Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @lousubcap nice cook - looks perfect
    the briskets did not disappoint. The flats didn’t dry out, the points were meaty and delicious. Good eats. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • wwinnc
    Options
    @lousubcap- great looking quarters.  Kudos to you for the good deed!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    caliking said:
    lousubcap said:
    Actually this afternoon and on the drum smoker for the local small staffed firehouse.  Chix quarters- cherry smoke wood for that rich mahogany colour (nod).  No $$ shot.  

They passed the smell and visual test with top marks!
    Thanks for looking.  
    Good lord, Cap! Them firefolks are lucky to have you nearby.
    I Concur 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Actually this afternoon and on the drum smoker for the local small staffed firehouse.  Chix quarters- cherry smoke wood for that rich mahogany colour (nod).  No $$ shot.  

Thanks for looking.  
    Great job Cap! I’m sure those second responders love seeing you pull up!
    Las Vegas, NV

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I'm sure all of the elites on here will bark, but I cooked two well marbled chuck roasts with SPG and injected with beef broth and a little hot sauce..

Cooked with the same process as my brisket (no instapot, sorry JIC)

Sliced it pencil thick and now its my new half priced brisket.

brisket-  67 bucks and cut away 15%
    chuck roast- 34 bucks and didn't cut away any
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Dude, a picture would’ve been great, anxious to see that new kitchen.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @Battleborn- You guys are in the direct line of fire (literally) and I totally respect that.  That is a completely different dynamic and one I cannot fully  appreciate.
    However, when the place is on fire those second responders are first on the scene, at least in my experience as a volunteer for 12+ years.  Loved the adrenaline rush!
    BTW- I could not let that not so subtle shot pass.  B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 367
    Options
    Pork ribs, jalapeños poppers, sausages, shotgun shells. After this I did burgers and pulled pork. Big q today. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @Mr1egg - that spread looks great. Nailed 'em all.
    Don't know your general location but my invite did not make it so I just have to live for the next one.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 367
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Mr1egg - that spread looks great. Nailed 'em all.
    Don't know your general location but my invite did not make it so I just have to live for the next one.   B)
    Thank you, first time making a few of these items, anytime your around the Canada/Windsor area you’re more than welcome to swing by for a big bbq. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Thanks for looking.  
    Great job Cap! I’m sure those second responders love seeing you pull up!

never heard that term before but they do get hungry saving the cellars ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Fried chicken cutlets and conchiglie with a 4 cheese basil mornay 

I lIke This !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Late getting a Labor Day cook up.  10.5lb brisket aggressively trimmed down to 7.5 lbs. (fat was rendered down into about a pint of tallow). Tried out Franklin's BBQ rub

Should have checked the weather. Mid cook, the skies opened up. Heavy thunderstorms and hail.

Looking out across the backyard.

If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait 5 minutes. (In this case more like 30. After it hit about 180, took it off the hangers and used the foil boat method to finish it off. 

6 hours after I started and it was done. Love the Pit Barrel Cooker for quick brisket cooks. Forgot to get any sliced shots curtesy of that brown water you see in the picture.

Love me a good storm. Pair it with bourbon and brisket, and I am in heaven. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Another run-of-the-mill pizza run from the Adore.

Two pepperoni, two bacon+potato on garden pesto sauce

Four Gochujang pulled pork +kimchi

Nothing run of the mill about those!  They look great - you’ve been holding out on us!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    More wings. My wife's friend is pregnant and is 6 days past due. They both used to work at Buffalo Wild Wings when in school. The old claim is that if you eat spicy food it helps induce labor. So my wife told me I needed to make wings. You don't have to ask me twice. 

The next batch will be smoked on the smoker and then deep fried. 
    Looks killer @WeberWho , doing an event next week where we are going to smoke then deep fry 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

All of the pies look great, but I don't know where to start with these ones. I really want one.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options

Nothing run of the mill about those!  They look great - you’ve been holding out on us!
    Thanks, I need to try your CTM pizza some day.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    caliking said:

All of the pies look great, but I don't know where to start with these ones. I really want one.
    Thanks, it's by far our favourite. Great way to use up leftover/frozen pp.
    https://www.theendlessmeal.com/gochujang-pulled-pork-korean-pizza/
    canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    More wings. My wife's friend is pregnant and is 6 days past due. They both used to work at Buffalo Wild Wings when in school. The old claim is that if you eat spicy food it helps induce labor. So my wife told me I needed to make wings. You don't have to ask me twice. 

I've only had smoked wings once. I liked the idea but the smoke was pretty overpowering with the ones I had. I'm sure it will take a little playing around with on my end to find a balance of smoke and flavor. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I've only had smoked wings once. I liked the idea but the smoke was pretty overpowering with the ones I had. I'm sure it will take a little playing around with on my end to find a balance of smoke and flavor. 

frying them after smoking tames the heavey smoke flavor but they crisp right up from the fry
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

frying them after smoking tames the heavey smoke flavor but they crisp right up from the fry

That's interesting. I thought it would be the opposite where it would lock in the smoke flavor. The ones I had were heavy in smoke and hid the flavor of the wing. I plan on going with some type of fruit wood. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota