Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @caliking -  that looks fantastic but I could not reproduce that description even while copying off the source.  I would crush that plate.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Botch said:
    Red Beans and Rice.

Still a bit warm outside for this kind of dish, but I left the windows open last night and it was 64˚in here this morning; RB&R hit the spot.  
    Good looking plate of beans. Never too warm for that in Louisiana. Monday menu item and in most homes in the greater New Orleans area
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    caliking said:
    Haven't been on for a bit, and missed some great cooks. Expected. 

Leftovers for lunch... Tamagoyaki-style egg white omelet + " veg Hakka chow mein". That's Maggi masala ketchup drizzled on top. 

I am uncultured. I have no idea what any of that is, except egg white omelet, but I can guarantee that I would smash that. Looks fantastic!
    Las Vegas, NV

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    lousubcap said:
    @caliking -  that looks fantastic but I could not reproduce that description even while copying off the source.  I would crush that plate.  
    The chow mein was made for an event last weekend (I just posted a thread with some details). The egg whites were left over from a run of SV creme brulee last week, so lunch was a hodge podge of things :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    caliking said:

Leftovers for lunch... Tamagoyaki-style egg white omelet + " veg Hakka chow mein". That's Maggi masala ketchup drizzled on top. 

A square fry pan is long overdue in our house, what type do you recommend?
    canuckland
  • @Canugghead

Sick eye, assuming you’re on point. 
  • Canugghead
    @Canugghead

Sick eye, assuming you’re on point. 
    I'm clueless :)
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    caliking said:

Damn that looks good. Always wondered what to do with the whites..

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking said:

I got this one a few years ago, when I was on a tamagoyaki kick. It’s held up well. 

Tamagoyaki Japanese Omelette Pan / Egg Pan - Non-stick Coating - Rectangle Frying Pan Mini Frying Pan – Blue https://a.co/d/9uoI38M

Would love to have a thicker, quality pan, but this one fit the bill. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    caliking said:

You win the internet for the day @caliking
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    caliking said:
    caliking said:

I got this one a few years ago, when I was on a tamagoyaki kick. It’s held up well. 

Tamagoyaki Japanese Omelette Pan / Egg Pan - Non-stick Coating - Rectangle Frying Pan Mini Frying Pan – Blue https://a.co/d/9uoI38M

Would love to have a thicker, quality pan, but this one fit the bill. 
    Looks neat, only concern is not using it enough and letting it collect dust.
    canuckland
  • wwinnc said:

Another simple Saturday night- filet, green beans, onion rings and tater! And of course.................lawnmower beer.  Chicken Breast, sweet tater fires and salad last night. Sorry no pics.  Proteins cooked on the egg- doesn't compare to you guys , but that's how we roll!
    Nice variety on that plate, and everything looks great. 
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Thanks @Great_EGGspectations! Was pretty dang good! No real money shot on the steak but it was a nice rare-split with SWMBO.
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Med Rare ribeye, baked potatoes & corn.
  • caliking
    dmchicago said:
    Leftover filling from last night. 
    Pork, raisins, almonds and some delicious spices. 
    Sunny Eggs. 
    Butter Tortillas 
    Dude... 

• @dmchicago I am a firm believer in the taco and/or quesadilla as superb leftover vehicles.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    @dmchicago I am a firm believer in the taco and/or quesadilla as superb leftover vehicles.  
    💯 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Sunday night cheeseburgers, chicken breasts, and smoked potato wedges!
  • Sunday night cheeseburgers, chicken breasts, and smoked potato wedges!
    Sir, this is a big green egg forum. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX