Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    ...been sitting at the airport for most of the past 24 hours...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Foghorn- well, that pulls a very high vacuum.  I hope the destination is home as opposed to the opposite.  I'm quite sure the air-lines have amazing excuses.  
    BTW- hopefully you got to watch the EURO matches today.  England was quite impressive.  Since I'm here, Tuesday should be quite entertaining.  
    Safe travels.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Scrambling. Got told by SWMBO at 1pm that my parents were coming over for pizzas tonight. I was in the middle of mowing the lawn so had to come inside and make a few dough balls and sauce. 
    Did SWMBO invite them?  If so, she should've been sent outside to finish the mowing while you prepared the pizzas.
    This is the True, Just, and Right thing to do.
    This is also probably why I'm unmarried.  
     =) 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Botch said:
    Scrambling. Got told by SWMBO at 1pm that my parents were coming over for pizzas tonight. I was in the middle of mowing the lawn so had to come inside and make a few dough balls and sauce. 
    Did SWMBO invite them?  If so, she should've been sent outside to finish the mowing while you prepared the pizzas.
    This is the True, Just, and Right thing to do.
    This is also probably why I'm unmarried.  
     =) 

Yup she invited them. Pizza is not something one can just spring on someone. Preparation is needed. But I feel my pizza game is on a level now that I can handle a bit of surprise.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap.  Heading to visit in-laws.  My son and I spent the night in a $59 hotel and just stayed in bed today watching most of the Euro games.  Things could be worse.  The games were indeed enjoyable.  We may or may not be allowed to watch the semifinals.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Foghorn - I would bet on you seeing the semis. Surely any potential restrictions can be finessed given the unique nature of the matches.  But I am not there. B)  Good luck!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just got home from the Our Lady Of The Gulf crab festival in Bay Saint Louis. Had a good time but man was it packed shoulder to shoulder. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    @Foghorn @lousubcap @Eoin

Seems lightning can strike twice.  Beating Germany is a once in a generation thing.  Comprehensively winning to move in to the Semi's is another.  
    Gentlemen, we are in uncharted territory. 

To help with your cultural assimilation prior to the next match,  see here for the English national anthem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va6nPu-1auE 

Should you wonder,  this video recreates 'Bitter sweet symphony' by The Verve, which itself was the soundtrack that accompanied the false dawn of the Golden Generation.  There's plenty of rabbit holes to follow with that tune, as well.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    @Foghorn @lousubcap @Eoin

Seems lightning can strike twice.  Beating Germany is a once in a generation thing.  Comprehensively winning to move in to the Semi's is another.  
    Gentlemen, we are in uncharted territory. 

To help with your cultural assimilation prior to the next match,  see here for the English national anthem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va6nPu-1auE 

Should you wonder,  this video recreates 'Bitter sweet symphony' by The Verve, which itself was the soundtrack that accompanied the false dawn of the Golden Generation.  There's plenty of rabbit holes to follow with that tune, as well.
    Anne says thanks for reminding me about this one, as I'm playing it right now, quite loud.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Cooking a Bobotie for mid week meals these are pics from a previous cook.      

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Foghorn
    Options
    That looks awesome @johnmitchell.  We had some great bobotie when we visited South Africa - especially while on a camp tour of Kruger.  I have no idea what was in it.

San Antonio, TX

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Premade ABT dip. Will finish it at the in-laws house. Never made it before,hopefully it's as good as it seems like it will be.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Kids in the hammock watching fireworks last night
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Premade ABT dip. Will finish it at the in-laws house. Never made it before,hopefully it's as good as it seems like it will be.

Did you pre-cook the bacon, making it that way?  Sure looks like an easier preparation.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Botch said:

Did you pre-cook the bacon, making it that way?  Sure looks like an easier preparation.  
    Yes precooked the bacon and the peppers. Then just had to add the cream cheese and cheddar to the top. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    Ordering new sunglasses as mine were liberated into the lake via a water balloon during the 4th of July boat parade (giant floating water balloon fight). Knew the risk going in……
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Ordering new sunglasses as mine were liberated into the lake via a water balloon during the 4th of July boat parade (giant floating water balloon fight). Knew the risk going in……
    Hopefully, they were cheap!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Boat parades can get dicey... 
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Not terribly expensive. Just annoying. As for @nolaegghead and his boat parade pic…..
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I feel your pain. A few years back I foolishly wore my brand new pair of Armani sunglasses out on my parents boat. We got back to the dock, I leaned over to help my dad get everything tied off and plop, right into the water. That was a $350 mistake I never repeated.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Finished one 6' wall shelf and cut all the materials to make 2 8' shelves.  UV plywood is finished on one side.  I'm debating on spraying poly on all of them.  Spray, dry, sand, spray dry....arggh
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Not terribly expensive. Just annoying. As for @nolaegghead and his boat parade pic…..
    Just messing with ya....
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Just messing with ya....
    Oh I’m aware…also, neither of the flags are from
    me….hope you and yours had an enjoyable holiday 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    After some trial and error, research and maybe a dollar's worth of filament, I finally got PLA to stick to a new glass platform.  Failures are fun, you learn stuff.

Printing that 100 x 100 x 2 mm cube.  Great build material or spacer, but really me just starting simple from Fusion 360 and a goal to make a specific object without finding and downloading an stl file.
    Options
    PS - Elmer's glue diluted with water makes PLA stick like glue.  (Because it's literally glue but dried)
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I feel your pain. A few years back I foolishly wore my brand new pair of Armani sunglasses out on my parents boat. We got back to the dock, I leaned over to help my dad get everything tied off and plop, right into the water. That was a $350 mistake I never repeated.
    You know this doesn’t happen if the boat is just kept in the driveway, right? ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike