Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    SGH said:
    Getting ready for all you can eat catfish tomorrow 👍
    I thought that is on Thursday???!!!

Now I'm just confused.

But I guess you can just recycle the same old tired fried catfish pics any day of the week.   =)
    It’s only 3 days a week. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Going to hit it tomorrow 👍
    Are those new overalls going to fit?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    SGH said:
    Getting ready for all you can eat catfish tomorrow 👍
    I thought that is on Thursday???!!!

Now I'm just confused.

But I guess you can just recycle the same old tired fried catfish pics any day of the week.   =)
    It’s only 3 days a week. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Going to hit it tomorrow 👍
    Are those new overalls going to fit?
    Absolutely. I might have to unsnap a button or two. But they will fit  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    74 x 24-packs
    24 hours in a day.  24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not. 

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Packing for Vaca. Nashville, TN for the 4th and Inlet Beach, FL next week. Got eyeballs on the tropics! I'd love to watch a storm come in! That wish may come true :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Packing for Vaca. Nashville, TN for the 4th and Inlet Beach, FL next week. Got eyeballs on the tropics! I'd love to watch a storm come in! That wish may come true :)
    Trust me, watch it on TV. Ain’t no fun when the power goes out and you’re trapped. Florida, July, humid. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    I’ll try to remember to blow your mind at Brisket Camp by explaining what the Laplace-Beltrami operator looks like.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I’ll try to remember to blow your mind at Brisket Camp by explaining what the Laplace-Beltrami operator looks like.
    At least I won't be drinking, AKA challenged, and thus not getting the usual hard lessons on the lower limits of the Z axis in Euclidean space.

Options
    @sgh if we were sitting around a campfire I might have had a response to that.
    I’m thinking that should be a weekly Sunday evening program on Discovery channel.  “Fireside with @SGH”.  

On tonight’s program @SGH  will be discussing the finer sides of inverted rectum…
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • nolaegghead
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Someone needs to love disabled and disfigured rectums.  Poor things.  Usually the only thing going for them is the handicap parking.
    Options
    Laplace Transforms was where my mind could no longer comprehend the math, so I'll sit that one out.   :s

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Swung by the shop and got some stuff done.

Hole. Sump. Grate.
    Options

Hole. Sump. Grate.
    Not sure I could live with those grid spacings ....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:

Hole. Sump. Grate.
    What's wrong with them?  Seems perfect to me. I need to weld a bar across the bottom to strengthen up the middle.  Worst case the forklift rolls over it, needs to be strong.  That's all 1/2" solid bar, pretty heavy.

Options
    Grate.
    Dedicated grate for grilling rectum I hope 🤞 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:

Hole. Sump. Grate.
    What's wrong with them?  Seems perfect to me. I need to weld a bar across the bottom to strengthen up the middle.  Worst case the forklift rolls over it, needs to be strong.  That's all 1/2" solid bar, pretty heavy.

I thought maybe I'd prompt your OCD and you'd have to do it all again.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

Hole. Sump. Grate.

I thought maybe I'd prompt your OCD and you'd have to do it all again.

Blimey!  Nope, don't have that disorder, thankfully.  Every other type of disorder, yes.   But I'm practical.
    Options
    HUGE Ransomware attack taking place in the US right now. Looks like an exploited RMM used by MSPs may be the culprit. I just shut 30 servers down. Luckily it’s the holiday weekend so it will have little effect until we figure this out. 
    Happy start to vacation. Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• RagingIrishman
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    HUGE Ransomware attack taking place in the US right now. Looks like an exploited RMM used by MSPs may be the culprit. I just shut 30 servers down. Luckily it’s the holiday weekend so it will have little effect until we figure this out. 
    Happy start to vacation. Lol
    Hope this doesn’t impact your holiday. We’re not using this vendor but keeping an eye on how this unfolds. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Clean out burn on the XL before I drop 50 pieces of flats/drums on it this afternoon. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    CBS This Morning had a good interview with Rodney Scott today.  His specialty is whole-hog, and he stressed the importance of everyone getting some of each part of the animal on their bun.  The oinker was on a section of wire fencing, and when it was almost done he started sectioning/pulling the meat while it was still "in the skin", then he mopped it; with a full-size kitchen mop! He doesn't mess around.  Good show.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Do the mediums only have one spring? 

Mine was assembled by the dealer.  It has a notch for another spring. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Yes only one spring, same as the SBGE.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Yes only one spring, same as the SBGE.  
    Thanks!   After you posted this, I checked out my MM.  Same.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options

More exciting than springs. Fresh ham roast from a pig we bought.  Rubbed with the Gospel All purpose rub.  

Just going at 300 indirect.  It's kind of fatty.  

Grand Rapids MI
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Scrambling. Got told by SWMBO at 1pm that my parents were coming over for pizzas tonight. I was in the middle of mowing the lawn so had to come inside and make a few dough balls and sauce. Luckily I have a same day doughball recipe that works. Then back out to finish the mowing I'm tired now. Advanced Planning works wonders maybe SWMBO should try it.....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.