Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• A gift from my oldest daughter:

I’d only accept that gift on the condition that she will respond to your rings. 😊
  • A gift from my oldest daughter:

I’d only accept that gift on the condition that she will respond to your rings. 😊
    It’s ... very loud.  The wife is suggesting I stow it away for when the boyfriends start showing up at the house.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @JohnInCarolina I’d be ringing that quite often.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Looks like my wife had been listening to me when I was talking about kitchen mods. 

• @Battleborn glad you made it home safe and hope it was an uneventful day of work.  Wife got me a waffle maker for Father’s Day a couple years ago and gets good mileage for a breakfast and dinner tool.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    JethroVA said:
    @Foghorn I had a similar experience yesterday.  No action photo, but see the end result of my baby girl making pickled onions as gifts.  Best Christmas gift ever (watching her in the kitchen wielding a knife like a pro. That's her portrait in the background about 20 years ago. 
    @JethroVA, that's awesome.  You're making me think that after we get out of the pandemic we need to have an egghead get-together when we just sit around somewhere with a good view and drink while our offspring spend a few days cooking "tribute cooks" to us.  My son could man the grills.

I'm probably dreaming.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    @CPFC1905, for a few minutes I was hopeful that your net result prediction for Man U vs Leicester would not hold, but Vardy once again proved to be too slippery to contain (even though ultimately it was adjudged to be an own goal).

And now I'm hoping the start of the Palace game doesn't portend another shellacking.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Well the center of the turkey is demolished but the wings and leg quarters are left. It looks like the frozen herb butter under the breast skin worked. Big sister wanted to know what herbs I used so I showed her where to order it. 

Maybe gumbo next? 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Foghorn said:
    @CPFC1905, for a few minutes I was hopeful that your net result prediction for Man U vs Leicester would not hold, but Vardy once again proved to be too slippery to contain (even though ultimately it was adjudged to be an own goal).

And now I'm hoping the start of the Palace game doesn't portend another shellacking.  
    😤
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

😤
    Condolences.  I would have thought that an 11 man Palace team could take 10 villains.

Now to see if Arteta can keep his job.

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    At the risk of jinxing things...I’m enjoying watching Arsenal for the first time in quite a while.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Foghorn
    Acn said:
    At the risk of jinxing things...I’m enjoying watching Arsenal for the first time in quite a while.
    Yes, @Acn, they look quite good today.  They should let him manage for another week.

On that topic, I have to question how you have a guy who wins you hardware in his first season as your manager and then could get fired in his second.

Or in the case of PSG, takes your team to the Champions League final and gets fired a few months later.

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Acn said:
    Wheels falling off for Super Frank and very sub optimal for my fantasy team. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Acn said:
    Wheels falling off for Super Frank and very sub optimal for my fantasy team. 
    Do you have Pulisic?

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Foghorn said:
    Acn said:
    Yes, @Acn, they look quite good today.  They should let him manage for another week.

On that topic, I have to question how you have a guy who wins you hardware in his first season as your manager and then could get fired in his second.

Or in the case of PSG, takes your team to the Champions League final and gets fired a few months later.
    Given how long they have Wenger at the end, I’d hate to see them start having really short triggers, especially since everything this year is so messed up.  Arsenal need to be realistic about where they are as a club, they need somebody to build them back to a team that can challenge for the league and Championship League spots.  Maybe Arteta isn't that guy, but I don't think they can know that now.  I really think they need to give him time for a regular offseason, start of next season to make that judgement. 

That being said...I was hoping for a point.  Arsenal getting 3, while looking good, is just a huge bonus.  Pulisic being Chelsea's prime creative force was also a bonus.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Teaching the kid about warp whistles in Super Mario 3 on the new switch.  I have retained more knowledge about the secret locations on that game than I did from my jr. High school education, for sure.
  • Foghorn
    Acn said:
    Foghorn said:
    Acn said:

Given how long they have Wenger at the end, I’d hate to see them start having really short triggers, especially since everything this year is so messed up.  Arsenal need to be realistic about where they are as a club, they need somebody to build them back to a team that can challenge for the league and Championship League spots.  Maybe Arteta isn't that guy, but I don't think they can know that now.  I really think they need to give him time for a regular offseason, start of next season to make that judgement. 

That being said...I was hoping for a point.  Arsenal getting 3, while looking good, is just a huge bonus.  Pulisic being Chelsea's prime creative force was also a bonus.
    Yeah.  Chelsea didn't really have much else going on offensively with the exception of Pulisic.  Havertz and Werner have had some dominant moments since their arrival but they looked tired today.  If I were Lampard I probably would have put Giroud on with 25 minutes to go and just started kicking balls forward in the air hoping they would find his head.

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Foghorn said:
    Acn said:
    Foghorn said:
    Acn said:

Yeah.  Chelsea didn't really have much else going on offensively with the exception of Pulisic.  Havertz and Werner have had some dominant moments since their arrival but they looked tired today.  If I were Lampard I probably would have put Giroud on with 25 minutes to go and just started kicking balls forward in the air hoping they would find his head.
    Plus Walcott and Iwobi have both looked great against Arsenal recently....there’s a trend of ex-Gunners scoring on them recently.

I understand Pulisic’s frustration today...he created several chances where he created and his teammates just didn’t get to the ball or do anything with it.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how the USMNT shapes up this coming year, lots of guys playing at a high level, will be interesting to see how the defense shapes up and Steffen’s form with sporadic play with City.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited December 2020
    Teaching the kid about warp whistles in Super Mario 3 on the new switch.  I have retained more knowledge about the secret locations on that game than I did from my jr. High school education, for sure.
    Sounds like we’re in the same boat. Was playing Mariokart on the Switch with my daughter today. Battle Mode for the win!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @GrateEggspectations Never made it to the Admiral level.  I steer clear of rum as I am into simplifying my life but I do appreciate the thought/pics.  I trust this finds you and family well and looking forward to putting this year into the rear-view mirror.
    BTW- Speakeasy opens at around 9 PM (EST) tonight and I will send you the P/W should you want to drop in.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Teaching the kid about warp whistles in Super Mario 3 on the new switch.  I have retained more knowledge about the secret locations on that game than I did from my jr. High school education, for sure.

Links Awakening is another really good one on Switch
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Packing ski gear. Leaving for Colorado tomorrow. Good Lord 5 people with ski gear is a lot of luggage.......
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • About to eat tourtière (traditional meat pie) and watch The Meg with wifey. I’m a sucker for shark movies, no matter how bad. Also, if you’ve never been acquainted with the megalodon, you should look it up. Nightmare fuel. Size chart below. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2020
    About to eat tourtière (traditional meat pie) and watch The Meg with wifey. I’m a sucker for shark movies, no matter how bad. Also, if you’ve never been acquainted with the megalodon, you should look it up. Nightmare fuel. Size chart below. 

I’m a shark nerd. This past July we were on St george island Florida for a week. On the opposite end of the island some chick was walking on the beach and picked up what she thought was a giant oyster shell and took a picture and posted it on the city Facebook page. It was an 8” Megalodon tooth in about as pristine condition as you could have considering its age. Probably worth between $5,000-$8,000 to the right collector. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Wife got an espresso machine yesterday. Any good recommendations for espresso? 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Wife got an espresso machine yesterday. Any good recommendations for espresso? 
    We use Costco Kirkland espresso beans which are Starbucks
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!