in new shelf. 

Got my shaving stuff, need to shave, obviously.  SWMBO bought me a counter ice maker.  Works great. 
    Opal pellet ice maker?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,497
    @Bodis Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, above all, have fun.
    Great intro post right there.  Congrats on the cooks. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,008
    Shomeone here might shee the humor in thish:

:lol:

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    God shave the queen
    @GATraveller PM me if that other engine craps out and I’ll come give you a tow. 
    Mission accomplished.  Thanks for the offer.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Legume said:
    Did someone say shave?
    Just got some new artisan soap in today. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,029
    Retro spice?  Wasn’t she the spice girls’ chaperone?
    Not a felon