Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    Options
    RIP Jerry, Jerry, Jerry

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Let’s all get into domestic arguments to honor Jerry Springer…he would appreciate it.
    Options
    @ @Botch favorite hang out 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,459
    Options
    Botch said:
    When PBS Newshour  finishes, I usually hit the TV Guide thingie to see what else is on, but usually turn the TV off at that point.  Tonight, I saw a 90th Birthday Celebration of Carol Burnette, on NBC.  I've been glued to the TV since.
    Some of it is schmaltz, but the old clips of the show have had me crying I'm laughing so hard, what an incredible lineup!  I don't remember some of the great duets she did (she was an incredible singer), especially her duet with Ray Charles.  Vickie Lawrence showed up (she looks great too), and so did Cher (I know she's 85% plastic at this point, but she must be nearly as old as Carol and she looks, wow).  
    Am enjoying a TV show; been a long time since I've done that.  Carol is a National Treasure.  

EDIT:  Interesting Trivia fact: number of costumes designed for the Carol Burnette Show:  17,000!  
    @Botch - You will enjoy this:

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Having some brewskis. It's been a LONG work week so far.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Been in the office all day @sgh
    Awesome brother. I sure wish my office looked like that 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,368
    Options
    SGH said:
    If only you had Ron’s money, no doubt. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    Options
    Installing what seems like 1,000 of these little mfers. Just painted our cabinets and of course gotta get new cabinet hardware.
    Looks sharp!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Very nice office!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    If only you had Ron’s money, no doubt. 
    And a bag of hot anus jerky and a sixer of bud lite…
    Options
    It’s a nice rig I wish it was mine!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,368
    Options
    Sorry to the GWN for being handed the first exit in the Stanley Cup Playoffs by a team from the desert. 

Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - What a great banquet menu right there.  Hopefully tasted as great as it reads. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,448
    Options
    Property shopping online while waiting for my day to end……land is atrociously expensive 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Property shopping online while waiting for my day to end……land is atrociously expensive 
    Unless you are a Saudi government entity who wants to lease land from the AZ state government so you can pump unlimited ground water to grow alfalfa to harvest and ship back to Saudi Arabia.

Fondomonte, the Saudi owned company pays ..... Wait for it .... Wait for it .....$25/acre annually.  This allows them unlimited ground water rights.  They are pumping water so fast, that cameras in the underground aquifers have recorded new currents going towards their wells.  They are pumping enough water for their alfalfa on one farm to provide water for over 54,000 single family residences.

So, for the low low price of $87,500/year they have been pumping over $4M worth of water.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Who the F is in charge and approved this?  Talk about shoving your face in it...take the limited and scarce or soon to be (after the CA snow pack melts) water while throttling back on Saudi oil. 
    How come the politicians are routinely so short sighted?  Answer-all they want to do is get reelected and retain power.  All the way from local thru national government levels.  Of mini-soap box in the interest of thread preservation. 
    Happy Friday-
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Those officials are “lobbied” hard.  You want to change things, vote for people who want to take dark money out of politics.
    Options
    We sent linemen to Guatemala to run power to a village. We sent the supplies over a month ago. We had to pay the cartel 15k to release our supplies and equipment. We’ll have to do the same when we ship the stuff back.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    We sent linemen to Guatemala to run power to a village. We sent the supplies over a month ago. We had to pay the cartel 15k to release our supplies and equipment. We’ll have to do the same when we ship the stuff back.
    That’s aligned with why it’s such a horrible and deadly place to live and why people leave there and the surrounding countries to find a better life for their families.  We should be helping to solve the problem rather than cut back on funding and **** about all the migrants.
    Options
    Yes we have done so well with nation building.
  • nolaegghead
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Financial aid isn’t necessarily nation building and the US has helped eradicate gangs through the DEA cooperating with local governments as it’s in our best interest.
    Options
    For the record, I was against invading Iraq from the start.  And I supported getting out of Afghanistan, but I think destroying Al-Qaeda first was necessary 
    Options
    SGH said:
    About to start driving home. What’s so special about that? It will be the first full weekend I have had off in 90 days. I’m going to enjoy it 👍
    On the up side of working three months straight, you get to enjoy (Ron’s level of) money, I see a new John Deere in your future….
    Options
    I also see copious quantities of chargrilled oysters getting devoured and right quick. 
    More $$ for the island buy fund.  Enjoy the down-time.  Well deserved. 
    One can get burned out prepping for laying pipe and not closing the deal.  =)