Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• The viewing permission on that video is set to "private".  Jury is out on whether or not we should be thankful.

think I fixed it. Was on the damn iPhone and it does not play nice with the Googles
    Works. Tracked bobcat skidloader?  I'm jelly.  JohnTheForumRuiner said something about that earlier.  Very cool!

It is awesome. so much fun
    Have you "popped a wheelie" in it yet?  Terrifying the first time it happens.

Not yet. I have not used it out in the field yet. Just drove around the lot where we bought it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:
    There's still time to cancel!
    @SonVolt I don't see anyway to cancel looking at my order.  Did you end up calling them?

@nolaegghead

They ship from the stores. Mine was Everygreen Park. Check your order confirmation email and/or delivery tracking info and look for the City or Store Code, then call the store in that city directly and speak to customer service. 

Mine showed "Evergreen Park" as the store location. The status was "shipped" but when I called they hadn't shipped it yet and canceled the order for me without issue. 

EVRG82094
    June 24, 2021 01:19 PM
    Shipped
    EVERGREEN PARK

Any luck canceling it?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:
    @SonVolt I don't see anyway to cancel looking at my order.  Did you end up calling them?

@nolaegghead

They ship from the stores. Mine was Everygreen Park. Check your order confirmation email and/or delivery tracking info and look for the City or Store Code, then call the store in that city directly and speak to customer service. 

Mine showed "Evergreen Park" as the store location. The status was "shipped" but when I called they hadn't shipped it yet and canceled the order for me without issue. 

EVRG82094
    Shipped
    EVERGREEN PARK

Any luck canceling it?
    Nope.  I tried.  Oh well.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

@ColtsFan I've been keeping an eye on lumber prices (but mostly steel) and they're starting to drop and predicted to fall to pre-pandemic levels in the couple quarters.  No such luck with steel.
    Congratulations on the skid steer. I would be a danger to society if I had one with a mulch head 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - I was thinking about you and wondering about your land grab adventure earlier today. 
    I grabbed a fully qualified commodity brisket a few weeks ago, gave it around three weeks of wet aging and am cooking it tomorrow-just because I can.  No worries if it all goes south.  
    Enjoy the new life style and ranch digs.  
    Spurs for the win!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH said:
    Congratulations on the skid steer. I would be a danger to society if I had one with a mulch head 👍
    We are torn about getting a mulch head. They are really hard on the machine but we have a ton to forestry work to do. I think we are going to burn it though 
  • nolaegghead
    SGH said:
    We are torn about getting a mulch head. They are really hard on the machine but we have a ton to forestry work to do. I think we are going to burn it though 
    Don't.  Rent one if you need to, they cost almost as much as the skid loader.

Got my electric bike kit delivered today!  Charged up the battery, might just head over to the shop to install it.
    @ColtsFan I've been keeping an eye on lumber prices (but mostly steel) and they're starting to drop and predicted to fall to pre-pandemic levels in the couple quarters.  No such luck with steel.
    4x4x1/4 HSS. $550 today for 24'er. Paid $180 a couple years back. Getting close to $2/lb now.. unreal
  • nolaegghead
    Steel, the new copper.
    If you decide to get a mulch head I’m coming to visit you  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker depending on how large the trees are, how many you have, and how much nuts your bobcat has you can pop a lot of trees out of the ground with one of these.
    Congratulations btw. 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

@nolaegghead

EVRG82094
    Shipped
    EVERGREEN PARK

Any luck canceling it?
    Nope.  I tried.  Oh well.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

Carey maybe throw in a free Tee shirt and sell it on the forum.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    ColtsFan said:
    Pretty bad when steel ramps are cheaper than 2x12’s

I saw a graph of lumber prices in the US. Ex-mill prices per board foot have nearly halved from the peak a month or so ago. Probably not fed through to retail yet.
  • SGH said:
    Don't.  Rent one if you need to, they cost almost as much as the skid loader.

Yeah- and they are super hard on the Bobcat too. You can end up with $20k in hydraulic work pretty quick if you don't use it right. As badass as they are, I'm not sure I'm going to hook one up to this machine. The used Bobcats that are known primary Forestry/Mulcher machines have a way lower residual value. I still want to play with one though.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker

My BIL rented one.  You can just drive through trees, grind stumps below grade, etc.  It is brutal on the machine.  I think he caught it on fire twice.  Rent. Rent. Rent.  Also, once inside, practice a quick escape.  Something like the door wont open if the mauling head is partly up.  My BIL with his fires could not get out quick enough!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    kl8ton said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker

My BIL rented one.  You can just drive through trees, grind stumps below grade, etc.  It is brutal on the machine.  I think he caught it on fire twice.  Rent. Rent. Rent.  Also, once inside, practice a quick escape.  Something like the door wont open if the mauling head is partly up.  My BIL with his fires could not get out quick enough!

When the time comes @The Cen-Tex Smoker you’d better be rolling film.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker

Here is the rig BIL rented. He went thru much larger trees than this video shows, but you get the idea.

https://www.asvaus.com/machines/equipment/asv-posi-track/asv-rt120-forestry-positrack/
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Framing wood prices are slowing down, unfortunately plywood is not.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • nolaegghead
    I may never need to buy plywood again....
    Putting a new patio in, paid 67 for OSB a couple days ago
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Shoulda grabbed a pic, but I just bought a new submersible sewage grinder pump.  Since it is a true brown water and wrinkleneck pump/grinder @SGH would really appreciate the work it does.  B)
    Problem is, like most things these days, a pump is not readily available (even though the factory is right here in town).  Hopefully I can nurse the current one along til one is available (1-2 two weeks) as if it fails my house is out of commission plumbing-wise.  That's what I get for living in the wilderness.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    2-40’ conex freezer shipping containers. Way cheaper than adding freezers to our existing setup. Delivery Wednesday. Crane coming to stack em Wednesday at noon. Gonna be a little hectic
  • nolaegghead

:o
  • nolaegghead
    @lkapigian SCORE!