Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @4TheGrillOfIt - that is a great finish.  He!! of a cook and plate right there.  Nailed that across the board.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @MasterC - You did that loin up right.  Way to bring it home.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
     Crab cakes with remoulade, and salad with Japanese - style ginger carrot dressing. 

Hot damn that looks good! I can taste the freshness of the salad, pop of the dressing and crunchy goodness of those cakes. Outstanding. 

Upon first glance, I thought those crab cakes were fried cheese. My wife takes hunks of goat cheese, dredges them in egg, coats them in panko and pan fries them. Excellent appetizer with a salad. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @caliking - Dámn!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Hot damn that looks good! I can taste the freshness of the salad, pop of the dressing and crunchy goodness of those cakes. Outstanding. 

Upon first glance, I thought those crab cakes were fried cheese. My wife takes hunks of goat cheese, dredges them in egg, coats them in panko and pan fries them. Excellent appetizer with a salad. 
    Thanks. It was all of those things, and we loved it. Have been trying to do more "summery" meals, so stealing your wife's crusted goat cheese idea!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    @caliking - Dámn!
    Thanks! The carrot ginger dressing was like what you get at many sushi or Japanese places. Very tasty.

• Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Drumsticks and zucchini. 3 drumsticks are honey hog rub and Tomlin’s mustard sauce.  The other three drums are S&P.  Zucchini is running about 5 minutes late, nothing too bad and will give the drums a rest. They tried to apologize blaming it on traffic. I said that was BS you have been in the fridge since this morning.  So they said what happened to the mushrooms. I said we’re not having steak so who knows but this Al Franken Spotify playlist of the Grateful Dead is very good.  I don’t know what the morel is to this story. Have a great Sunday folks. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Wooderson - Those lollipops take a huge amount of prep work.  Hopefully all besides you appreciated the effort.  Beautiful finish right there.  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    @Buckwoody, I see what you did there.  
    I think.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DavidCrumpton
    Options
    Drumsticks and zucchini. 3 drumsticks are honey hog rub and Tomlin’s mustard sauce.  The other three drums are S&P.  Zucchini is running about 5 minutes late, nothing too bad and will give the drums a rest. They tried to apologize blaming it on traffic. I said that was BS you have been in the fridge since this morning.  So they said what happened to the mushrooms. I said we’re not having steak so who knows but this Al Franken Spotify playlist of the Grateful Dead is very good.  I don’t know what the morel is to this story. Have a great Sunday folks. 

Is it Psilocybin you sautéed and ate the wrong shrooms?
  • caliking
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Celebrating a safe trip home from the beach.

There’s a lot to like on  that plate, Spence. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,427
    Options
    Filet Mignon with a sautéed onion, mushroom and blue cheese dressing. Side of roasted potatoes and a salad of tomato, garden-plucked basil, feta and balsamic. 

Solid meal there, executed perfectly. Well played sir, well played
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - That is worthy of its own thread.  Impressive across the board.  
    You do great work when not out chasing car pics.  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - That is worthy of its own thread.  Impressive across the board.  
    You do great work when not out chasing car pics.  
    Thanks, Frank. Chasing cars is great and all, but word on the street is that chasing skirts brings a bigger grin to one’s face. 
  • caliking
    Options
    Faak @GrateEggspectations… sounds, and looks, delicious. 

• Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 355
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Wooderson - Those lollipops take a huge amount of prep work.  Hopefully all besides you appreciated the effort.  Beautiful finish right there.  

It was a first for me since wing prices are intolerable right now.   They totally suck to prep!!!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    The pics are crappy but last night we cooked:

Oklahoma onion smash burgers with ground axis meat with 20% wagyu fat from @The Cen-Tex Smoker.

Oklahoma onion smash burgers with ground wagyu/angus beef given to me by a friend from his herd. 

Tandooriwurst sausages given to me by @caliking.

Asparagus and storebought fajita chicken (not pictured).  

Yes, this is a lot more meat than we needed for 3 people but I don’t get a lot of chances to grill so we loaded up the refrigerator with enough protein for the week. 

Note that the axis meat is more red than the beef - partially because it is simply very red and partially because the wagyu beef probably has a fat content that is higher than 20%.

How is that Shiner? I just saw it at the gas station and nearly grabbed a pack. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• caliking
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Melon lemon jam, with Sichuan peppercorns. First try,  but I think it’ll be good.