Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap

You are overly generous (as usual) in your assessment. 

I have a bit of a complex. When we first moved in, we had a really bad year for the lawn. II then made some improvements and last year, we had a service that seemed to work pretty well, though I was supplementing a lot on the side. Because I am cheap, I diligently documented all of their treatments last year and will go it alone this year. I am pretty determined, but I don’t think I’ll approximate TEXAS’ results. That guy is a lawn gawd.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations I would suggest not duplicating their treatments just because it’s what they did. They have to treat many lawns with the same treatments whether it’s exactly what the lawn needs or not. If I were you I would figure out what’s needed and give it that. A simple soil test would be a great place to start. Then, a high quality pre emergent properly timed. That will prevent you from having to battle any weeds with a post emergent. The soil results will let you know what your particular needs are and you can apply accordingly. Just a thought. I hate seeing people throw stuff down blindly. It’s costly and not necessarily the best approach. Put indazaflam in your PreM rotation/arsenal and you will see the weeds disappear to the point you won’t be able to find a weed in 12-18 months. 
    Snellville, GA

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @eggdicted_dawgfan

Thanks for that. 

I figured my service catered to averages and figured that would give me at least average results.but thanks for the soil test suggestion and additional info. I’m hoping the treatments you suggest are legal in my city. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    May is officially No MOW Month - everyone should participate! :)

https://wapo.st/429KWDj

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,554
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    May is officially No MOW Month - everyone should participate! :)

https://wapo.st/429KWDj

I'd like to.  I'm the last guy on my block to mow this year, but I gotta, tomorrow; need a spotter to back out of my driveway.
    A thing I hated about living in ND, two weeks of Spring, 6 weeks of summer (can you say "mosquitoes"?), 2 weeks of Fall, then Winter the rest of the time.  

Had closer to 4 whole seasons when I moved here to UT, but the last couple years have been closer to 2.  Furnace kicked on several times last night, this afternoon it hit almost 90˚.   wtff.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    @Wolfpack, appears to be Linville Gorge, looks beautiful. Never been. Glad you had some time out with the boy. Awesome times, never forgotten.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,577
    Options
    One of the few benefits of being old-just booked Covid shot #6 for tomorrow.
    Never met a shot I didn't like. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    @Battleborn - does that beer taste as good as it looks?
    Yes, it is very citrusy. My convenience store has a great selection of craft beer that rotates weekly. Always something new. Mostly all west coast, obviously, because the best beers are brewed here. Here is the rest of the can. 

nice to see that the west coast is finally making new england style hazy ipas =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,223
    Options
    Planning a bucket list trip to the LA Philharmonic.  Hoping I can catch them playing Tchaikovsky' 5th Symphony.  I hear the experience is toe curling good.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 585
    Options
    Getting my nuts snipped in the morning. Any tips for the coming days? I can work from home so that's a non-issue.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Getting my nuts snipped in the morning. Any tips for the coming days? I can work from home so that's a non-issue.
    Tip: Don’t be like my B-I-L and decide that you want to have another kid down the road. He said the extraction was most unpleasant. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,577
    Options
    Ice is your friend! I'm sure you will be given that advice from the snipper in chief.  The total upside far outweighs the post surgery ice inconvenience.  Did I mention ice...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Tip: Don’t be like my B-I-L and decide that you want to have another kid down the road. He said the extraction was most unpleasant. 
    There's a 0.0% chance i'll want a 3rd. I have a 4.5 year old and a 4 month old right now.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Planning a bucket list trip to the LA Philharmonic.  Hoping I can catch them playing Tchaikovsky' 5th Symphony.  I hear the experience is toe curling good.
    Lol. 

https://nypost.com/2023/05/01/woman-has-full-body-orgasm-during-la-philharmonic-concert/?utm_source=digg
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    Legume said:
    FrostyEgg, with a name like that, I think you have all the info you need already.
    Hahahaha just had to explain to SWMBO why I busted out laughing.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Don't be like my buddy and ignore the follow ups. He shall we say "partied" with his wife a bit early and she wound up pregnant after he had been snipped for awhile. Turns out they gotta test your specimen to ensure it worked properly afterwards.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,087
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Don't be like my buddy and ignore the follow ups. He shall we say "partied" with his wife a bit early and she wound up pregnant after he had been snipped for awhile. Turns out they gotta test your specimen to ensure it worked properly afterwards.
    “My girl wants to 
    party all the time
    party all the time
    party all the time”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    My BIL had a vasectomy many years earlier during his first marriage so when my sister became pregnant things became a little ... tense. He ultimately went back to the urologist and filled the cup and...swimmers! Apparently that's very rare but it does happen occasionally. This was a few decades ago so I don't know if the procedure these days is any different/improved to make that a never fail kind of thing.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    One of my brothers had a failed vasectomy.  They found out the hard way.
    Options
    One of my brothers had a failed vasectomy.  They found out the hard way.
    You belong in the punitentiary.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,087
    Options

Man I don’t know.   I can take my arm being sore, or even my leg. That’s no problem.

But a vasectomy? That’s a whole different ball game.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,338
    Options
    You can always have a sample frozen in case you change your mind or your wife later.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The whole idea is nuts.
    Options
    You can always have a sample frozen in case you change your mind or your wife later.
    Or hire a bull.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,619
    Options
    years ago @(censored)egg asked forum members to suggest a handle for her hubby who wanted to join, I had a suggestion but kept my mouth shut, it's a family forum you know =)
    canuckland
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Was it his....,
    Yup I didn't even share the best part. His wife is an OBGYN.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,474
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Had mine last month. Enjoy the Valium ride. Make sure you ice. Even when you don’t think you need to. At least days 1-3. Your sack will look like a plum, and that’s ok lol. Remember, 20 rounds still in the chamber……