Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Wife got an espresso machine yesterday. Any good recommendations for espresso? 
    We use Costco Kirkland espresso beans which are Starbucks
    I actually think I have some of that in the freezer. Thanks for the reminder. We were grinding some up and throwing it in with some Yuban in our coffee maker. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Stormbringer Will this wild duck work for your duck a l’orange recipe?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Yep. :) 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• SciAggie
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Game on...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Wife got an espresso machine yesterday. Any good recommendations for espresso? 
    Big fan of Lavazza Super Crema, Lavazza Gran Espresso and Gaggia Intenso. All are medium roast which works great in the automatic machines 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    SciAggie said:
    Game on...
    That is a beautiful plucking job @SciAggie

Did a duck today.  Awesome.  Looking forward to taters in duck fat! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    13 pounds of Beef Lips....  @SGH

Simply awesome brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    @kl8ton Using the paraffin is a game changer. If you haven’t done that before check out the link to the YouTube. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Couple of hacks...

The alarm keypad lights up only in the dark, for oldies like us we want it lit up all the time. Blocked the light sensor with a piece of cardboard under the masking tape.

Very sensitive sensor, even 'sees' the light through the tape without the cardboard.

When heavy snow/frost is expected.

canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The eggtoberfest thread is not updating! So frustrating! @Qdude gets the award for “the most controversial thread of 2020” 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    @CPFC1905, for a few minutes I was hopeful that your net result prediction for Man U vs Leicester would not hold, but Vardy once again proved to be too slippery to contain (even though ultimately it was adjudged to be an own goal).

And now I'm hoping the start of the Palace game doesn't portend another shellacking.  
    😤
    Condolences.  I would have thought that an 11 man Palace team could take 10 villains.

Now to see if Arteta can keep his job.
    Yay - I am getting flags again.  

First I was outside looking in,  then I got in,  then I seemed to fall out, but now am back in the gang.   Cheers. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Just got rid of the tree. It was a fire hazard. Wouldn’t want the boys in the red trucks to have to stop cooking and working out to come to work. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Not being a fan of the Colts 😡
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Not being a fan of the Colts 😡
    Totally 2 different half’s of football. Being a Steelers fan, I am pleased with the outcome.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColtsFan
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Got in an 11k foot freefall w my son early this morning.   Career jump #7 was the most fun and comfortable one yet.   I hope to get in a few more in the not too distant future. 

Cool. Looks like a tandem jump. I love skydiving 🪂 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Wondering if I'm in the minority for not letting our kids eat Christmas dinner with us  :s
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    If you eat ham and beans any other way, you’re doing it wrong. 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @ColtsFan I will have to try that.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Wondering if I'm in the minority for not letting our kids eat Christmas dinner with us  :s
    Maybe, maybe not. We had my immediate family over. Only reason everyone was kosher with that is that I work with my dad and 2 brothers every day. No risk of cross contamination 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    We did not let ours eat here. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Did not go to family Christmas meal this year. There will be other times when we can get together; just not during this Covid year.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We didn’t let my parents eat with us, so this kind of thing goes both ways.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    thetrim said:
    Got in an 11k foot freefall w my son early this morning.   Career jump #7 was the most fun and comfortable one yet.   I hope to get in a few more in the not too distant future. 

Cool. Looks like a tandem jump. I love skydiving 🪂 
    Yes.   Fun time.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bacon shitake red/yellow/green peppers roasted garlic onion Larry's sausage hot Vienna sausage cheddar jalapenos feta heavy cream quiche