Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    Options
    How did it go @ColtsFan
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    RECOVERING!  after going rounds with the rototiller yesterday. Feeling like a old man for sure today.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    How did it go @ColtsFan
    We served around 250. Pretty decent day and always fun getting together with that crew
    Wow, good showing. Hats off 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    Chasing that little league dream, loving the season’s end is rapidly approaching. It’s been a big commitment this year, can’t wait to do it again in the fall
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Acn said:

Love the look of that skin. The carbon steel is also handsome. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Just threw away a whole spatchcocked chicken.  It was raw in the fridge.  I was dying out the skin.  I think 2 weeks.  Didn't want to chance it.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Just threw away a whole spatchcocked chicken.  It was raw in the fridge.  I was dying out the skin.  I think 2 weeks.  Didn't want to chance it.
    Meat may have been a little wonky, or not, but I’ll bet you could’ve peeled that skin off in one piece and crisped the hell out of it.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Replenishing energy after locking horns with this big green sprawling git. Today I won the battle, but I have far from won the war.  

After graduating from college, I made a pit stop in Wales, then took a side trip to Oxford.

Was on a tour of the university, and a docent told us this tale, of how an American tourist offered £10 to a groundsman at one of the colleges, to spill the secret of how they got the college lawn to look perfect.  Not a single blade of grass out of place. 

Per legend, the groundsman looked him in the eye, pointed to the big lawn roller laying on the grounds, and said something like :
    “ You take one of those… and roll it for 400 years.”

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Make shift diving board (cleaning up the clutter)
    Options
    caliking said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Replenishing energy after locking horns with this big green sprawling git. Today I won the battle, but I have far from won the war.  

After graduating from college, I made a pit stop in Wales, then took a side trip to Oxford.

Was on a tour of the university, and a docent told us this tale, of how an American tourist offered £10 to a groundsman at one of the colleges, to spill the secret of how they got the college lawn to look perfect.  Not a single blade of grass out of place. 

Per legend, the groundsman looked him in the eye, pointed to the big lawn roller laying on the grounds, and said something like :
    Personal observation here, the farther north you go the less weed pressure you have 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is that 12’ x 29” x 2.75” sinker cypress slab I acquired.  Trying to figure out what to do with it, storing it for now.
    Options
    caliking said:

In my early Air Force years, I spent about a month in the Chatham-Gillingham area, doing a Maintenance Demo with Marconi Electronics.  I spent a lot of time just walking through the towns, and I admired how perfectly the grass lawns were groomed.  I'm pretty sure a few of the mowers were actually designed as hovercraft (no wheels), but I haven't seen them mentioned since.  

Was that the case 35 years ago, or was it too many brain cells ago, or just an extremely vivid dream of mine at one point?   

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    caliking said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Personal observation here, the farther north you go the less weed pressure you have 
    Oregon is flush with weed pressure, can’t get away from it.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    Meat may have been a little wonky, or not, but I’ll bet you could’ve peeled that skin off in one piece and crisped the hell out of it.
    Just cooked a really small (under 3 lb) bird in this new to me clay pot. It was air dried naked (as in no seasoning or salt) in fridge for two days, the skin turned translucent. Started lid on for 75 min in cold oven set to 450, finished with lid off for 5 min to crisp up. The skin was amazingly crispy.

Love the clay pot. The chicken don’t look to shabby either 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Oregon is flush with weed pressure, can’t get away from it.
    Same with Denver.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    Botch said:
    caliking said:

In my early Air Force years, I spent about a month in the Chatham-Gillingham area, doing a Maintenance Demo with Marconi Electronics.  I spent a lot of time just walking through the towns, and I admired how perfectly the grass lawns were groomed.  I'm pretty sure a few of the mowers were actually designed as hovercraft (no wheels), but I haven't seen them mentioned since.  

Was that the case 35 years ago, or was it too many brain cells ago, or just an extremely vivid dream of mine at one point?   
    I thought you were much younger.  What was Guglielmo Marconi like?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    Just cooked a really small (under 3 lb) bird in this new to me clay pot. It was air dried naked (as in no seasoning or salt) in fridge for two days, the skin turned translucent. Started lid on for 75 min in cold oven set to 450, finished with lid off for 5 min to crisp up. The skin was amazingly crispy.

Love the clay pot. The chicken don’t look to shabby either 👍
    Thanks. The only down side with cooking this way is the soggy back and bottom.
    canuckland
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Botch said:
    caliking said:

See here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cD6aCqj6gg

For  @Eoin  and @Stormbringer .... 'it's a lot less bovva with a hovva' 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Costco Carries this.  It is a DELICIOUS and easy side if you don't want to buy and chop a bunch of stuff.  The kids can't stop eating it.  I am not a salad guy, but I think I could eat an entire bag in one sitting.

swmbo found that at Kroger and has been locked onto it, pretty good stuff.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Costco Carries this.  It is a DELICIOUS and easy side if you don't want to buy and chop a bunch of stuff.  The kids can't stop eating it.  I am not a salad guy, but I think I could eat an entire bag in one sitting.

Another vote for the dill crack. Good stuff for sure. 

If I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to space out your consumption. Overeating such things is like listening to a song on repeat - it’s not long before you hate it. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Another vote for the dill crack. Good stuff for sure. 

If I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to space out your consumption. Overeating such things is like listening to a song on repeat - it’s not long before you hate it. 
    Sounds like you’ve had more than your fair share of experience with tossing salad?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike