Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 4,743
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    SGH said:
    Getting ready for all you can eat catfish tomorrow 👍
    I thought that is on Thursday???!!!

Now I'm just confused.

But I guess you can just recycle the same old tired fried catfish pics any day of the week.   =)
    It’s only 3 days a week. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Going to hit it tomorrow 👍
    Are those new overalls going to fit?
  • SGHSGH Posts: 28,308
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    SGH said:
    Getting ready for all you can eat catfish tomorrow 👍
    I thought that is on Thursday???!!!

Now I'm just confused.

But I guess you can just recycle the same old tired fried catfish pics any day of the week.   =)
    It’s only 3 days a week. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Going to hit it tomorrow 👍
    Are those new overalls going to fit?
    Absolutely. I might have to unsnap a button or two. But they will fit  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 1,249
    74 x 24-packs
    24 hours in a day.  24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not. 

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,583
    Packing for Vaca. Nashville, TN for the 4th and Inlet Beach, FL next week. Got eyeballs on the tropics! I'd love to watch a storm come in! That wish may come true :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,743
    ColtsFan said:
    Packing for Vaca. Nashville, TN for the 4th and Inlet Beach, FL next week. Got eyeballs on the tropics! I'd love to watch a storm come in! That wish may come true :)
    Trust me, watch it on TV. Ain’t no fun when the power goes out and you’re trapped. Florida, July, humid. 
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 3,073

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 39,124
    This is amazing.

I’ll try to remember to blow your mind at Brisket Camp by explaining what the Laplace-Beltrami operator looks like.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
    This is amazing.

I’ll try to remember to blow your mind at Brisket Camp by explaining what the Laplace-Beltrami operator looks like.
    At least I won't be drinking, AKA challenged, and thus not getting the usual hard lessons on the lower limits of the Z axis in Euclidean space.

I’m thinking that should be a weekly Sunday evening program on Discovery channel.  “Fireside with @SGH”.  

On tonight’s program @SGH  will be discussing the finer sides of inverted rectum…
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
    edited July 2021
    Someone needs to love disabled and disfigured rectums.  Poor things.  Usually the only thing going for them is the handicap parking.

Laplace Transforms was where my mind could no longer comprehend the math, so I'll sit that one out.   :s

Swung by the shop and got some stuff done.

Hole. Sump. Grate.

Hole. Sump. Grate.
    Not sure I could live with those grid spacings ....
    Eoin said:

Hole. Sump. Grate.
    What's wrong with them?  Seems perfect to me. I need to weld a bar across the bottom to strengthen up the middle.  Worst case the forklift rolls over it, needs to be strong.  That's all 1/2" solid bar, pretty heavy.

Dedicated grate for grilling rectum I hope 🤞 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EoinEoin Posts: 4,128
    Eoin said:

Hole. Sump. Grate.
    What's wrong with them?  Seems perfect to me. I need to weld a bar across the bottom to strengthen up the middle.  Worst case the forklift rolls over it, needs to be strong.  That's all 1/2" solid bar, pretty heavy.

I thought maybe I'd prompt your OCD and you'd have to do it all again.
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

Hole. Sump. Grate.

I thought maybe I'd prompt your OCD and you'd have to do it all again.

Blimey!  Nope, don't have that disorder, thankfully.  Every other type of disorder, yes.   But I'm practical.
    HUGE Ransomware attack taking place in the US right now. Looks like an exploited RMM used by MSPs may be the culprit. I just shut 30 servers down. Luckily it’s the holiday weekend so it will have little effect until we figure this out. 
    Happy start to vacation. Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan said:
    HUGE Ransomware attack taking place in the US right now. Looks like an exploited RMM used by MSPs may be the culprit. I just shut 30 servers down. Luckily it’s the holiday weekend so it will have little effect until we figure this out. 
    Happy start to vacation. Lol
    Hope this doesn’t impact your holiday. We’re not using this vendor but keeping an eye on how this unfolds. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,743
    Clean out burn on the XL before I drop 50 pieces of flats/drums on it this afternoon. 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 12,297
    CBS This Morning had a good interview with Rodney Scott today.  His specialty is whole-hog, and he stressed the importance of everyone getting some of each part of the animal on their bun.  The oinker was on a section of wire fencing, and when it was almost done he started sectioning/pulling the meat while it was still "in the skin", then he mopped it; with a full-size kitchen mop! He doesn't mess around.  Good show.  

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 3,821

Do the mediums only have one spring? 

Mine was assembled by the dealer.  It has a notch for another spring. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,999
    Yes only one spring, same as the SBGE.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
    lousubcap said:
    Yes only one spring, same as the SBGE.  
    Thanks!   After you posted this, I checked out my MM.  Same.  
    Grand Rapids MI

More exciting than springs. Fresh ham roast from a pig we bought.  Rubbed with the Gospel All purpose rub.  

Just going at 300 indirect.  It's kind of fatty.  

Grand Rapids MI
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,414
    Scrambling. Got told by SWMBO at 1pm that my parents were coming over for pizzas tonight. I was in the middle of mowing the lawn so had to come inside and make a few dough balls and sauce. Luckily I have a same day doughball recipe that works. Then back out to finish the mowing I'm tired now. Advanced Planning works wonders maybe SWMBO should try it.....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.