Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Enjoying a nice hot chocolate and a fire

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Deployed at zero dark thirty because Child B plus wife & guests are descending for lunch.   Using my preferred Chef's Digest method courtesy of @Stormbringer from this parish. 
    Ribs dredged in Dirty Cow rub, whisky barrel chips over Alderline.  Will be joined by a couple of spatchcocks later.  SWMBO doing the have lifting with dirty mac & cheese (proper old school full-fat dairy and smokey lardons), roast winter veg and maris piper roasties.  Then there's the cheese board to follow.  
    I envisage a snoozey late afternoon. 

Looking good from here!  Great eats awaits.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Trying to migrate my android phone data to my new iphone.  Major league suckitude.
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - That menu sounds incredible.  Need a few $$ shots downstream.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Trying to migrate my android phone data to my new iphone.  Major league suckitude.
    Uggh that’s going to plug the carb on the iPhone. Start new
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    SGH said:

@SGH, what kind of sausage (obviously pork) is that?  Any particular spice mix that you use?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Did that a few weeks ago, found an app that made it easy , think it was “ move to IOS”
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    @SGH ... that looks amazing. How many lbs did you do ... looks like a lot. You splitting them up for freezer and dry curing? I need to get off my a$$ and make some.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @SGH, what kind of sausage (obviously pork) is that?  Any particular spice mix that you use?
    For all of it we used Leggs Old Plantation Blend #10. We was very pressed for time so nothing fancy this time. Just straight country sausage. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    For all of it we used Leggs Old Plantation Blend #10. We was very pressed for time so nothing fancy this time. Just straight country sausage. 
    Looks like fun!  Did you cut the wild boar meat with any domestic pig?  Or fatten them up for a while on grain?

Options
    Looks like fun!  Did you cut the wild boar meat with any domestic pig?  Or fatten them up for a while on grain?

Just to be clear, the 3 shoats in the picture are not the hogs we killed. They will be killed in a few months. We killed one wild boar that had been castrated and fed out for 4 months. We also killed one domestic that had also been castrated a few months ago. The domestic weighed 230. The wild 150. 
    The ground meat for sausage was all mixed together. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @SGH ... that looks amazing. How many lbs did you do ... looks like a lot. You splitting them up for freezer and dry curing? I need to get off my a$$ and make some.
    Ended up with 100 pounds of stuffed sausage and 25 pounds of ground sausage. We left a good bit of meat on most of the bones (intentionally) and are brining it. It will be used in beans etc, etc. Both bellies are in the salt box now. We cut off both bellies and cut out chops. Everything else went for sausage or salt pork. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    SGH said:

Just to be clear, the 3 shoats in the picture are not the hogs we killed. They will be killed in a few months. We killed one wild boar that had been castrated and fed out for 4 months. We also killed one domestic that had also been castrated a few months ago. The domestic weighed 230. The wild 150. 
    When you castrate them, does it help fatten them up?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    SGH said:

it was either to fatten them up OR that he just got hungry
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I guess pigs like doing 2 things and SGH eliminated one of them.
  • SGH
    Options
    It indeed does help to fatten them up. But the biggest benefit of castrating anything wild is to to remove the “wild” taste. After castrating and feeding out most people could not tell the difference between wild and domestic meat. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Any of you know how to post a video from your photo library? 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I have never been able to do it. Any help would be greatly appropriated. 

Status- Standing by.

• lkapigian
    edited December 2021
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have never been able to do it. Any help would be greatly appropriated. 
    If you have a you tube account , upload it there , then share it here 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Is that the only option?

Status- Standing by.

• lkapigian
    Options
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:

Is that the only option?
    @SGH I am sure there are others , but I use that one . I am sure there are the hours savvy out there to point in the right direction, ewetube is just easy and free 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Firing up the little guy for its first extended smoke. 

you are going to have a blast with that one. Fun little cooker.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited December 2021
    Options
    SGH said:
    Any of you know how to post a video from your photo library? 
    It used to be really easy, but someone kept making posts of 27 stupid high-rez pictures of shaving foam, and everyone else would "Quote" that post, and it ground the forum to a halt for the Less Privileged on the forum.  The Buffalo guy made some changes to prevent that, but now we can't post videos directly.

Sad, really.   :|  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...