Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    $130 3D printer....
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker

My BIL rented one.  You can just drive through trees, grind stumps below grade, etc.  It is brutal on the machine.  I think he caught it on fire twice.  Rent. Rent. Rent.  Also, once inside, practice a quick escape.  Something like the door wont open if the mauling head is partly up.  My BIL with his fires could not get out quick enough!

:o

I should have said: as quickly as he would have liked.  He's fine.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party with this but it's been interesting and entertaining where it decides to go the last 10 minutes. I pushed the button and off it went. I suppose I actually need to figure out how to set it up for days/time. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm a little late to the party with this but it's been interesting and entertaining where it decides to go the last 10 minutes. I pushed the button and off it went. I suppose I actually need to figure out how to set it up for days/time. 

Just wait till your dog has an accident, then the fun really begins.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Just wait till your dog has an accident, then the fun really begins.
    Hahahaha!!! That would get interesting!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WeberWho
    Options
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  

I'm hoping so. 

I'm impressed what it found the first go around. I wasn't sure how powerful one might be but it did a great job. It obviously doesn't replace a real vacuum but if I could send it out around the kitchen and living room every couple days it should help with the dog hair. My lab is ridiculous. 

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  

I'm hoping so. 

I'm impressed what it found the first go around. I wasn't sure how powerful one might be but it did a great job. It obviously doesn't replace a real vacuum but if I could send it out around the kitchen and living room every couple days it should help with the dog hair. My lab is ridiculous. 
    Friends of ours who have dogs own one of the higher-end Roombas and they swear by the thing.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  

I'm hoping so. 

We got one last November.  Run it Mon-Fri for however long it wants to.  I dump the bin when I get home from work and if is almost always full with dog hair.  We do have 2 shedding dogs one large and one tiny.  Cut the regular vacuuming down to once a week v 2-3 a week before.  We do not have carpet all hardwood and tile.  Did have on accident with dog poop being spread because my wife returned to the office and our dogs routines got thrown off. Thankfully it was the small dog not the big one. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  

I'm hoping so. 

I've been eyeing those things; I'd have to do some major house cleaning/re-arranging, of large stacks of books, magazines, lenses, boxes of retirement stuff and Mom's estate.
    I'll get there, I just hope it happens before I die...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  

I'm hoping so. 

Friends of ours who have dogs own one of the higher-end Roombas and they swear by the thing.  
    That's good to hear. I wasn't expecting much but I'm already sold on what it picked up on the initial run. It's also super quite which is a nice surprise. I always just passed them off as a gimmick. I stopped over at my parents earlier this week and I saw one running around their house. (My sister and brother-in-law picked one up for them) I never took in account for all the areas where this can reach and where your typical vacuum can't. It was running under the kitchen island, couches, cabinets, etc. Which was great. My wife wasn't very interested when I brought it home. She even said, "I'm sold on it". A win in my book!

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    Got the shark iq or whatever. Not impressed, it’s a sweeper not a vacuum and it is constantly lost, does half a room etc. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaeggheads_squirel
    Options
    These are the bestest for multi surfaces!

• FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    I haven’t posted in quite some time but have scanned the forum for info several times.  My latest purchase was a new pit controller.  My old BBQ Guru WiFi was starting to have issues and I decided it was time to replace it.  After reading several user posts on here, I settled on the FlameBoss500 and ordered one thru St. Louis Charcoal (Rockwood). He couldn’t have been any better to work with.  However, my experience with FlameBoss is still to be determined. Following is my response to their customer satisfaction survey:
    The customer support personnel I interacted with could not have been any more polite or nicer.  However, I was very disappointed when my FB500 was DOA June 25 and in spite of support apparently logging into it and verifying the display was showing gibberish, a replacement could not be sent until the defective controller was received by FB. I was able to get it on a FedEx truck the next day and you received it Wednesday but my replacement wasn’t shipped until Thursday with expected delivery on Saturday, July 3.   Too late for my brisket and pork cooks for the 4th.  But what really chapped my cheeks was when I was told the defective controller just required a software update that FB hadn’t made available and didn’t automatically download when I tried to initially set it up but worked fine after the tech that received it updated it.  I could have been up and running a week ago if someone hadn’t dropped the ball on making the update part of the initial login. My dealer, Jonathan Heslop of St. Louis Charcoal, had offered to immediately send me a new unit and let the replacement come to him when I couldn’t get mine to initialize but didn’t think he should be responsible.  Sort of wish I had let him.   I have read many posts extolling FlameBoss and am hoping my experience is an anomaly.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  
    I don't know what model this is, but I totally disagree. We liked our Roomba so much after a year we bought a second one for the other floor. They work based on how much crap I dump out of them.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Not bought by me, but gifted to me by my brother-in-law.

He didn’t even know this, but I’ve wanted one for YEARS. Am very grateful. 

Hell Yeah! Great gift! Love it
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  
    I don't know what model this is, but I totally disagree. We liked our Roomba so much after a year we bought a second one for the other floor. They work based on how much crap I dump out of them.
    Think about that for a minute 
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Those things suck.  
    They are supposed to suck, the suckier the better  ;)
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - You are obviously doing something right to get your BIL to gift that to you.  The off the record conversations he has with your wife have got to be strong endorsements.  Better to be lucky than good any day.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Not bought by me, but gifted to me by my brother-in-law.

He didn’t even know this, but I’ve wanted one for YEARS. Am very grateful. 

Beautiful knife. I really like the simplicity of it. Most knives nowadays are too busy looking for my taste. What a cool brother-in-law! He knows really nice knives!

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That's a classy knife....don't lose it!
    Options
    Need a dedicated long track for my Festool saw.  
    Options
    That track is wide, not long.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - You are obviously doing something right to get your BIL to gift that to you.  The off the record conversations he has with your wife have got to be strong endorsements.  Better to be lucky than good any day.  
    You give me far too much credit. Very, very generous on his part. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    $130 3D printer....
    Could have used one yesterday to fix an accent marble stand with two missing feet  :)

canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    $130 3D printer....
    Could have used one yesterday to fix an accent marble stand with two missing feet  :)

Simple parts like cylinders with holes literally take a few minutes to design and process the print code.  I wanted to make a 100 x 100 x 2 mm plate and it took 5 minutes to design in Fusion 360 and slice the gcode and copy on a flash card.  The printing part might take hours, but the material is cheap.  I'd estimate you use maybe $0.10-0.20 an hour printing with PLA or ABS.
    Options
    Nerd alert:  soldering iron and VOM delivery received today.  

I'm pumped up.  

That is all.

Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I used one of these at an event a few weeks ago, was so impressed I bought one, not a Honda but for the price point and first hand experience with it. 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian