Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    @SamIAm2, I have not heard of that.  But yes, we are making Hungarian goulash to go over that pasta.  Looking forward to it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Lighting the egg. A week ago (sunny 50 degrees out) a friend asked if I would smoke his Christmas brisket to be consumed at 2pm. No problem. Fast forward to tonight, it is a 7lb brisket so not sure when to toss it on, currently 20mph wind snowing and 20 degrees out. Merry Christmas!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Watching "The Lights Before Christmas" on BritBox. Steam engine locomotive traveling thru beautiful countryside towing externally illuminated passenger cars. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lkapigian I can’t wait to see what you do with those. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    @SamIAm2, it turns out that my daughter has seen all they have to offer.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SamIAm2
    Options
    @Foghorn, glad to hear that she has followed them. Waiting to see the photographs of your combined expertise on the meal.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    poster said:
    First day of holidays....Yay
    Holy balls. It was 57 here today (80 yesterday) and I was in my winter gear. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited December 2020
    Options

**Not** wrapping tonight for the first time in 20 years. 
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Using the swear words.  All of them.

“Whëor dît Aiy pœt då føckinge Ællen wrëndge?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Merry Christmas, friends. I hope you all have a safe, enjoyable day. 
    Like most, we’re staying in and going to do a Zoom Christmas with immediate family. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SamIAm2
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Foghorn, glad to hear that she has followed them. Waiting to see the photographs of your combined expertise on the meal.
    Here you go @SamIAm2.  Just got one pic. 

Send the leftovers my way. That looks awesome.Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Merry Christmas all!! Be safe, happy and appreciate every moment. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all.  Enjoy the day as tomorrow will be here soon enough!
    Stay healthy and safe out there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,655
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Well without getting into details about the ridiculousness of what happened and how we were treated I didn’t end up with the 4Runner after all. So I got the next best thing. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @Foghorn I had a similar experience yesterday.  No action photo, but see the end result of my baby girl making pickled onions as gifts.  Best Christmas gift ever (watching her in the kitchen wielding a knife like a pro. That's her portrait in the background about 20 years ago. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Well without getting into details about the ridiculousness of what happened and how we were treated I didn’t end up with the 4Runner after all. So I got the next best thing. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

A December to remember?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    dmchicago said:

A December to remember?
    It is both good and bad

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.